HWBOT Community Forums

ULTIMATE B DIE TWEAKING GUIDE FOR ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII SERIES

• 2 weeks later...

board binning is very true indeed. First board managed 4000 12-12-12 with wazza. second board exactly the same. So I started to wonder if my memory was bad (Galax HOF) and that maybe my good g.skill had gotten degraded. But then I tried a third board and it just works. HOF will probably do 4133 12-12-12 or 4080 12-11-11 after a little tweaking and some cold on CPU, they passed a couple of loops just from dialing in timings. Great memory!

Edit: this is not only true for Asus impact. I also tried a MOCF and had the same bad results...

Edited by Rauf
  • Thanks 1

board binning is very true indeed. First board managed 4000 12-12-12 with wazza. second board exactly the same. So I started to wonder if my memory was bad (Galax HOF) and that maybe my good g.skill had gotten degraded. But then I tried a third board and it just works. HOF will probably do 4133 12-12-12 or 4080 12-11-11 after a little tweaking and some cold on CPU, they passed a couple of loops just from dialing in timings. Great memory!

Edit: this is not only true for Asus impact. I also tried a MOCF and had the same bad results...

Every MOCF here with the same cpu (4133 c12 IMC) and same kit of ram performs the same. I have five MOCF some early ES but most retail. I only have one M8I so can't test on Asus but at least in my case binning boards has not been required for maximizing memory clocks.

^^Same,I've tested 3 ocfm and have a new forth here not tested and all work as good as each other on memory clocking

For people testing imc,when on water check rtl strength. 50-51-7-7 or 50-50-7-6 or 49-50-6-6 @ say 4000 cl12,this is on ocfm

Edited by Bullant

• Administrators

Boards can be quite different, no idea about mocf, only had one sample, I had two M8Hero, one did 3866 divider up to nearly 4k c12 stable 32m 1t, second had big problems even doing 3733 c12 stable, same mems and cpus. On air, rtls on MOCF are quite hard for me (4kc12 the mentioned 51/50 7/6 or 7/7 at best), apart from this the board worked like a charme up to 4133 c12 32m with all other timings set tight (of course with capable imc), additional sa and io voltage should help but cooling limits this for me, 1,45v+ might be no good idea xD

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Guest Digg_de

Why the Boards are degrading? Is it the high SA/IO Voltage or maybe Vdimm?

I've bought me few Days ago a used Asus Impact Board. I hope it is not already degraded. ^^

I can start 2000 12-11 49/50/6/6 easy and Geekbench/Pi32m with Win8.1 is stable. Good sign?

snaphsot0001p3zan.png snaphsot000273ro1.png

Need to install XP32 for Pi32m. :)

edit:

XP32 installed, was a bit more complicated than a XP-Install on OCF.. ;)

snaphsot0006bhuzv.png

Most times i have the "79 Slowmode Bug"... i've tried the "DRAM REF VOLTAGE CONTROL".. mostly no success.. or first Boot after Setting is ok, after next restart 79 again.

Need to spend more time for tweaking Memory.

Edited by Digg_de

• 11 months later...
RGB?

Gesendet von meinem ONEPLUS A5000 mit Tapatalk

No Daniel, no RGB, it's kit from September '16.

I enter in Windows @ 3600 CL 12-13-13-28-1T with 1.85v ddr and 1.25v vccio and vcsa. It's enouth no? I setting 2x8gb new Samsung single side profilo in bios because with settings of this guide no boot, error 55 or 49.

Also now @ 3600 bot it's difficult and at reboot sometimes always 55 or 49 error.

I saw Hideo 's submission @ 3900mhz CL 12-12-12, so this mboard can reach this frequency.

• Like 1

Then either the mem is not good enough or a certain setting is wrong.

Gesendet von meinem ONEPLUS A5000 mit Tapatalk

This 7350K was sold to me from Aerotracks. I check his submission and he done XTU with the same cpu @ 2082 ddr frequency cl 12-12-12 but with Apex, so this cpu has good imc. Should be mboard limit because mems ar binned to go @ 4ghz tight.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...