HWBOT Community Forums

Zen SuperPI 32M 5G/4G Challenge

Massman

Hwbot doesn't need users like zen, and BeepBeep2 fine a team that actually has members who actively encourage and support each other etc if XS doesn't have that anymore.

I beg to differ george.

Combined effort on mine and zens part to get fast on ryzen.

As far as XS hwbot team. I posted in private section 6 months ago...all i heard was an echo.

Many left the team is "inactive"

I street race and as far as i am concerned this is just another race.

If someone brings there car out to the races then whines complains or makes excuses my response is simple. I brought my car to race.

If your not going to race put that pile of crap back on trailer and go home.

Now you know where i am coming from and my mindset.

Edited by chew*
  • Like 1

• Members
I beg to differ george.

Combined effort on mine and zens part to get fast on ryzen.

As far as XS hwbot team. I posted in private section 6 months ago...all i heard was an echo.

Many left the team is "inactive"

I street race and as far as i am concerned this is just another race.

If someone brings there car out to the races then whines complains or makes excuses my response is simple. I brought my car to race.

If your not going to race put that pile of crap back on trailer and go home.

Now you know where i am coming from and my mindset.

In a purely individual sport I can kind of understand that, but even then that attitude isn't far off just being a bit of a twit in my opinion. Being kind and helpful doesn't cost a lot, if anything.

In this case there is a team element, hence why I suggested BeepBeep2 to go find a team that actually is interested in helping him become better.

There is not really a "team" its gone dust in the wind. So yah to be on an active team would require finding one.

You were fairly way off however as far as zen goes. At least 60% of tweaks shared for team XS in there private area were provided in combination from zen and myself.

We are flying solo and me not posting on the rankings is useless to team as is even more pointing to solo purely hobby for the fun of it.

When people give me crap....it becomes far less fun.

I said I would do this I do what I say.

Slowest performing cpu I have tested in 32m

Slowest board I have

Slowish Bios

Worst memory config possible HYNIX DR

Full auto noob timings......load XMP and rip.

Calculated what I needed bare minimum for 8:49 still over shot it.

GL and HF

• Like 1

Since my Zen platform is no functioning now (I think a metal washer from the cooling block shorted something), I'm gonna play some Llano.

I only hope the 1800X is alive, since it can do DDR4-3800+ tight and has pretty good cores as well, but haven't tested it on LN2 yet.

Llano was like my one of my favorites.

Ton of room left to really show what that platform can do.

I no longer have mine so looking forward to seeing your results.

yah your cpu's imc is a monster or your memory is killer. hope it survived.

I was not blessed with a good imc and I just bought my ram off newegg like everyone else but eh I make do with what cards I am dealt.

• Like 1

I still use barebonet os for spi32m, super nice guy for making it public.

I remember when he started to work on his os,he made like 15 versions,bat files etc but he gave the best one to public. He is a pro oc and a good soul,kudos for him.

We can have different opinions,i respect that !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 2

Llano was like my one of my favorites.

Ton of room left to really show what that platform can do.

I no longer have mine so looking forward to seeing your results.

yah your cpu's imc is a monster or your memory is killer. hope it survived.

I was not blessed with a good imc and I just bought my ram off newegg like everyone else but eh I make do with what cards I am dealt.

About AM4: It's either the cpu or the board, because I've tested the memory and it works on a Intel system. And I sold my other AM4 board, so can't test the cpu.

As for the RAM - I have 3 remaining B-die kits - one FlareX I bought from the store and 2 TridentZ binned by websmile, but my other old TridentZ 3600C17 could do it as well. So it is the IMC, I believe. Seems to be ok on cold too (only tested on chiller though).

Sadly the Llano system doesn't post :(

I haven't touched it the last 5 years, will try to do some contact cleaning.

Really wanted to spend some time on it.

See if i can help out with llano.

Msimax has my "lab" and whatever boards i collected. Im fairly certain there may be a completely unabused nib llano board in the inventory.

I had a ton of fun on that platform and liked the direction AMD was headed.

Ryzen reminds me of it which is what i would liked to have seen the direction go instead of BD and why i am enjoying the platform.

Finally got it (the FM1 board) to post after several tries to force backup bios o reflash main bios.

Managed to do it by shorting GND to #HOLD on the M_BIOS, which basically disables main bios initialization and forces backup bios load, but it didn't work first try.

I've had the same on other Gigabyte boards.

Now off to installing OS and some benching :)

Edited by I.nfraR.ed

Look i will give you a lesson in 32m pi analyze 101.

Lets see

32bit xp

No max mem

Consistent loops but weak finish might have been a weak waza or none at all.

Olive theme

Hmm note strap 1/8 he used that might matter

Bios version

Ddr3 and amd that seems like a flare X will check what ic they are.

High speed seems to trump latency

25x multi will have to check odds versus even.

Total summary looks like there was more in it as it hardly looks like a max tuned run...i can beat this easy.

Crazy run though...its 10 secs faster than the fastest llano @ 4.0 and it was not a tuned run based on evidence found in screenshot.

Btw...that run one guess who did it...and years and years ago...so literally i just analyzed my own run as i would any run i see.

Clearly your run is without wazza.

There goes my result and it could be even faster, although this IMC/MB/CPU combo is on the edge of stability as far as mem goes.

Without wazza I was more than 1sec faster than your system.

Some things worth mentioning in case you wonder:

- This higher divider didn't seem slower than 1:8 and it is needed in my case, because the board starts loosing the disks after 154MHz and doesn't even post at 160. Might be the board, might be the CPU. Subtimings that can't be controlled manually from bios seem to be exactly the same as on 1:8 div.

- CAS7 is possible, but it is not faster than CAS8 at least on this board. tRCD 11 is highly unstable, I think that might have better luck with BBSE, but this board is very picky about memory and I used PSC.

- Overall the current number 1 is much slower and very easy to beat. Not many people bothered to run this platform, though, so this is one of the reasons.

PS: Second image is without wazza, first one is my current best.

Well, this is offtopic, but I don't see many people running 32M on Zen anyway.

Edited by I.nfraR.ed
  • Thanks 1

Nice to see someone finally get llano running fast :D.

I checked my old post related to my run.

I had said LSC and theme only so like i said i was showing possibilities for someone else to take advantage of.

Anyway nice work infra :)

Iirc and i think i mention it in the XS llano thread somewhere around 160 ref clk i was dropping a channel.

Maybe that info will help.

Edited by chew*
  • Like 1

I"m dropping channel roughly at that mem frequency, too. Independant from refclk.

This 1280 was hit or miss, sometimes it boots dual, sometimes single, so I have to turn off and then on until it sees the second channel.

Freezing the CPU might help.

Score could be better for sure and it is not that hard of a platform to figure out, but it was never popular, so not many people benched it. But even without optimizations the current #1 is easy to beat when you dial in everything.

Maybe I should spend some time with LN2, too. This chip is the highest validated on the bot.

Edited by I.nfraR.ed

Cold will help it but voltage not so much.

Should free up the imc for you a little bit to.

3d is where the platform can get tricky with the apu and how to unlock its potential.

I ran a ton of 3d on it.

Pi was just once to see where it stacked up in the LCC category.

Btw I do not think it is to far off topic...imo ryzen shares far more in common with llano than other arch that amd has released.

Edited by chew*

Yeah, NCLK/Infinity Fabric, although I can actually control the NCLK with this bios, but it really depends. On some bioses it was just auto and this divider was bugged, so 1:8 was the way to go ( I assume this is the reason you ran 1:8), however in my case I don't see a performance penalty if everything is set correctly and this higher divider allows me to use much lower refclk, which seems to be the limiting factor on 1:8 with my setup. I was expecting to see some difference between even and odd dividers, but they are really close in terms of performance.

Might play a little bit and mod the bios to unlock some hidden features (if any), which are available on older beta bioses, although they were quite buggy. vNB is limited to 1.33V, while I've seen much higher on older ones, although I try to be gentle with volts, because higher is not always better, especially on APUs.

Not going to run 3D, but I think it is clear to me what is needed to get a high score.

Haven't seen bigger boards though, this one has rather limited bios options. Guess it might be platform specific, have to dig up some old reviews to see.

Well its nice to see someone with the drive to push the hardware even if it lacks the global WR potential.

Keep it up I like what I am seeing.

Many seem to misunderstand me and my intentions.

I merely show possibilities and capabilities and love to see people take it above and beyond.

• 4 months later...