HWBOT Community Forums

Is the GIGABYTE Z170-SOC Force LN2 Retail or ES?

Guest george.kokovinis

Sorry, edited some comments.

Alright, I have read the whole thread. I think there is a general confusion about "hardware types".

Thank you for bringing this up tho, rules will be clarified and updated accordingly. Hopefully soon :D

I made a task here if you want to follow.

Now to address the Z170X-SOC Force LN2 case:

It is not an ES (Engineering Sample) / QS (Qualification Sample).

It is not a Limited Release / Limited Edition.

It is not a Media/PR Sample.

It is not retail.

It is unreleased.

For now we handled "unreleased" hardware like ES. And it will still be the case, just need to clarify the rules about it.

So as long as this motherboard is "current gen", submissions made with the Z170X-SOC Force LN2 must have points disabled unless the user is in the Elite League.

No matter if the board was purchased, received (prize) or handed.

Edit: The group purchase will not change the "type". It will remain unreleased.

Edited by Christian Ney

• Crew

It is unreleased.

It isn't going to be released though? By definition, unreleased would imply it is going to be released in the future, but we know from Gigabyte that it's not.

Not to sound butthurt here (I'm not), but from what I see, it's only AUS members who have this board...so let's say it is the best board and yields the most points on a per submission basis. In the HWBot Country cup, am I right in assuming that this would give team AUS a distinct advantage?

Correct me if I'm wrong etc!

Edit: The group purchase will not change the "type". It will remain unreleased.

Might as well cancel the group buy idea. [emoji16]

You are not gonna get enough orders from Elite league alone & people are not moving to Elite league for 1 motherboard.

Hope you'd see through the BS, but that didn't happen.

Over & out.

Z170 Ln2 is not happening at all.

http://forum.hwbot.org/showthread.php?p=459940

Z270 might have happened, but now unless Gigabyte releases 50 ( pretty sure it was less) something boards on Newegg like they did with the Z97 ln2 board, this is never gonna work. And that board is considered "retail" as far I can remember.

Am I the only one that sees how ridiculous that for this to be rendered useless. Gigabyte has to sell like 5 on Newegg. 5 honest people & other sponsored people having it would be more skewed that 50 something (or more, depending on how many want it) people having it with group buy. But we just can't get past the complaining.

Edited by rtsurfer

It isn't going to be released though? By definition, unreleased would imply it is going to be released in the future, but we know from Gigabyte that it's not.

Not to sound butthurt here (I'm not), but from what I see, it's only AUS members who have this board...so let's say it is the best board and yields the most points on a per submission basis. In the HWBot Country cup, am I right in assuming that this would give team AUS a distinct advantage?

Correct me if I'm wrong etc!

Team China or Team Taiwan should dominate everything with their weird boards (mostly GPU) that don't get exported :)

Might as well cancel the group buy idea. [emoji16]

You are not gonna get enough orders from Elite league alone & people are not moving to Elite league for 1 motherboard.

I consider this progress. People have to decide which is more important. The league, or the score. :)

As someone who tested the board i find funny how much debate there is around it. Board is good, solid build and easiest board to insulate ever, but it's not going to bring 100 mhz on cpu or ram. Since the level of eff/ mhz is exsctly same on all vendors now i see no reason to bann this one from practical aspect. But since lately on hwbot we are all masters in theory and principles the debate is still strong as i can see lol

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I've also tested this board,no I don't own one but have tested it,things I've notice comparing it to ocfm in mem bench 32m is....

It does same memory MHz easy

It does tighter rtls at ever strap,like 48-49 vs 49-50

At 4133 memory on both boards running 32m it is more stable,so if ocfm fails at loop 12 this board seems to pass all the time

It trains rtls on auto very nice but you can also set them tighter when running 4133 12-12-12 like I did at 49-50 I even had 48-49 going

Is it easy to use ,no ocfm is by far easy board to use,I have no problem running the ln2 board but comparing the two it is harder to dial in

Comparing the bios the ln2 is much like the norm with gigga last boards sub timings are all different order but it's just matter of working them all out

It's runs all Ics as good no problem there ,I've not tested it cold,at any high freq (it's not mine and I not want to kill it )I've not compared it's eff in legacy to the ocfm

Would I buy one ,yea but not at high price when ocfm is so cheap,over all I think it's a good board I like it but it will take some people some time to dial in if not use to gigga bios

Edit it's eff seems to be as good on 32m,oh and not sure if there is a new bios out but I couldn't find disablebit in bios so just disabled it via OS otherwise eff is around 2 sec down but all fixed after doing it via os

Edited by Bullant