HWBOT Community Forums

Xtu assistance

I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction .

XTU is garbage for me. Can't seem to get a decent score.

My best score was this run

Ozzfest05`s XTU score: 1646 marks with a Core i7 6700K

I've tried fresh install on win 7 and two fresh installs on win 10,

I do all the updates install chipset and intel management engine.

Strip down processes, power plan high performance.

Set max mem and reboot.

Do all ram timings running at 3733 12-12-12-28 220 1T

I went through Bdie tweaking guide and set all settings, the only settings I cant set are the iol's.

I open turbov core set my overclock check CPUz and open xtu. Kill processes and explorer then run.

What am I missing I see 4.4 ghz subs with crap ram and looks to be 24/7 os beating my 4.9 tweaked . Also the run posted above I can't replicate even on 10.

Able to run cinebench, wprime 1024 , gpupi1b , all are stable. I've tried starting ram at 3000 and overclock at 4.4 and work everything up but scores are lower and appear to be scaling to my ram and CPU???

Also I can run xtu and get a score of say 1600. Then run again and get 1480.

Edited by Ozzfest05

When I get home I will run xtu and post my timings in a screenshot.

But in the mean time I copied these timings from the secret to 742.

For 6320. My 6320 got like 718 lol.

Attached our the current timings I'm using minus rtl and iol

Edited by Ozzfest05

Stripping down processes netted me maybe 50 more. But my scoring is eradic .

In my original post I posted my best score with this setup. It was on windows 7 but it is still my best score .

It was at 4.9 and my cache was 4.9.

I've tried mem at 3866 but didn't get any gains .

I always have a matching core cache ratio in my runs. 4.5 core and 4.5 cache I can't break 1500

Try a fresh win 10 install without updating and without disabled services.

How much vdimm did you use?

1.8v (gives me some wiggle room for base clock adj inside os)

Vvcio 1.2

Vccsa 1.2

Vtt 0.80

I will install windows 10 32 tonight . Install intel components and run.

I will run stock ram with CPU at 4.7 cache 4.7. The. Run with ram set

Edited by Ozzfest05

Best I can tell you can also increase your score by finding the lowest voltages and coolest temps possible. I have pretty much matched my score on my 6600k stock but undervolted to just over 1volt vs overclocked to 4.7ghz. I started tweaking my ram and managed to pull out a little more, but still haven't managed to break 1300 yet. This is one of the most frustrating benches I have ever ran. Not only can I not figure out what really seems to improve the score other than low memory usage and faster memory timings, but I cant manage to get it to finish a bench when pushing a higher overclock. It locks the computer instantly.

Hpet didn't do anything . Disabled through cmd and in device manager. Couldn't find anything in the bios

Your score is a bit low because of your memory timings and your Windows needing to also be streamlined, by not running unnecessary services and programs etc.

Download the Asrock Timing Configurator and post up a screenshot with it showing all your timings and we can then help you with what could need improving.

Just to give you a comparison, this a XTU run I did with my 6700K at 4.8ghz core and 4.7ghz cache, with memory at 3733mhz. As you can see it is running 0.1ghz less than your cpu, yet the score is a lot higher and that is all in the memory timings and streamlining of Windows.

Your score is a bit low because of your memory timings and your Windows needing to also be streamlined, by not running unnecessary services and programs etc.

Download the Asrock Timing Configurator and post up a screenshot with it showing all your timings and we can then help you with what could need improving.

Just to give you a comparison, this a XTU run I did with my 6700K at 4.8ghz core and 4.7ghz cache, with memory at 3733mhz. As you can see it is running 0.1ghz less than your cpu, yet the score is a lot higher and that is all in the memory timings and streamlining of Windows.

I'm running the same timings as you are my friend.

And I have cut processes in windows . I have trimmed her down .

Also I posted up a screenshot already with timing calc open

Edited by Ozzfest05

I'm running the same timings as you are my friend.

And I have cut processes in windows . I have trimmed her down .

Also I posted up a screenshot already with timing calc open

You are running the same primaries as I am, but it is your secondaries, tertiaries and RTL's and IOL's that are not the same as mine and that is what makes all the difference in XTU.

I cannot see your RTL's and IOL's in your screenshot. The Asrock Timing Configurator shows everything on the one screen, which is why I suggested if you could post a screenshot with it.

Without seeing a list of your services that are running, it is hard to tell how much you have streamlined Windows, but from comparing your score to mine and that fact that you are at 4.9ghz and I'm at 4.8ghz and you are 64 points behind, does indicate that you are not running as efficiently as possible.

Edited by tknight

You are running the same primaries as I am, but it is your secondaries, tertiaries and RTL's and IOL's that are not the same as mine and that is what makes all the difference in XTU.

I cannot see your RTL's and IOL's in your screenshot. The Asrock Timing Configurator shows everything on the one screen, which is why I suggested if you could post a screenshot with it.

Without seeing a list of your services that are running, it is hard to tell how much you have streamlined Windows, but from comparing your score to mine and that fact that you are at 4.9ghz and I'm at 4.8ghz and you are 64 points behind, does indicate that you are not running as efficiently as possible.

I was having trouble setting rtl and iol .

I was having trouble setting rtl and iol .

Your RTL's and IOL's have been trained badly and need to be retrained.

Set your RTL's and IOL's to AUTO and then change the timings that I have written in red on the screenshot and leave the other timings to what you already have them set at and reboot and it should train up perfectly.

Be sure to also leave Write to Read Delay in your secondaries - tWTR_L and tWTR_S as AUTO.

Your RTL/IOL's should train up to either 49-50-7-4 or 49-50-6-4.

Then run XTU and see what score you get.