HWBOT Community Forums

ASUS Strix RX460 XOC

elmor

Whats the VRReady pin on the DIGI+ chip?

Pin #39, there's a second pin for loop 2 (#38) but not sure if it's used.

The card should be using a rebranded NCP81022. Not sure how you would actually confirm that though.

Nope, this one is different.

a friend of mine required my skill to mod his card , for a contest here on hwbot , for anybody intrested about hardmod , tested fully working!

i had no datasheet , so blind mode action:D

gpu pwm FB default value measured to GND is 2.8 Ohm

gDDR pwm FB default value measured to gnd is 1.024kohm

20161011_21025709syi.jpg 20161011_210349amss3.jpg 20161011_212336zpses.jpg 20161011_215611l1sd1.jpg

Edited by nachtfalke

Would anyone happen to know if there's anything like a '0.95v rail mod' on R9 290X found on this particular RX 460 card? (or, as TheStilt called it, the PCIe PHY Supply Voltage, if I'm not mistaken)

Like Allen said, sometimes the card just bench fine, just when go back to OS there's blackscreen and I cannot take screenshot or even validate the bench. For me this happens a lot at higher volts like 1.45V (which my gpu needs just to run 1550Mhz).

a friend of mine required my skill to mod his card , for a contest here on hwbot , for anybody intrested about hardmod , tested fully working!

i had no datasheet , so blind mode action:D

gpu pwm FB default value measured to GND is 2.8 Ohm

gDDR pwm FB default value measured to gnd is 1.024kohm

20161011_21025709syi.jpg 20161011_210349amss3.jpg 20161011_212336zpses.jpg 20161011_215611l1sd1.jpg

I tried the vmem tonight. Didn't have any 20k but used two 10k in serial. Anyway, when I first booted up, vmem kept rising slowly all by itself from 1.5 and somewhere between 1.55-1.6 screen froze. It then gave 0 volts when trying to turn on. Had to remove the vmod to get the card back to life again.

Any ideas?

what resisstance you had with both 10k serial mounted from FB point to GND? should be near 1k value ! that means both trimmer poti are turned to max value ( both at 10k) for me seams you had used trimmer with less value than 10k both in serial!

from 0.85v default vddci voltage to 1.5v is lot of volts , you should give it max +350mv (1,2 -1.25v) if they scalling ...if not leave them alone!

first rule in modding , YOU check the default ressistance value from FB point to gnd , and after mod YOU check again ressistance value from FB point with trimm mounted to GND to be near the same ! THAN absolutly nothing bad can happend!

also make sure that "gnd" point you used is GND not something else! make sure that you measure the right VDDCI positive point not other

you had luck that pwm it has protection:D

Edited by nachtfalke

Nice one Allen ;)

This one is mine, I used it on the competition. I use the Strix LN2 XOC BIOS as base and then edited the mem clock limit, and the timing set(only works on 1875Mhz and 2000 Mhz strap, so on 1750Mhz it wont make any difference)

It's a little faster than the normal XOC BIOS, but i'm not sure exactly how fast it is compared to splave's one(might be slower so you need to check with benchmarks)

I put the file+atiflash zipped on the attachment, give that a try if you wanted :)

Thanks to @buildzoid and @Alex@ro who gives me the idea of changing memory timings, I wouldn't meddle with those if you guys don't tell me to

[note]

If you wanted to flash it yourself, the bios files is the RX460XOC1.rom. But there's batch file to make operation easier:

-backup.bat is to backup your current BIOS to RX460.backup

-flashXOC.bat is to flash with edited XOC BIOS

-flashORI.bat is to flash with RX460.ROM (original RX460 BIOS)

This atiflash works on windows, don't forget to disable your display adapter on the device manager first ;)

Edited by Lucky_n00b