HWBOT Community Forums

Splave - Core i7 7700K @ 6986MHz - 4min 20sec 250ms SuperPi - 32M

It's looks pretty retail to me per cpuz, so I would say it's about as retail as it can be since it is lacking the letters "ES" in cpuz.

ap4z3ql.gif

3eue6GG.gif

Yes it says retail in CPUZ, but no retailer in USA has broken the NDA publicly, which means this chip has to be acquired through someone breaking the NDA behind the scenes or it has came from a board manufacturer, who would still be breaking the NDA by giving him the chip.

Point being, even though the chip says retail, the methods of acquiring it would be backhanded at best and different from the people buying it from webshops in Germany. Which means you guys end up being the same thing you set out to denounce. Ironic.....

3eue6GG.gif

Yes it says retail in CPUZ, but no retailer in USA has broken the NDA publicly, which means this chip has to be acquired through someone breaking the NDA behind the scenes or it has came from a board manufacturer, who would still be breaking the NDA by giving him the chip.

Point being, even though the chip says retail, the methods of acquiring it would be backhanded at best and different from the people buying it from webshops in Germany. Which means you guys end up being the same thing you set out to denounce. Ironic.....

yHXLuQ4.gif

Irony? You want to speak about irony, first you were all for anyone and everyone breaking NDA to post results; now that results get posted (which do not break NDA) your against it? Can't have it both ways. And what does it matter how one acquires a retail sample whether it be a web shop in Germany or a brick and mortar store in the US?

I am glad that you have accurate knowledge of every retailers stock in the US, but Microcenter has had cpu's for a while now just fyi and you would be surprised what slipping a floor associate a $100 bill can do for you ;) Just gotta grease the wheels some times to get the ball rolling.

Also when it comes from the horse's mouth (Intel) that ANY retail + Z170 result is good to post then why not? I mean isn't that what you guys all want to see Kaby results? Aren't you tired of seeing mediocre AIO review website results? I am sure you would like to see LN2 results would you not? The only thing they care about is no ES results and no Z270 with either ES or retail. I agree that this is a weird circumstance regarding the launch of a new product but it is what it is.

I have a retail cpu but have not had the time to bench it, and all my extra spicy scores will get posted when the time is right.

I denounce no one btw, if you choose to break the NDA you signed you will have to deal with the repercussion's, not me.

This is how it feels to be dancop ? I think I'd rather be third place with a community like this lol

More money more problems, awesome WR ! Didn't think we'd be seeing 420's for another month. As a community we should be celebrating that we don't have another Devils Canyon on our hands. KBL is the best thing that's happened for us since I became interested in XOC almost 4 years ago, and instead of bringing us together and tightening the community like it should it's tearing us apart. If we truly want to grow as a community we need to focus on our common interest and enjoy this time. Just think about what possible supporters are seeing if they stumble upon our community. Hope everyone has a fantastic Christmas and Happy Holidays !