HWBOT Community Forums

Maximus IX Apex Overclocking Thread

Common on Impact too. Nothing wrong with that.

I know it's old news for you guys.. but this shoulda been fixed.

You might try Fredayama's 2x8 B die 3866 preset and then work your way up.

thanks. the 386 preset works fine... 4000 seem to require a lot more voltage adjs than would be expected.

Thanks guys!

• Administrators

You cannot compare voltage on MOCF in BIOS to Asus boards bc MOCF overvolts memory, 1,85 will be 1,9-1,92v depending on sample. So it is normal that Asus boards need more BIOS voltage for same settings than OCF or MOCF

You cannot compare voltage on MOCF in BIOS to Asus boards bc MOCF overvolts memory, 1,85 will be 1,9-1,92v depending on sample. So it is normal that Asus boards need more BIOS voltage for same settings than OCF or MOCF

Thanks. Yeah, I noticed this on the MOCF in comp to the 2 M8I's here, especially regarding VSA and VCCIO. 1.35V in bios for VSA is well over 1.4V measured with a DMM... at least on my sample. Freaked me out initially. :-0

I know it's nothing big for the folks here, but I was finally able to get 4000c12 "bench stable" on my Apex. Took a bit more voltage tweaking than I thought it would on this sample. Fun to putz around with tho. :-)

Edit: Anyone else notice that when you run higher Vcore multis above 53 (like 1.48 for 5.6) that CPU standby voltage goes thru the roof?? Bios reads it at ~ 1.6V and a DMM off the probit belt conforms. " Auto" Standby voltage is seriously overvolting as soon as I run 1.48V manual override for 5.6GHz. WTH?

Edited by jpmboy

I know it's nothing big for the folks here, but I was finally able to get 4000c12 "bench stable" on my Apex. Took a bit more voltage tweaking than I thought it would on this sample. Fun to putz around with tho. :-)

Edit: Anyone else notice that when you run higher Vcore multis above 53 (like 1.48 for 5.6) that CPU standby voltage goes thru the roof?? Bios reads it at ~ 1.6V and a DMM off the probit belt conforms. " Auto" Standby voltage is seriously overvolting as soon as I run 1.48V manual override for 5.6GHz. WTH?

I noticed this too.

Haven't played a lot with this board due to other problems and lack of time, but I was able to get 4133 12-11-11-28 1T bench stable with my old sticks. The key was DMI voltage. 1.3V seems to work ok for my system, but I haven't really used it a lot so far.

Same observation for standby voltage though.

• Like 1

I noticed this too.

Haven't played a lot with this board due to other problems and lack of time, but I was able to get 4133 12-11-11-28 1T bench stable with my old sticks. The key was DMI voltage. 1.3V seems to work ok for my system, but I haven't really used it a lot so far.

Same observation for standby voltage though.

Yeah, the Standby Voltage rule should only kick in when above 5.2 in LN2 mode... but will when not in LN2 mode. It's a bios issue that needs to be fixed. So far, with clocks as high as 5.6, ST at 1.3V has worked fine (ambient or chilled water cooling). AID64 reports this voltyage rail accurately as "VCC Sustain"

4133 21-11-11-28 is crazy! Thanks, I'll have to play with dmi a bit more.

• Like 1

Yeah, the Standby Voltage rule should only kick in when above 5.2 in LN2 mode... but will when not in LN2 mode. It's a bios issue that needs to be fixed.

That's not what I told you, the current rule does not consider LN2 Mode (not a bug). 1.6V standby is not dangerous for benching, the only reason to change the rule would be to prevent people from freaking out.

That's not what I told you, the current rule does not consider LN2 Mode (not a bug). 1.6V standby is not dangerous for benching, the only reason to change the rule would be to prevent people from freaking out.

okay - just trying to restate what you had in the PM Mar 5, 2017 at 7:55 am (EST). Eg, what you thought it should be, and what it is. I misunderstood. Anyway, my concern was not only about whether it is safe for benching or LN2 applications, but that there are a surprising number of users running 7700Ks at >5.2 with just water cooling. So, maybe this is a better question... is 1.6V ST not dangerous under normal use? (not benching only... yes, there are users out there running >5.2) :-) It's a great board Elmor, if this is a normal and necessary voltage when running a KBL at >5.2GHz benching or not, then we're good and I'll pass that on.

Edited by jpmboy

This board is getting the better of me. With my 4266 sticks 'if' I get into win they're rock solid, can memtest till the cows come home. Booting on the other hand is a nightmare. 2b/55.

Any advice before I grab another board to test?

Are you manually setting the RTL/IOL and what voltages you running.

I find 55 is either of those. I usually see a 55 on retrain when it worked fine, but I didn't lock RTL. Also, when RAM is warm it can struggle on reboot. Sometimes when you get a 55, you can just save settings and reboot and it will boot fine after. 4266 is tough man.

Does it to me on this and same on the Formula.

Try each stick separate,looks like a dead stick , had lots of DOA on ddr4 lately...

I thought that my oldest b die set was dead as well.

Brushing it's teath with Aceton brought them back to life.

Even 2133 crashed before cleaning them and 3600 c16 (stock) was not possible for weeks allready.

• Like 1

I got this Board yesterday. Its running good but i got postcode F3 4000 c12 on mem.

Booting 4133 and 3866 is not a Big Deal but i cant train 4000 c12.

Is there a solution for this issue?

BIOS 0801,0701,0401

Cheers...

Edited by P5ych0

I got this Board yesterday. Its running good but i got postcode 3F at 4000 c12 on mem.

BIOS 0801,0701,0401

Cheers...

Cheers...

I got this Board yesterday. Its running good but i got postcode F3 4000 c12 on mem.

BIOS 0801,0701,0401

Cheers...

I had same thing, maximus tweak 1 helped me get thru 3f and get to windows but then I had trouble getting into windows, so going to try a new imc and some different mem this weekend. I just think my imc or mem couldnt handle it. Hopefully new sticks are better.

I had same thing, maximus tweak 1 helped me get thru 3f and get to windows but then I had trouble getting into windows, so going to try a new imc and some different mem this weekend. I just think my imc or mem couldnt handle it. Hopefully new sticks are better.

Thanks Stephan.....i tried maximus tweak from 2 to auto and it worked with 2t but i get 3F again by going down to 1T

next step...moved to maximus tweak 1...ended up in a bootloop 01 to 03

switching back to 2t...success boot at 4k 12 11

but i can easily train at 4133 c12 12 2.05v and doing some 2D benches...1T or 2 T whatever i want....crazy stuff right here^^