HWBOT Community Forums

Old School is Best School Season 3 Round 2 Discussion

websmile

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see miracles happening in some RealBench Multithreading scores.

I hope this miracles are legit.

I've been experimenting. I can tell you right now that some of these miracles are not legit. Problem will be, as always, proving it. Asus's own tweak list for this bench is not legal for HWB under the current HWB rules.

IMO, Realbench is very flawed and should not be given points under any circumstance. It's PCM05 II.

Edited by Mr.Scott

I've been experimenting....

I've done some work too Scotty.

Tell me your opinion about asking the participants , to show the whole (and more maximized ... and not screenshot cut) window of the log output , as a beggining.

Any other thoughts are welcome.

./

Rule reminder

Disallowed tweaks/cheats

Altering benchmark files or the rendering

Any software or human interaction altering the perceived speed of the benchmark program, tricking it to believe it ran faster

Edited by TASOS

I've been experimenting. I can tell you right now that some of these miracles are not legit. Problem will be, as always, proving it. Asus's own tweak list for this bench is not legal for HWB under the current HWB rules.

IMO, Realbench is very flawed and should not be given points under any circumstance. It's PCM05 II.

Yea this boosted "heavy multitasking" really have got me wondering as well as the boost there is worth some 1000+ higher total score

I've had one test run where Encoding & Heavy Multitasking were both over 18000 on a fresh OS install (about the 3rd or 4th). Had some

BIOS problems and it will not reproduce at present. I'm guessing it wasn't tested for 939 platforms so could have a hiccup or two or our systems maybe a little tried after all the runs on them.

After this is over would be interesting to know what was used to kick up the scores.

Never have liked the bench that much, dislike advertisements although the newer one is better than the first.

I've done some work too Scotty.

Tell me your opinion about asking the participants , to show the whole (and more maximized ... and not screenshot cut) window of the log output , as a beggining.

Any other thoughts are welcome.

./

Rule reminder

Rule reminder tells me that we are on the same page my friend. ;)

The tweak is not all that complicated... it's basic priority stuff :D Just think about XTU and you'll find the tweak... I can assure that all files are 100% stock :)

And yes Realbench is a crap benchmark, just like XTU and PCM imo...

Edited by TAGG

The tweak is not all that complicated... it's basic priority stuff :D Just think about XTU and you'll find the tweak... I can assure that all files are 100% stock :)

And yes Realbench is a crap benchmark, just like XTU and PCM imo...

Changing resolution changes the rendering also. No files involved, and no way to prove that it was changed.

• Administrators

When Frank suggested the benchmark to be used we had more or less a promise it would be reworked because we found tons of holes in it especially at realbench challenge - nothing happened, one of the rare occasions hwbot is not to blame...

When Frank suggested the benchmark to be used we had more or less a promise it would be reworked because we found tons of holes in it especially at realbench challenge - nothing happened, one of the rare occasions hwbot is not to blame...

So we are free to abuse the "heavy multitasking" score? Or should I focus on geting a legit run as the abusing scores will be deleted?

• Administrators

This is a good question, wanted to post anyway - you all can tweak the heavy mt for this contest as we now have already a lot of subs with this, I want same chances for all and easy work for me, if I see some "tweaks" at test 1 or 2, I will block because on these there is not even a grey zone. On test 4, I will accept certain limits bc there are several ways to boost this

• Administrators

For me there is, a big red button on top that says "open for submissions" and when you move the cursor to it, it says "submit" - can you make a screenshot of your eocsports stage page for oldschool ? We also have plenty of submissions already, so it might be a bug of your rig or browser...

Have to be online for real bench? Crap my system does better with the Nic off. :( I already only have only 1gb of ram to use.

Anyway I'm finding out that the damage to my motherboard includes some dead PCI-e lanes. Stuck a 8x and cant use 16x pcie speeds. I'm going to get reamed here. :eek:

But hay I did find one of my gx2's can do 700mhz core and 800mhz memory on stock voltage and hardly even artifacts. So maybe I will not come in last :P Got to love broken parts.

My other gx2 is covered in rust, yes rust. Its amazing I can even get a score with my parts.

Anyway this is looking like a pretty cool round, can't wait to see the last of the subs that tend to come in at the last moments.

I made the mistake of getting 2 GX2's when I saw the rules on multi GPU's only to find 3D Mark Ice Storm hates Crossfire. Took a while to get them working in 4 way as well, then I saw the score :-(