HWBOT Community Forums

Kaby NDA breaking shame thread

Splave

Here I will post a list of people / websites breaking NDA for shame. Feel free to add your own I will update the OP and link all my intel contacts to the thread. Thanks!

USERS:

Zero_Dan = facebook pictures of CPU and Results

Jon Lam

Sam OCX

StullenAndi

Mark Campbell

Websites:

HWBOT

Anandtech

Tom's Hardware

Bit-tech

HKEPC

HardOCP

Hexus

Coolaler

overclock3d

eteknix

PS: Hwbot please stop pushing these website by linking them in your social media and news posts. You are only bringing them more ad revenue and clicks for breaking the rules as a reward :/

PSS: PMing a friend or someone you trust to be quiet I dont care but in public is a no no.

Edited by Splave

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the purpose of this thread? By listing all NDA-breaking (/not NDA-impacted) sites you just build a complete source list for everyone watching out for Kaby Lake info before the NDA officially ends. Just put the site name plus "Kaby Lake" into a search engine and you're ready to go. :confused:

Edited by Hyperhorn

What is the purpose of this thread? By listing all NDA-breaking (/not NDA-impacted) sites you just build a complete source list for everyone watching out for Kaby Lake info before the NDA officially ends. Just put the site name plus "Kaby Lake" into a search engine and you're ready to go. :confused:

Doesn't matter who didn't sign the NDA, it matters that the company that did sign it sent the cpu to someone that is leaking. Therefore the original signer is breaking the NDA. The problem is Intel is taking this very serious especially now that their competition is strengthening. How would it be if Intel decided not to send any CPUs even to manufacturers anymore and forced them instead to have a company representative only use them under their guidance. Bet the OC boards would be terrible at a design level that couldn't be fixed.

I see no shame here.

All I see is people looking out for their own personal best interest. Only reason you care about the NDA breaks is because your prelaunch CPU supply will stop. Frankly, I don't give a damn.

These leaks help normal people, who might not have friends in the right places (not everyone does), get some idea of what's to come & organize their purchases that way. I am for everyone benefiting and not just a select few "power users/XOCers". :rolleyes:

I just see people trying to maintain their superiority by making sure they get to play with stuff ahead of time & they share it with their chosen friends.

How would it be if Intel decided not to send any CPUs even to manufacturers anymore and forced them instead to have a company representative only use them under their guidance. Bet the OC boards would be terrible at a design level that couldn't be fixed.

I don't think they'll go that far, if they do, well screw em. They are only gonna hurt themselves if they are not willing to provide CPUs even to Mobo makers. I will bench AMD, I don't care.

Edited by rtsurfer

If Intel care... they'll stop sending hardware to these people/sites.

Coolaler has been leaking for ten years. It's clearly not a problem for Intel. They've had a decade to do something about it. No point trying to close the stable door now, easier to catch the horse by buying frozen lasagne.

Yes, people are breaking a legal document, but what is a law with no consequence for breach? A guideline. Ethics and morals are the first victims of chasing money.

I see no shame here.

All I see is people looking out for their own personal best interest. Only reason you care about the NDA breaks is because your prelaunch CPU supply will stop. Frankly, I don't give a damn.

These leaks help normal people, who might not have friends in the right places (not everyone does), get some idea of what's to come & organize their purchases that way. I am for everyone benefiting and not just a select few "power users/XOCers". :rolleyes:

I just see people trying to maintain their superiority by making sure they get to play with stuff ahead of time & they share it with their chosen friends.

I don't think they'll go that far, if they do, well screw em. They are only gonna hurt themselves if they are not willing to provide CPUs even to Mobo makers. I will bench AMD, I don't care.

It really just boils down to being a man of your word. If you signed an NDA you should follow it, it's that simple.

If you didn't sign one and you choose to leak that's your choice but in reality you are just going to get your contact in some sort trouble/headache.

Is that worth a click bait article? To some of these "news" sites it most surely is which is why I never click on that cancer in fact I feel this is the best way to voice your opinion, by denying them the one thing they get paid on. . . views for ad revenue.

It has nothing to do with maintaining superiority, it's a legally binding contract and I don't know about you but I would prefer to not have to deal with any litigation over my hobby.

It honestly just sounds like your a little butt hurt you don't have a prelaunch CPU source because believe me if you were on the other side of the fence I'm sure you opinion about leaking NDA information would be completely different but hey I could be wrong.

Also people want to slam Intel and throw them under the bus for everything but if you guys had any idea how much they do for over clocking that you guys just take for granted you would be shocked, but it's just so much easier to just complain instead.

Indeed, if Intel truly cared they do something like when employees were selling ES CPUs.

If Intel drictly loses a lot of money directly from a beach of the NDA they're go after the the people that broke it. Remember it costs money to take someone to court. And more money to take a company to court. Why spent thousands to go after someone to took 100s$? If you get what I'm saying?

The logic in this thread is mind numbingly short sighted and hilarious. Are you kidding why don't you walk into a Walmart and push out a giant Cart of goods for free because why not they make billions a year right what's $500?

@K404 Intel doesn't send places like toms samples pre launch they acquire them through motherboard vendors etc.

How do you know that those people / websites have actually signed an NDA? It's just your assumption.

If they didn't, they should be free to publish whatever they want, whenever they want.

I didn't sign any NDA and posted information on Kaby Lake in public months ago. Please shame and sue me.

@K404 Intel doesn't send places like toms samples pre launch they acquire them through motherboard vendors etc.

A very "neat" gray area :( If the NDA is attached to the mobo, then CPU details can be released, depending on wording of NDA.

The last NDA I signed was well worded. I wasn't allowed to discuss anything until expiry. I think I could have put a 7800GT in the machine and I couldn't have talked about it :P

How do you know that those people / websites have actually signed an NDA? It's just your assumption.

If they didn't, they should be free to publish whatever they want, whenever they want.

I didn't sign any NDA and posted information on Kaby Lake in public months ago. Please shame and sue me.

So if I sign an NDA and my dog writes the review I can post it?

The place where you got the sample from is the one breaking the NDA obviously. I'm sure there are clauses that blanket the distributor and the knowing party as everyone says billion dollar company has lawyers for this type of thing.

Added to the list thanks

If you signed the NDA or not is irrelevant. The effects are longer term/next generation. Lets say Intel starts tracking their ES properly. As Splave mentioned this would hamper development and give very limited options for partners to work with 3rd parties. Ironically media sites would be hit very hard, only those with direct connections to Intel would be able to have content at launch.

The leaks lately are insane, everything is out there. Full reviews and performance of the full Kaby lineup. Every bit of information on Zen. Even X299 is leaked.

Are the leaks really that much more insane than in the past?

Considering the wide availability of KBL (and careless attitudes), I'm surprised there are not more leaks.

As for AMD, I think they had to deal with the wildest leak I've seen in a looong time. That's internal briefing type of information. All things considered, I'm sure AMD is pretty happy about all the leaks and speculation. It's in their best interest that people think something interesting is coming and hold off their purchase till then. The same applies to Intel, actually.

But bottom line is: NDA = NDA, simple as that.

Some leaks are not "leaks"

I have been allowed in the past to show early with permission.

As a site owner I would see other sites leak and feel the same way Allen does wondering why the manufacturer doesn't take action. The answer is they do. For a few, sampling was terminated, at least one made monetary reimbursement when product was not returned (not me), and absolutely nothing be done with constant abuse (coolaler).

John Lam snuck into an event and took pictures then posted them violating an embargo on that product. He was black listed by Asus to attend the events happening, we watched as he was told to leave. I am sure Asus has not forgotten this. I use this example as he is an known overclocker and his actions had instant results.

Freecableguy broke NDA with Intel, XS had an event that he attended and was denied entry into JF3.

Allen speaking up might prevent others

It really just boils down to being a man of your word. If you signed an NDA you should follow it, it's that simple.

I have no problem with this. Neither do I encourage breaking NDA. Issue is the people trying to act holier than others and trying to enforce NDA like they are Intel or something. Its Intel's contract, if they want it enforced, they can do it themselves. Intel wants to sue people, they can do it, no one is stopping them. You think Intel doesn't know who leaked the stuff. You think they don't have some department which handles this and tracks the leaks? They do. So all that is being done here, is a show is being put on.

We've got people here telling don't break NDA in public, just do it in private, because you know, that still makes you, "A man of your word". The hypocrisy is hilarious.

It has nothing to do with maintaining superiority, it's a legally binding contract and I don't know about you but I would prefer to not have to deal with any litigation over my hobby.

Only the public leakers are being targeted, no one cares about private ones. How is this not about maintaining superiority.? Because the way I see it, public leakers are gonna anger Intel, they gonna crack down on everyone, to the point of even the private people barely having any info. And that is why they care, don't give me other BS. People just want the heat off their backs by sacrificing others.

It honestly just sounds like your a little butt hurt you don't have a prelaunch CPU source because believe me if you were on the other side of the fence I'm sure you opinion about leaking NDA information would be completely different but hey I could be wrong.

I am not butt hurt, and I have plenty of prelaunch info sources. I just realize that, that information puts me in an advantageous position over the others. And I would like to share that with everyone, if I could without endangering my source, but I can't. So I am all for others who can do it.

Everytime I see an ln2 Binned Skl chip for sale for more than 450-500Euro, I can't help but roll my eyes. I know what I need to know about Kaby, just not worth putting my friends in danger to demonstrate to you that I know.

Also people want to slam Intel and throw them under the bus for everything but if you guys had any idea how much they do for over clocking that you guys just take for granted you would be shocked, but it's just so much easier to just complain instead.

They are not doing it for charity. And don't tell me otherwise unless you have internal Intel financial information that proves that they are doing stuff for Overclocking without profiting off of it.

Allen speaking up might prevent others

Public shaming and threatening to report to Intel seems like a hell of a way to protect people. The people who did the leaking already know what they are messing with. If you wanted to protect them, could’ve been done via PM. They are already on Intel’s radar after the leaks anyway.

The attitude of some guys (in this thread) is truly shocking. Over the years I often had access to hardware prior launch without signing NDA - still I did not post it in public. Do you guys even understand that people in this industry can lose their jobs because of your actions? And I'm not talking about individuals who give out hardware. It's the impact your information can have on the IT market in general.

It's in their best interest that people think something interesting is coming and hold off their purchase till then. The same applies to Intel, actually.

This is actually a huge problem. From a distributor point of view I can see a significant impact from leaks on hardware purchases. Do you think it's good for the IT industry if customers hold off their purchases for months? Especially considering that leaks often don't reflect the actual performance or hardware details so potential customers get a wrong impression of what might come up in future.

It's very shortsighted from all pages who leak this kind of info to think this would be beneficial. For sure you will have your clickbait hype for a day but in the end you burn yourself if you play with fire. I can only hope that these people don't get support anymore in future. You can be sure that I use my contacts to spread out who to trust and who not to.

Talking in private with other overclockers - fine. Posting full reviews in public with performance numbers - nogo

The fact that Intel is very sloppy when it comes to NDA doesn't mean that it's the right thing to share everything in public. However, it's still Intels problem and if they want to pretend these leaks they have to take care of where they ship their CPUs prior launch and maybe start punishing ppl who break NDA.

Edited by der8auer