HWBOT Community Forums

Who is charge of league placement?

Burst

Just curious to know who regulates participants on how they are placed into the different leagues. Because this is a novice league and there are some pictures of people with rigs and setups that seem to be way more advanced than what you would typically see someone who is a "novice" of their sport or trade

There is a picture of a rig in this competition that you can clearly see a liquid nitrogen or similar cooling canister. its funny how its from the team that wins every rookie rumble and novice nimble every time. And by a significant margin i might add

There is a picture of a rig in this competition that you can clearly see a liquid nitrogen or similar cooling canister. its funny how its from the team that wins every rookie rumble and novice nimble every time. And by a significant margin i might add

So what you're saying is it's not ok for someone in the Rookie or Novice league's who has the talent and machine shop availability to build his own cooling pot to do so, even if he's never done sub zero OC. I think many guys in Novice have dabbled with sub zero as it's the only way to learn, just don't submit any scores or cheat any contest and it's fine

HATER'S GONNA HATE !

Teams can't win a rookie rumble since it's an individual effort event. ;)

Edited by rtsurfer

Just curious to know who regulates participants on how they are placed into the different leagues. Because this is a novice league and there are some pictures of people with rigs and setups that seem to be way more advanced than what you would typically see someone who is a "novice" of their sport or trade

I can understand saying this if the score was not in line or the cpu mhz was too high. But what is wrong with a 4.5ghz 5960x. Perfectly normal for watercooling.

That's not really cool to call out someone like that with no proof that they used that container to cheat. he is a really great guy and I really dont think he would ever cheat.

It's tough sometimes because you want to try ln2 but maybe cant do it all the time so you just dabble here and there until you are ready to commit to extreme league.

So what is your rule, if you have a nice setup, have ln2 containers or have used ln2 before you cant be in the novice league?

the fact of the matter is, we cant be in novice the rest of our lives and it isn't against the rules to buy (in my case make) extreme cooling gear while in the novice league. i dont even have liquid nitrogen becuase places ive called want way to much money, so ive never even been cold yet. all my subs are on water cooling, and the clocks i run go hand in hand with that.

thats all i have to say.

edit:

also thanks for looking out guys means alot.

Edited by Johnd0e

I can understand saying this if the score was not in line or the cpu mhz was too high. But what is wrong with a 4.5ghz 5960x. Perfectly normal for watercooling.

That's not really cool to call out someone like that with no proof that they used that container to cheat. he is a really great guy and I really dont think he would ever cheat.

It's tough sometimes because you want to try ln2 but maybe cant do it all the time so you just dabble here and there until you are ready to commit to extreme league.

So what is your rule, if you have a nice setup, have ln2 containers or have used ln2 before you cant be in the novice league?

Thanks for backing up one of the newest and coolest members of our team. I stand behind him proudly.

Before people attempt to smear a very gifted bencher in a public way someone could have asked him. The real question is who is in charge of the witchunt ? And Why?

Btw strong nice win on Cheapaz Chips.

I wonder if anyone can even a round against OCN if he has been doing LN2 on his subs! lol

Johndoe is simply dedicated to win but not by cheating.

Fact is, some guys in the past posted some nasty scores and clocks not attainable with ambient cooling yet cover themselves with monstrous radiator set-up. Common sense will really help you understand which is cheating and which is legit.