HWBOT Community Forums

Galax/kfa2 680 HOF

hidethecookies

It should be possible to do a VID mod on the card.

Here's the datasheet for the voltage controller: http://www.infineon.com/dgdl/pb-chl8318.pdf?fileId=5546d462533600a40153567f951a28bd

And here's the VR11.1 spec from intel: http://www.intel.com/Assets/en_US/PDF/designguide/321736.pdf

On page 32 of the VR11.1 spec ou will find the VID table that the CHiL 8318 uses. At least it should be that VID table I'd recommend checking what VID the card uses at stock and what voltage that leads to. If it matches the table then you can go ahead with using that table to do a hard mod on the card.

EDIT: Also I would check what all the pins on the controller pinout are hooked up to. They might be hooked up to the VID pins of the controller and that would make modding a lot easier.

Edited by buildzoid

EDIT: Also I would check what all the pins on the controller pinout are hooked up to. They might be hooked up to the VID pins of the controller and that would make modding a lot easier.

Looks like vid pins 2-5 are part out the connector pin out. I think I need to remove vid 6 resistor to go over 1.21 volts 😈 since its connected to power. The stock vid is 01000010=1.2 volts which is correct measured with dmm. I think I'm gonna do a multi dip switch setup. A vid mod will bypass bios limits right?

Edited by hidethecookies

I've never had an Nvidia card on which I did a vid mod so I have no idea how it will be handled by the BIOS but I think you should be fine.

Well I was waiting for the dip switch to show up and found out the 780 HOF voltage tool works for the 680. The sliders go to 2.3v core and +400mv vram. I only tested to 1.3v core so far on air. The tool is easily found with google. So no mods needed just like my 580 classy that can go to 1.8v with software just wish pll volts could be adjusted like the classy.

Edited by hidethecookies

• 1 month later...

So after some testing with a cheap GPU waterblock I managed 1430mhz or so on 1.35v. The vram for some reason doesn't like more than +100mv but I can get +600mhz OC. I'm just not sure how good those numbers are they are not the max for that voltage I just ran out of time to test further. I want to try more volts since I'm only hitting 43c load temp with one 420mm UT60 rad with 3 EK 140mm FF5 vardars. Just need some advice on Max volts for h2o cooling. I also want to test a few other gpus I have with the same setup 7970 lightning, 7970 matrix, and a 580 classy. Any advice for max volts for them would be helpful too. I will have to use VGA hotwire for the matrix to get more than 1.4v and I have ABX for the lightning.

Edited by hidethecookies