HWBOT Community Forums

Old School is Best School Season 3 Round 2 Discussion

websmile

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have problem with gpuz and 7900 gtx, when i open gpuz my vga make artifact and i do restart.

Can I post with a different vga program?

Try with a different version of GPUz, 1.16 worked for me this time, but I have had problems with old nvidia GPUs before and 0.82 is the last version that "always" works even on old cards with all drivers I have tested.

Try with a different version of GPUz, 1.16 worked for me this time, but I have had problems with old nvidia GPUs before and 0.82 is the last version that "always" works even on old cards with all drivers I have tested.

thanks man, 0.82 work fine

What am i doing wrong here ?

or is it a database problem ?

My result doesnt show up in the competition rankings

and in hardware rankings it shows as a 2X cpu.

I submitted twice

TASOS`s Cinebench - R11.5 score: 0.82 points with a Opteron 154 (San Diego, s939)

TASOS`s Cinebench - R11.5 score: 0.82 points with a Opteron 154 (San Diego, s939)

What am i doing wrong here ?

or is it a database problem ?

My result doesnt show up in the competition rankings

and in hardware rankings it shows as a 2X cpu.

I submitted twice

What's model cpu cooling use?

It was a pleasure to bench with s939 ! I haven't benched ANYTHING AT ALL since last year's old school , but zafiropo persuaded me to try and have some fun ! :)

There are some very nice & efficient runs there ! Congratulations to all the participants ! I just love to see some respected members & friends of mine still being active and doing fine . :)

Regarding realbench , I also agree it was a bit hard for this platform .

@lanbonden , I don't care at all about the points at all ! I just participated in order to bench with my friend zafiropo . It's an honest truth . :)

So , your runs were more efficient than mine because you had tighter timings . I realized about 2 hours ago . Today I couldn't bench with the 183 divider for some reason , so I tried the lower 166 . After the first run I asked myself ... "Can they also run 1T ?" . At 255+ Mhz they couldn't , but at 233 it was OK .

Michael I am wondering why you removed my Realbench submission when in the Limitations on the competition page there is no mention of what card you have to use.

On the Ice Storm page it specifies that a 7000 series Nvidea GPU has to be used.

I dont see why I cant use a Radeon card for Realbench it doesnt specify a GPU

Taken from the Limitations.

LIMITATIONS

Only use processors using socket 939.

Please attach a picture of your overclocking rig.

Must use official competition background: download

Opteron CPUs allowed

Multi-GPU allowed

It was a fun Stage anyway Congratulations to the Winners and all that participated.

Edited by macsbeach98

• Administrators

Realbench is influenced by vga used, other than cinebench for example, so there was no choice. Maybe we should have stated Geforce 7 as well there, but it says

"In Round 2 of the Old School is Best School contest overclockers are invited to bench on the fondly remembered AMD Socket 939 platform. These CPUs can be coupled with classic GeForce 7 series graphics cards from Nvidia (multi-GPU configurations allowed)."

on same page which should make it clear. Sorry if this caused inconvenience

• Administrators

It was a misunderstanding, I am sure about this, maybe we overrated realbenchs popularity, the benchmark is new to lots of people it seems. It is a mixed bench like pcmark for example, which is why we also ask for GPUZ at verification screenshot because not only cpu but also vga influence final score

Great competition, I love that platform and next time I have to start benching before 3 days to deadline :) I burnt a DFI Ultra-D and ripped off a pin from FX-60 trying to clean burnmarks, but it still works :)

Realbench is OK, but can't it be a bit shorter? 10 mins for encoding test is test for patience. Ice Storm - no idea, I wasted 4 hours trying to get SLI from 7900 GTX working and then I ran it with single GPU on default and moved on.

Couple of excellent results, stellar performance by Stelaras, well done!

I'd love to rebench this with proper preparation, so maybe we do similar round next year?