HWBOT Community Forums
Massman

Zen SuperPI 32M 5G/4G Challenge

awesome, looking forward for your LN2 game :). It will be pain with all CBBs and CBs and FCLK clocks, but I believe, u will hit it under 6m :)

Couple of questions for you guys in regards to X370 Hero (Posting here since this seems to be the most active thread in the sub forum)

1) Where did you guys get the 7304 bios. Latest on Asus site is 7201.

2) Does this board still work well when taking Zen2 cold or more advisable to buy the X470-X570 ones.

Trying to save a few bucks here by buying the older board.

10 hours ago, rtsurfer said:

Couple of questions for you guys in regards to X370 Hero (Posting here since this seems to be the most active thread in the sub forum)

2) Does this board still work well when taking Zen2 cold or more advisable to buy the X470-X570 ones.

1) look here: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?112279-X370-X470-AGESA-1003AB-Bioses

2) no comment

• Like 1

17 hours ago, rtsurfer said:

1. See above, but I got it from a friend.

2. I have hopefully a LN2 fill due tomorrow. Will let everyone know once I have had a try. At this stage at -60 on the SS I am in a world of pain though, it's just in that zone of making training a full pain in the ass.

Board is still very capable once you work it all out, only negative is you can't go nuts with A2 PCB DIMMs like the X570 have allowed. My board isn't happy past 4000C12-1t or 2t so running high mem speed and low FCLK for avoiding cold issues isn't possible. 4000C12 with 1000FCLK is stupid slow.

• Like 1

I managed to do fullpot with ram at 2800 C9 1:1,  without LN2 mode, 5630 all core 1.67V (new first place in CB15 for the 3800X), so I think 2933 C9 is going to be possible, also disabling some cores I might be able to make a fast Spi32M run, I’ll try tonight, see if with 5700+ MHz I can break the 6min barrier 

FYI 

Ram 1:1 FCLK CB:

2933 no CB

3000 -180°

3200 -160°

And I had a very nasty CBB at -27°C with the CH7, my guess is the LN2 mode is still broken on this bios (2602) tomorrow I’ll try the new beta to see the difference 

• Like 1

LN2 delivery delayed until Monday now. Hopefully finish work early to play again then.

@Hardware_Numb3rs do you have a 5ghz run saved? would like to compare for scaling between the different setups.

2 hours ago, KaRtA said:

LN2 delivery delayed until Monday now. Hopefully finish work early to play again then.

@Hardware_Numb3rs do you have a 5ghz run saved? would like to compare for scaling between the different setups.

I went directly for the max clock, I have another screen with another core at 5800, but 2 second slower, I didn't try much experiments or efficiency, with the CBB at -27 the LN2 waste was enormous, I think I burned almost 20L and like 5 hours, now there's a new official bios, I will have the CH8 next week to play with, really hope to get rid of the issue.

Had a go last night full out, but efficiency seemed a little off I think. Bad mount didn't help max clock I don't think but close enough.

https://hwbot.org/submission/4221311_

Similar results on cold

No CB @ 1467 FCLK

-180 @ 1500 FCLK

-150 @ 1600 FCLK

-120 @ 1733 FCLK

Reboots required torching to -38 to train and boot again.

Few more little things to try including a better mount but not sure this CPU has the legs. Nearly there though.

• Like 1

The sub 6 is tricky, as going up with the frequency the efficiency get worse, I think we need a 5850+ capable CPU or some OS tweak not yet discovered 🙂 

Once I have my 3900X and the CH8 I’ll try again, in the meantime I want to build Win7 from scratch, but for spi is also difficult to tune, messing too much with the os damage the score.