HWBOT Community Forums

where to get bios for older mainboards (DFI, EPoX...)

Currently I am looking for bios-files for older mainboards. But often it's a tough job to find versions for them, especially for vendors like DFI, EPoX and so on.

Does anybody have a suggestion where I can find files for these models (or maybe someone have files on his storage):

- Chaintech CT-7NJS Zenith

- DFI Infinity nF4 Ultra-U

- DFI LANPARTY 875P Pro B

- DFI LANPARTY 875P-T

- DFI LANPARTY DK 790FXB-M2RS

- DFI LANPARTY DK 790FXB-M3H5

- DFI LANPARTY DK P45-T2RS Plus

- DFI LANPARTY DK P45-T3RS Plus

- DFI LANPARTY JR GF9400-T2RS

- DFI LANPARTY UT 790FX-M2R

- DFI LANPARTY UT 915P-T

- DFI LANPARTY UT nF3 Ultra-D

- DFI LANPARTY UT NF590 SLI-M2R

- DFI LANPARTY UT NF680i LT SLI-T2R

- EPoX 8RDA6+ Pro

- EPoX 9NDA3J

- FOXCONN BlackOPS (beta-bios)

- Leadtek K7NCR18D Pro II Deluxe Limited

- Shuttle AN50R

For DFI-boards in general I can use this site but it doesn't contain all models by far. For EPoX I couldn't find a good source at all.

I think this is a situation where more people are faced with. So maybe we can collect bios files like in the thread for coldslow/coldbug for gfx. And maybe hwbot can host them?

What do you guys think?

knopflerbruce gave me a hint. He sent me this link. Unfortunately none of the sources behind the link worked but due to his hint I knew what to look for.

After a bit of searching the web I found a working link for Tmod DFI BIOS-CD (seems to be one of the latest versions, 11.2.1): Click!

I tried it with my UT nF590 SLI-M2R - works perfect. Now I have about 10 bios-versions for this board and lots of other DFI-boards are supported. But only AMD-based ones. So still looking for bios for Intel-based DFI-boards. But it's a good start...

Thanks for the hint, knopflerbruce! :)

You have to do your due diligence. The files are out there, you just have to find them. ;)

I have a pretty good elite collection of bios's for most obsolete boards in most all platforms. It took me better than a decade to collect these. I use them as draw to my own site. You can always message me if you're looking for a particular bios. Chances are I have it.

i had contacted DFI and the person i talked to said they dont have them but that they get requests all the time. Sad if this is true but I will go thru my old drives ( im unorganized.. ) as i found a old mobo site that had pentium bios's and other such bio's .. Now that i have a place to put them ill pass on to op when i find the site again. ( redid my workshop/garage )

Sunset1

I extracted the ISO from your link and I see BIOSes for intel boards as well in there.

You're absolutely right. I saw only the information my eyes wanted to see....

Here is a "list" of all supported boards, taken from the booted ISO.

attachment.php?attachmentid=4692&stc=1&d=1473186599

Five boards I own are missing:

- DFI LanParty DK 790FXB-M3H5

- DFI LanParty Pro875B

- DFI LanParty 875P-T

- DFI LanParty UT 915p-T12

- DFI LanParty GF9400-T2RS

Beside these five I know that

- DFI LanParty KT400A

- DFI LanParty 925X-T2

existed. These aren't "supported", too.

But this ISO is a very, very good start. Thanks again for the hint! :)

Five boards I own are missing:

- DFI LanParty DK 790FXB-M3H5

- DFI LanParty Pro875B

- DFI LanParty 875P-T

- DFI LanParty UT 915p-T12

- DFI LanParty GF9400-T2RS

Beside these five I know that

- DFI LanParty KT400A

- DFI LanParty 925X-T2

existed.

I'm pretty sure , you can still find most of them on-line ... have you searched for any of these ???

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...
You will not find them there any more. Moved them to a private server long ago, accessible only on my say so.

Really sorry to dig up this thread, but i want to find out what the newest BIOS for a board i have. I don't actually need the newest version, just to know if any newer version supports an 8.5 multiplier because my CPU is limited by the multiplier (there is no way to change it to a .5) The board is a Lanparty DK P35-T2 (it is identical to the DK p35-T2RS except that it uses an ICH9 PCH instead of the ICH9R, is missing 2 sata ports and may be missing a few odds and ends here and there). FIY, there is no actual picture i could find for the DK P35-T2. All discontinued listingings for it have the DK P35-T2RS picture :D.

I'm pretty sure it's the board highlighted in my attachement.

I have held on to this board because it is one of two boards from the 775/AM2 era that i have owned that are fully supported by Linux.