HWBOT Community Forums

Sandy Bridge 2500K/2600K Batch and Serial Numbers

Massman

I have a different batch# (anyone have seen batch# without L0 in the beggining?)

Batch#3044B310

The first letter or digit , shows us , in which Intel plant the cpu was made.

L=Malay

3=Costa Rica

0=2010

44=week of that year

It's the first SB cpu i've seen from Costa Rica plant.

Not sure if I ever told you the digits so here is a little update:

L040B165 #0916 - max 2D and 3D 5589, booting 5597 but only 1m and very unstable

today I got a new one and just had a quick look on it before popping it in.

L038B638 #28XX (61 iirc) - ~5670

that is one nice chip, does 5665 easy and boots 5680+...seems I still need to find optimum voltage as 2nd run was directly 5665 which also ist my limit for most of the benches until now. 32m just passed with 5min 56s flat YAY :)

new2600kpifastsub13st.jpg

Tried another CPU, just a fast run to see how it was.

- L101B381 SN: 0184 / Giga UD4, 32M stable, HT on @ 5,6ghz.

Didn't try to max out the frequencies, maybe something more is possible, having more time to try :)

Tested another one, same batch L101B381, a total disaster.

This one SN is 0891, it can do max 52x multi, so 5.240mhz max, by adjusting a little the bclk.

I can't still view a correlation between a good cpu and batch/sn :(

a 5240mhz cpu is worthless, since we had a 975 that could do around 5,3ghz in 3d benches :)

Anyway, the cpu I reported a few days ago is finally in my hands, my friend decided to exchange it with mine since he doesn't overclock, so it's pointless if what's in his case can do 5,3 or 5,6ghz :)

a 5240mhz cpu is worthless, since we had a 975 that could do around 5,3ghz in 3d benches :)

Gotta disagree with you here. For one thing, you don't use LN2 with the SB CPU so less money and hassle.

Also, a 5.2ghz SB is MUCH faster than a 5.3ghz Bloomfield. Much more efficient in most 2D and 3D. Not faster clock for clock in Wprime and Vantage, but '01-'06 and Pifast and Spi its much faster. Will blow the i7 975 away. ;)

Yes, I use LN2 on SB, I simply don't go below -40°c :)

Anyway, ok, 5,2ghz SB is faster than 5,3ghz bloomfield, but if I must pay 500 euros (cpu+mobo) to "migrate" to another architecture, I want a good improvement... 500euros to have performances up by a 10/15% factor is not worthy.

So we sold our previous 2600K and now we found that one, which is stable @ about 5.6ghz and THAT is something better in comparison with a bloomfield :)