HWBOT Community Forums

Kaby NDA breaking shame thread

Splave

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Crew
As far as I'm aware Intel said that the CPU's show ware not provided by them so they cant/wont do anything about it. But that's just what I heard... But still that's a pretty bunnyextraction thing to do.

Well they were provided by them, they just weren't distributed out to the NDA breaking media from Intel.

As long as it doesn't have a negative impact on future sampling for media, I'm starting to accept it a bit more.

From the media guys I have been speaking to in the UK (we got samples from other sources), I seem to be one who actually has signed Intel's NDA as a lot of them haven't.

Maybe that's the issue, either way...When I sign something or something does have an NDA and it's unsigned, I still adhere to it; signature or not. :D

• Administrators

I was proud owner of 7600k retail and tested on z170 - I saw no reason to post 100 scores all over fb, it is not bc of nda or fear of Intel, it is bc I know that lots of good reviewers signed nda and I kill their success when I leak too much stuff, I posted 2 screes for proof of life when I sold, that´s enough. Will not judge this whole topic, but I am a bit sad for guys who invested lots of work at reviews, now are sitting on results and have to watch others show off

• Crew
I was proud owner of 7600k retail and tested on z170 - I saw no reason to post 100 scores all over fb, it is not bc of nda or fear of Intel, it is bc I know that lots of good reviewers signed nda and I kill their success when I leak too much stuff, I posted 2 screes for proof of life when I sold, that´s enough. Will not judge this whole topic, but I am a bit sad for guys who invested lots of work at reviews, now are sitting on results and have to watch others show off

^^^ THIS! And you know what Websmile, I really appreciate what you have done, seriously!

Sitting on results I want to share, but can't...oh well, at least there is Ryzen to look forward too :D

• Administrators

It is a weird situation, I will not point the finger on guys who post, they paid money for cpu and bought officially. I guess we will have to live with this, life is not always fair (when I look at official reviewers). Everyone can decide this himself :)

• Crew
It is a weird situation, I will not point the finger on guys who post, they paid money for cpu and bought officially. I guess we will have to live with this, life is not always fair (when I look at official reviewers). Everyone can decide this himself :)

I had a retail i7 7700k for a while, way before I signed Intel's NDA...but I still wouldn't have dreamed of leaking! Eteknix was a protest vote at Intel's sampling policy with Kabylake, not sure how many others were...but when the owner of Eteknix posts on his FB page "Fuck you Intel" with a link to a Kaby review - It's not for nothing :D

Yes, of course it's disrespectful to actually use something you buy from a store. What was I thinking...

C'mon you can buy from a store but you know what are you doing.

Really you can't understand we potentially will pay the price some day in the future for this leaks?

Yes, of course it's disrespectful to actually use something you buy from a store. What was I thinking...

Maybe put shop that sell Kaby Lake already on banlist or report them to Intel with your connections instead of blaming users ? Let's not pretend to be Virgin Mary when there is a horse-size dildo under the bed....

I agree with both - in such case store is to blame, not the user. Buying CPU from official shop with an invoice can't be treated as breaking NDA by buyer/user.