HWBOT Community Forums

Challenger 2017 Div I Round 1 Discussion

MetalRacer

• Administrators

There is tons of room to move, the cards listed are the one excluded, you can use gt730 if you want and it runs time spy :D - seriously, you can use all cards you want except for the big expensive guns we excluded and cards that are not released yet :)

So, I need clarification: the rules say desktop parts only. But, the Clevo high end use desktop i7 quad core CPUs and notebook variants of the 1080 (1080N). Considering the CPU is a desktop and the scores are competitive (over 5GHz benches on 7700Ks), do they qualify for this competition?

"websmile says:

Yes, no 2011 or 2011-3 models of the listed architectures"

It seems somebody didn't read the rules :D

KEDARWOLF - CORE I7 5960X @ 4740MHZ - 2494 MARKS XTU

PROCESSOR:INTEL CORE I7 5960X @ 4740MHZ (+58.00%)

VIDEOCARD:GEFORCE GTX TITAN X @ 1002MHZ (STOCK) / 1753MHZ (STOCK)

MOTHERBOARD:ASUS SABERTOOTH X99

I7-5960x:

https://ark.intel.com/products/82930/Intel-Core-i7-5960X-Processor-Extreme-Edition-20M-Cache-up-to-3_50-GHz

Sockets Supported FCLGA2011-3

• Administrators
So, I need clarification: the rules say desktop parts only. But, the Clevo high end use desktop i7 quad core CPUs and notebook variants of the 1080 (1080N). Considering the CPU is a desktop and the scores are competitive (over 5GHz benches on 7700Ks), do they qualify for this competition?

Yes, it is a standard i7, as long as it is no server hardware it is ok. You will have no advantage anyway because cooling at notebook will be worse than on normal rig

Yes, it is a standard i7, as long as it is no server hardware it is ok. You will have no advantage anyway because cooling at notebook will be worse than on normal rig

Not if you use a 10,000 BTU portable AC under it! ;-)

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

• Administrators

For all divisions that use XTU, please attach a screenshot of your xtu result. I think the sentence must use official background should implement this, sure we follow the hwbot verification rules but when we ask for a background, it should be clear we want a screenshot. Thanks in advance :)

• 3 weeks later...
Don´t use 4k and use paint or tool at normal resolution, file size limit is 2mb. Might also be a problem if your system picture is too big...

In this case usually jpg helps, I had this when submitting PNG screenshots to old school comp, when they were 3 MB in size, jpg cuts it down to 100k and does the job.

• 2 weeks later...