HWBOT Community Forums

New Version

im not familiar with the "bugged high score". i installed v6.1.2.9. my overclock is set to 48x100, and windows power plan set to "balanced", the benchmark result in XTU reads the cpu frequency at like 4530mhz, and the score is a little higher than if i set to "performance" mode, where XTU benchmark reads the correct cpu frequency, 4800mhz, but the score is sometimes lower. IDK :\. i know the score fluctuates a little, but XTU's incorrect reading of the cpu frequency when windows power plan is set to balanced makes the score look a lot higher than it should be

Edited by OC Nub

im not familiar with the "bugged high score". i installed v6.1.2.9. my overclock is set to 48x100, and windows power plan set to "balanced", the benchmark result in XTU reads the cpu frequency at like 4530mhz, and the score is a little higher than if i set to "performance" mode, where XTU benchmark reads the correct cpu frequency, 4800mhz, but the score is sometimes lower. IDK :\. i know the score fluctuates a little, but XTU's incorrect reading of the cpu frequency when windows power plan is set to balanced makes the score look a lot higher than it should be

I get same CPU clocks no mater power profile in 5.2.014 .

What does CPU-Z show and are you getting same CPU% running both power plans.

I know Skylake with Win10 adds some new power management ,maybe that can affect too.

You didn't happen to see if XTU saved your OC (if you made any) in XTU, version 6.0.0.22 wouldn't save any OC settings on reboot for me.

Wonder if thats fixed, will have to try when I have time.

it did save my oc, i booted up this morning and it loaded my saved profile.

when i have balanced power plan set, and i run XTU bench, the score results will show my overclock lower than what it actually is. i am running 4800mhz, but XTU will show around 4530mhz or something like that in the results of the bench score.

Edited by OC Nub

it did save my oc, i booted up this morning and it loaded my saved profile.

when i have balanced power plan set, and i run XTU bench, the score results will show my overclock lower than what it actually is. i am running 4800mhz, but XTU will show around 4530mhz or something like that in the results of the bench score.

My bad, i misunderstood, I didn't run benchmark, I just ran the CPU load test and looked at graph (clock speed) with both power plans.

Thanks for conformation it saves OC setting.

Ok, Installed 6.1.29 , I first set XTU back to default profiles.

I unstall the old 5.2 version, it asked if i wanted to delete old profiles, I didn't check that off and uninstalled.

Install new version, go to profile tab and no profiles listed.

So I first think uninstalled deleted them, So I check a few paths and find them here.

C:\Users\Ed\Documents\Intel XTU Profiles

I made new profile and its not stored here so saved stored profile must of changed (will check in XTU info page).

I didn't BM but this version seems to save clocks fine on reboot.

I also notice no watchdog listed in program files.

Ok, its not saving any profiles next time I start it.

If I hit import I see old profiles and can import them and run them but again, next start of XTU and no profiles are show in porfile tab.

Edit: It also not letting me opt out of telemetry either, its like every setting is not saved.

Also should it of updated IME, normally each version of TXU updates that along with install.

I am on IME 10.0.39.1003

Edited by edkiefer

You can't opt out telemetry?!

Yeh, you know the box that comes up when first run, I first click to not show again (this doesn't work). after I have it not enabled in that pop up, I go into setting where there it is enabled. I uncheck it and next time I run it , it is back to like first time I ran it.

It does run last OC, but any other saving doesn't work.

The Intel telemety I can see is set to 1 in reg too.

I have a few GUI.logs and I see err messages in there, so if you want it I can give it, might help.

I could also post it here, not to big.

Ok, another problem, if I click on default profile (to get back to stock clocks) and as soon as I hit show button at top XTU crashes.

Going to reinstall and see if that helps.

Edited by edkiefer

• 2 weeks later...

here my results using Processlasso with my i5-3570k, version 5.2.0.14

XTU 4300-4400 , Probalance enabled (priority lowered), 2 runs 775, 776

Probalance excluded on p95-bench.exe (default priority), 2 runs 777, 776

same as above but changed power plan to HP, 2 runs, 775, 775

Same as above but set p95-bench.exe to above nromal (note it keeps toggling from normal to above normal), 2 runs 776, 777

So not much change , this is on W10 so it hard to know what back-ground processes start running, also PerfTune.exe is set to high priority by default.

Changelog

• Installation and platform support for Next generation Intel® Coreâ„¢ processor family.
  • Introduce per core monitors (Frequencies, Voltage and Utilization).
  • Fixed the issue related log deletion during uninstallation of SDK
  • Defect fixes

Known Issues

ok, nothing is fixed with profiles.

1) old profiles don't show.

2)new profiles are not saved, shown in list on restart of XTU.

3) crashes with show button.

example, I can import or make new profile, click apply, all is good.

now say i want to go to default (stock bios settings), click on default, and once I hit show button at top XTU does not respond anymore.

Also on installation, my MEI is 10.0.39.1003 ,it didn't update to newer version like in readme, maybe cause I am on IB and newer is not needed, don't know.

Guess I will stay on 5.20.14, its not worth trouble as i am not into BM.

Just want to use XTU for small tweak in freq/voltage

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

the new XTU version is junk. using same settings i did 743 and numerous 742 on and my score is 587-589 marks.

what did they do, use a different portion of p95 stress test?

things i noticed different compared to previous versions are, active core count drops to 1 alot and cpu util drops to 20ish % alot.

in other news the AVX portion or whatever is still working, 103+ bclk still kills score.