HWBOT Community Forums

Kaby NDA breaking shame thread

Splave

You guys just aren't getting it. The first people that will pm why this feature isn't working right or why doesn't this RTL work or how come the mem is clocking so poorly are the same people championing leakers.

If with full access before launch there are these issues think about if there was no access.

"This Thread Is for me like "some Elite overclocker" are scared to lost their advantage of 99.99% of all other overlockers.

So what? I don't care... loosing their advantage would end up in a fair competition"

I guess it would be better if things were not tested before hand? I think that would probably not go well

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is like a nazi whistle blowing his neighbor and former friend for a meal voucher.

and massman your last sentence is like the world is ticking so nothing new but only the small ones get judged.

Edited by basco

So we're trying to control or influence media now? Seems a little north korean to me. It is the medias job to publish information without regard of what big companies, governments etc think of it.

And intel pursuing nda breakers? May be true to some extent but they cant go after media. Most countries have laws that prohibit even asking for the source of any news article, much less investigate.

I also doubt the repercussions for vendors. It's not like intel hands out ES just to be nice. It's of course a win win situation. People want asus, gigabyte etc MB:s and intel don't want their product to malfunction due to bad MB:s.

If there is an issue it's most likely that both intel and vendors hand out ES too carelessly. One thing I noticed at skylake launch was the number of "inactive" OCers who had access to ES. If you are a more or less retired overclocker do you really care about vendor relations?

It is what it is and it's the time of wikileaks etc now. Harder to keep a secret... And I doubt posting on hwbot will change the world.

As @FUGGER mentioned, sometimes there's a leak with permission by the vendor. In that case it's to build up hype.

Yep, happened lot of times, I'm reviewer and we made some previews of unreleased hardware cause the brand asked us to do it. Actually we do it with each new gen of motherboards since z87 launch.

Don't know if this is the case but it's a possibility.

• Crew

I have had Kaby sitting on my desk for over a month now and I for one wouldn't dream of leaking ANY information, even stuff openly out there because I respect documents/agreements I sign...

Those breaking NDA's willy nilly aren't doing it for the consumers, they are doing it for cheap spikes in traffic - It makes a mockery of things tbh

this thread should be erased-deleted!

i dont understand that hwbot is giving place for this behavior.

next time i dont like something about splave or others i make a shame thread???

nothing against you splave exept of this thread.

this is just a opinion of splave that he does not like the leaking but this a hardware forum not a i give my whatever i dont like opinion forum.

am i really alone with my thinking? if yes i will leave hwbot and you dont have to put me on ignore list.

• Crew
this thread should be erased-deleted!

I don't understand that hwbot is giving place for this behaviour.

next time I don't like something about splave or others i make a shame thread???

nothing against you splave exept of this thread.

this is just a opinion of splave that he does not like the leaking but this a hardware forum not a i give my whatever i dont like opinion forum.

am i really alone with my thinking? if yes i will leave hwbot and you don't have to put me on ignore list.

Ok, look at it from my way.

Everyone in the media industry signs an NDA before obtaining one of these samples. So there is a set day/time for reviews to go live. Obviously, media is a competitive business, so is it fair for someone to jump the gun over a month before the NDA lifts to gain cheap views, thus making it pointless for most others who work hard to lose out?

Sounds a little petty when I say it like that, but it's how I feel. Why should we all adhere to a stringent document, when someone just jumps the gun anyway.

I know FOR A FACT how many Intel samples there are for media in the UK and even big sites are struggling/relying on other vendors for samples.

Things like breaking strict NDA's continue to hurt things and looking at it from an XOC point of view, if they see our community as a liability, how long will it be before they stop supporting it when they can't trust us?

It's bigger than your opinion, my opinion, or anyone else's opinion. It is a problem regardless of what you think and it would be ignorant to ignore it.

If EVERYONE broke the rules, there would be carnage, a free for all and nothing would really matter. Breaking NDA is essentially cheating if you're using it for an advantageous purpose. There is no reason to break it as the CPU's/mobos aren't on sale yet, so it's not like people won't know the performance before they go out and buy them.

Just my 2p

NDA no need when you cal legally buy one from shop

INTEL Core I7-7700K 4x 4,20GHz Boxed Sockel 1151 Kaby Lake Hardwarecamp24

The CPUs are actually available, some people already got theirs.

Can someone please explain how this is possible, when they aren't even released by Intel yet?

Is this legitimate or is there something dodgy going on ?

Edited by Wraith