HWBOT Community Forums

KabyLake initial testing/batch

Ehh.. Not that far off.

Depends on how hard he went on the Cold bug volts. Not at -120, but somewhere between -110 to -100C, with the ln2 volts & 1.6Vcore, you can definitely hit early positives.

-60C 1.6V, you definitely hit positives & this is without the Cold bug volts on. With those on, you'd be in 20s to 30s.

Kaby is very hot. I am not the best at mounting, but this has been a consistent experience for me & for some other people I have spoken to. I'll give it a 5C variation for someone who's exceptionally good at mounting.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

With ln2 volts,meaning termination voltage and pll bandwith pretty high yes,you can hit positive at -60,but hit positives at -120 i think it's a problem at 1.6V. From what i know oc formula misses some voltage option compared to MOCF so maybe Infrared will test and find his issue :)

Guest Sinebrychof
Vid ?

I see only gems for water :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VID is for some reason same for every cpu on my mocf, 1.184 - 1.2v so i dont think this is comparable VID.

With ln2 volts,meaning termination voltage and pll bandwith pretty high yes,you can hit positive at -60

You can hit positives even with those volts on Auto & just Vcore 1.6, clocks 5.5/5.0 ish, -60C pot. Don't believe me? Try it. ;)

Agreed with the rest of your post tho. :)

Edited by rtsurfer

I always pre-heat the pot to about 50 before applying tim.

Then mount, cool down, start the system.

And I always start running benchmarks at say -90, then gradually decrease temp and check if it scales. Didn't go full pot at once.

Today after first attempt I tried heating to 70 as Allen suggested, then cool down again, start the system, but still the same.

The CPU was very hot with stock tim before delid. I could not do much more than 5.1G CB15 because of temps. After delidding the temps seem ok.

Maybe I just need to try on MOCF with CB Killer volts. Will try to get one soon.

PS: Or it just doesn't scale under cold, as someone said about L643 batch.

You shouldn't start running benches at -90c to check anything if planning on going full pot after. That was one of my problems when having a lot of cracks.

Straight to full pot and run?

I have been pouring down to like -175 while adjusting voltages in bios so can handle -175, then booting and starting bench at like 6ghz and then pouring to full pot, then after that adjusting to the multi you want and should be able to do max multi.

Not saying this is perfect method but worked for me, nacho gave me a lot of good suggestions, and dancops post helped me a lot. I used to fool around at low temps while keeping load on cpu while pouring down, that was bad idea for skylake.

I have been pouring down to like -175 while adjusting voltages in bios so can handle -175, then booting and starting bench at like 6ghz and then pouring to full pot, then after that adjusting to the multi you want and should be able to do max multi.

Not saying this is perfect method but worked for me, nacho gave me a lot of good suggestions, and dancops post helped me a lot. I used to fool around at low temps while keeping load on cpu while pouring down, that was bad idea for skylake.

What you used to do is what i have been doing and getting cracks/issues, starting loading at around -100c and keep running till full pot, at 6.6ghz almost guaranteed crack! Going to try your method next time once i have apex, thank you. ;)

ya they got some fresh 7350k's last night, batch L647, hopefully I find a nice one.

Your cpu looks really promising, especially before delid.

when I have done that.. I call MC ahead of time and see if they have the batch#s. Their DYI sales folks have no problem with that.

I was hoping this thread would have a listing/table of the subbed batches and results.

Wooow, I have exact same batch (L639F977) but 1,216v 5.0/4.5 and 1.264v 5.1/4.5 :(

What temps are you getting?

that's still daaum good for these early production runs. probably comes down to wafer cut.

This chip really needs to be delidded. At 53/45 r15 is approaching 80C on the package and one core. Cooling is ambient water. Tho, it's just too easy to run 5.2/4.8 and be lazy. :-)

I agree with SI, start benching straight at full pot is better, even if only 1.6v vcore, less cracking possibilities. Almost all Skylake/Kaby Lake can run fullpot. Even if you do to many go up and down temp hotter than -135C you have possibilities to crack.

batch L639F977, MOCF bios p7.40. LLC1

5.0/4.5 @ 1.152V

5.2/4.5 @ 1.232V

5.3/4.5 @ 1.296V (1.3V in bios)

Don't want to run higher until it gets the top popped.

Can you supply us with the vid shown in offset mode ?

When you put the voltage in offset it will show you a default voltage in bios,that one is Vid.

Just reset cmos and put offset,and read the value :).

1.152V in bios. this value is the same whether using offset or Default settings (Auto). :thumb:

I'm new to overclocking, but would like to add some data to this thread.

Batch L640 (NewEgg)

Maximus IX Code (BIOS 0701)

Custom Watercooled, Open Case

Only 3 changes made in BIOS: Set to 50, LLC Level 5, and Manual Mode Voltage

5.0 @ 1.20 = Windows 10 wouldn't boot up

5.0 @ 1.23 = CineBench R15 crashed

5.0 @ 1.24 = CineBench passed with Max Temp 63c (RealTemp)

Didn't hit the lottery, but I guess it could've been worse. Any pointers will be appreciated. :)