HWBOT Community Forums

Zen SuperPI 32M 5G/4G Challenge

Massman

Thats probably due to using xp 32.

32 7 is also slow.

Xp 64 sucks.

I made a custom xp for team xs long ago for 32m. It was fast. Many are slow. Removing right stuff and not removing wrong stuff always matters with 32m.

Last run cold i was limited to 50x via software. That issue is being solved next run.

Hardware tune > software with ryzen.

There is still room for improvements.

8:21 with 2666 mem speeds is nasty and a necessity for this chip pretuning cold. Just need to retest phase make sure it cooperates then LN2 again. The current records a disgrace. Can not allow it.

Edited by chew*
  • Like 1

Ok, but have I missed something or there are Zen drivers for XP?

Last time I checked it was not supported and I've tried myself, but could not install it, nor run an already installed OS from another platform.

Otherwise I agree about the XP for 32M, the source iso matters as well.

Ok, but have I missed something or there are Zen drivers for XP?

Last time I checked it was not supported and I've tried myself, but could not install it, nor run an already installed OS from another platform.

Otherwise I agree about the XP for 32M, the source iso matters as well.

Sata pci-e card is what's needed and you need to press f5 or f7 when install says press f6 to avoid acpi.sys bsod

And I'm pretty confident it's not the iso because it is what I've used for previous amd 32m

Sata pci-e card is what's needed and you need to press f5 or f7 when install says press f6 to avoid acpi.sys bsod

And I'm pretty confident it's not the iso because it is what I've used for previous amd 32m

Ah, ok, pci-e sata card makes sense, didn't think about that.

It creates complications but works. To many what ifs. What if it does not like high pci for example.

Trust me if it was fast and reliable myself and Zen would be using it.

We have put over 200 hours in learning/tuning Ryzen 32m. Still learning new tricks to this day.

Win 7 is actually not all that bad...i think people just clung to xp never put time in to get 7 running 32m right.

We are also bench partners 2 minds are greater than one.

Boards need an ide mode tbh. A rare qualification Asus Arica has it we know it can be added. They refuse to add it even though i requested it.

I wanted to try 3d01.

Filled another dewar. Try to redeem my crappy 7:58 sub 5 gig time when i get some free time which is rare lately. Also will clock to whatever max of chip is and let one rip now that i worked around my 50x multi limit in k17tk.

I should have been 10 secs faster. Annoyed with myself over that.

Edited by chew*

I was doing some performance scaling testing for another forum other day and nailed a couple results.

Seriously not even trying the goal was not 32m times and we all know Zen and I have much faster runs but what the hell lets toss them up so we can see one of Zens faster runs.

First up Dual Rank. A fast result but not competitive at the top of the chart at least with this chips c14 3200 limit.

Next we have a performance scaling result comparison vs DR I did for a post on another forum at c14 with Single Rank. Lets see 8:14's zen :)

Edited by chew*

Got it down to 8.17.xxx with mem at 3600 12-12-12 without wazza, BUT...

Simple reboot, same settings, nothing changed and boom - 10 seconds slower. And that is much more frequent than sub 8.20.

Maybe something internal is not triggered every time (or almost never) or it is some other sort of bug, still can't figure it out.

Will upload the screenshot in the evening.

• Like 1

Got it down to 8.17.xxx with mem at 3600 12-12-12 without wazza, BUT...

Simple reboot, same settings, nothing changed and boom - 10 seconds slower. And that is much more frequent than sub 8.20.

Maybe something internal is not triggered every time (or almost never) or it is some other sort of bug, still can't figure it out.

Will upload the screenshot in the evening.

I'm pretty much getting the same thing myself although i'm no where near 17s and i'm using the K7

Also if at 17s no wazza you should be looking around 13s with good wazza

• Like 1

8:13s is still slow especially for 3600 12-12-12.

Not knocking anyone just pointing out an observation.

Ryzen can and is faster than 8:13s @ 4.0 with sub 3600.

My run @ 3400 if 12-12-12 would have been 8:12.2 ish and i personally feel the asrock is a touch slower but my Giga boards are still in RMA over a month later......

Glad you guys are figuring it out however.

Ryzen is certainly an odd ball.

Edited by chew*
  • Like 1

Chew, can you load the result at hwbot? U will be first in the Ryzen 4 GHz challenge table :)

I am the ln2 guy. I got the 5 gig covered.

Zens got me beat on air with giga by at least a second i am guessing. My backup beats his backup so i need to post another backup of my backups but his next backup is a backup of his backup that he backed up.

Hell even i am confused now.

• Like 1