HWBOT Community Forums

SuperPi 1.4 accepted???

Hello everybody...

I'm pretty stunned that there is still a SPi 1.4 result holding a record ... And above all it is already marked as "been moderated by the hwbot crew, and can no longer be reported" ...

I don't care if I am the first or not but there are some certain "Rules for online submissions." that clearly specify the version of SuperPi to be used :

You must use the XtremeSystems version 1.5, having accuracy in milliseconds and checksum validation

Thanks in advance.

Edited by mache

There is ~2 sec apart from our scores... and a "little" 500MHz difference and higher memory latencies... Even if the score date is more than 1 year old does that mean that it can't be fixed ??

Edited by mache

It is not about cheating here. The .99 is an issue, but there are situation when 1.4 really gives a way better performance, that was the idea, and we all know that. You gave an example in which they are close, but there are many examples in which they are not. However, this was about different benchmark versions used, and that is not ok. But, If they are older than an year they are ok by HWB rules, and I think that that answer mache's question.

Yes of course that is true, but also you know when the limit has to be set (scores that were uploaded before 1.5 came on the market are ok I suppose, nothing else was available back then). That's why I said you know better, I don't remember the exact date when Spi 1.5XS was released.