HWBOT Community Forums

Country Cup 2016?

WhiteWulfe

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the real rule that needs to change is, we should just let 1 user submit as many results as they wish for a stage. why not? we all know that this happens already, or just being in the same room and pressing the screen capture button is not REALLY benching it. Or when the result is submitted just have it go into a slush fund of your country so the user just says USA or Canada etc.

Make Country Cup great again!

THIS!

It is giving a chance to countries with very few active overclockers actually compete without cheating.

For example I can do several stages with several different cards if I have the time and money to invest in it.

But when we are 3 active overclockers, even if gather together, we will still need to hand over some results to other people. And I don't want to do that, although we all know it's a reality.

Let's say my team benches together and all members come to the party. The problem is half of them are inactive most of the time. So some of the active overclockers (or we as a group) will bench the hw and someone else will submit it. So what's the point of disallowing more than one result per overclocker?

The only difference is it is uploaded from the profile of someone else. Doesn't really matter he was in the same room watching or drinking beer. It only adds to the fun factor, but nothing stops us get together even if more than 1 result per overclocker is allowed.

It even makes it better, because we would know we ACTUALLY have a chance. When we submit 3 out of 5 required, even if they are WRs it doesn't matter. Absolutely no motivation for that.

It is practiacally impossible for a single guy to cover all the stages with top of the line LN2 results, but if someone does, then why not allow it?

Let's make it official.

Edited by I.nfraR.ed

Couldn't agree more. This rule never made sense to me. In the end you still need a lot of people working together considering the amount of hardware and variety within the stages. And honestly if one guy manages to run all stages alone and wins the cup - he has my biggest respect because this is a shtload of work.

And honestly if one guy manages to run all stages alone and wins the cup - he has my biggest respect because this is a shtload of work.

I agree with Roman,

The stages for CC was already quite diverse, and the timeframe is rather short for one single person to run it all by himself, so it is naturally better for a Country to form a team of people to bench it together for maximum effectiveness ( I assumed at least a team of 5 to 6 people at the minimum?).

But, if there was no minimum number of required people to attend the country cup, a certain country that still wanted to try to tackle some stages with small number of people (2-3 for example), can still have fun in the Country Cup, even though they are at disadvantage because of the smaller team.

i am jealous of australia because of their bench-partys :D seems to be lots of fun and the results are allways very strong.

germany actually tried this year to win the cup and there were ~15 - 20 overclockers very active and tried very hard, but we were not able to manage a benchparty like australia. a few overclockers met for a singel weekend to bench with LN2, but obviously that´s not enough to compete to australia and this year especially to greece.

• Administrators

Database is f... up - msiogs is a combined league ranking account of Phil and firekiller which was decided to be made after a lot of people complained about them benching together and doing different benchmarks divided with same vgas for example, which was btw ridiculous as all was correct at this. As the firekiller account still exists for non ranking it is legit to use this for non point subs like cc cup if he wants to bench, it is also legit to use for other comps like GOC, and it was officially allowed. Seems now the latest database fixed messed this up

well done to greece with an obviously well thought out structure, the aussies were always going to be hard to beat, (proven record in tht ) but in anything ...no one or team is unbeatable under any circumstances, and we saw that , great job by all, especially the greeks team, the aussies were very lucky not to get done by the german team as well, they came out of the blue and belted everyone ..nicely done boys...makes for another good go next year for all ...guess the boys from down under are gunna have a rethink now, anyway all, good stuff and merry xmas to all, and big thanks to the bot boys and all you guys invovled with it for a great job under trying circumstances at times thru the year !!...merry xmas and have a great new year, may the next be a better for all

Edited by ozzie

Database is f... up - msiogs is a combined league ranking account of Phil and firekiller which was decided to be made after a lot of people complained about them benching together and doing different benchmarks divided with same vgas for example, which was btw ridiculous as all was correct at this. As the firekiller account still exists for non ranking it is legit to use this for non point subs like cc cup if he wants to bench, it is also legit to use for other comps like GOC, and it was officially allowed. Seems now the latest database fixed messed this up

Thanks for the explanation