HWBOT Community Forums

Maximus IX Apex Overclocking Thread

I got this Board yesterday. Its running good but i got postcode F3 4000 c12 on mem.

Booting 4133 and 3866 is not a Big Deal but i cant train 4000 c12.

Is there a solution for this issue?

BIOS 0801,0701,0401

Cheers...

Sounds like your RTLs are tuned wrongly. Are you using fixed values?

postcode 00 after allmost every warmboot. this didnt happen with skylake it just startet with my new kabylake. any idea ?

doesnt matter if i do a retry, reset or safeboot. allmost all the time im running in 00. only solution is to cut power and doing a full start.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

does anyone have trouble benching with igp after enabling ln2 mode. When I hit like -40c I lose display when enabling ln2 mode. Is there something I have to be careful with when using igp for benching, for 2d. I remember some igp's dying but cant remember why.

I remember it was high core pll that was killing the igp, and elmors guide says core pll max is 1.6v when using igp. So how do people bench 2d using igp?

Edited by Strong Island

Do any of you have issues with Apex and low scores on xp/xp64 with gen 2 graphic cards in 3Dmark 2001/2003 ?

Compared with z170 and similar settings gt1 is lower and 2001 overall gives lower score.

Any magical settings for legacy ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

@elmor ?

Anyone ?

does anyone have trouble benching with igp after enabling ln2 mode. When I hit like -40c I lose display when enabling ln2 mode. Is there something I have to be careful with when using igp for benching, for 2d. I remember some igp's dying but cant remember why.

I remember it was high core pll that was killing the igp, and elmors guide says core pll max is 1.6v when using igp. So how do people bench 2d using igp?

AFAIK on Z170 you can't benching IGP with LN2 Mode Enabled. Try disabling it ^^

Yes its not possible SI using IGP with LN2 Mode, because LN2 mode will set core pll in not safe range for IGP.

ok cool thanks. I heard it could help with some efficiency on some benches so wanted to give it a try, should have tried on air first. I'm really glad that safety is in place because I probably would have damaged my new cpu.

Edited by Strong Island

i'm just testing a i3-7350k. this chip is okish with vcore for me. can run 5.2 on water and its not getting very hot. after hours im stuck with my b-die. cant get anything usable find which is more than 3600 even with xmp its not booting or unstable.

now i can run 3333 with 12-12-12-28-1-280 but it dosent matter which voltage i use in io/sa/dram it doesnt work. tried 3 diff bdie kits all are usually running fine with 4000 even 24/7 4000 16 is fine but not with that i3. any clue? just potato imc or anything else i can try.

-----

update

checked with 1 dimm 4 different dimms all running 4133 even 4266 single in channel b1. non is running in channel a1.

guess something is fucked up with my apex :(

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Edited by ra773

• 3 weeks later...
Guest nexus35

Hello,

I just purchased an apex, and I can not find any information about the bios present. 0401

Even on the site of asus there is not.

Can you tell me more, ?

And for o.c must i move on to another

thank you

Guest nexus35

Hello,

I just purchased an apex, and I can not find any information about the bios present. 0401

Even on the site of asus there is not.

Can you tell me more, ?

And for o.c must i move on to another

thank you

Tried to install xp.

Did all the steps like add fira and de ahci driver.

But when installing it says it can't copy the firadisk.sys and all the other files.

What am I missing here ?

OEMPreinstall or Floppy support missing. It's in the guide for Maximus VIII.