HWBOT Community Forums

bios for msi z97 too unlock non-k cpu´s

dhunt3r55

hi , i have a i5 4590 with mobo msi z97- g43 , and i can´t go higher then 104 blck ,so i´m where too see iff you, guys can halp me with some tips, or bios mod too flash in my mobo.

The mobo is 1 week old :)

thank you all

Non k OC is locked on Z97 (Haswell/Devils Canyon). You are limited to the minor bclk oc that you've already found. If you are looking for points XTU is best/only real option with 4590

EDIT: This should not be in this forum, Elmors lab is for EVC/EVC software support, hard mods and complex Asus OC concerns. Mods feel free to move to Haswell/Devils Canyon OC thread

Edited by GtiJason

Non k OC is locked on Z97 (Haswell/Devils Canyon). You are limited to the minor bclk oc that you've already found. If you are looking for points XTU is best/only real option with 4590

EDIT: This should not be in this forum, Elmors lab is for EVC/EVC software support, hard mods and complex Asus OC concerns. Mods feel free to move to Haswell/Devils Canyon OC thread

Hi,thanks for the tip ,and i will post it the haswell/devils canon OC thread .

XTU points it is .

• Administrators

Bad news, this will not work, GtiJason is 100% correct. The only platform that allows to overclock non K-Cpus since this started with locked cpus is 1151 Z170 with special BIOS. Depending on chip and board on z97 you will get 103-maybe 108 BCLK max, this depends on the chip mostly :(

Bad news, this will not work, GtiJason is 100% correct. The only platform that allows to overclock non K-Cpus since this started with locked cpus is 1151 Z170 with special BIOS. Depending on chip and board on z97 you will get 103-maybe 108 BCLK max, this depends on the chip mostly :(

oh F***k :( , i will have to get another board...