HWBOT Community Forums

Zen SuperPI 32M 5G/4G Challenge

Massman

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, l0ud_sil3nc3 said:

That's a strong 6c and interesting choice for dram, I've never heard of this company but seems like it clocks quite well.

New batches, I'm watching it on forums and are really better than year or half year ago:). Save money for any XT chip ?

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
2 hours ago, Alex@ro said:

AMD being better clock per clock than intel, surely feels like Athlon4 times. If only they did 7 ghz for single-thread....

AMD now doesn't need 7GHz, I think that sub 5m is definitely possible with a good chip that can do 5.8/5.9GHz, and we've seen 6GHz+ tonight I'll go LN2 and we start setting a bar 

21 hours ago, Hardware_Numb3rs said:

AMD now doesn't need 7GHz, I think that sub 5m is definitely possible with a good chip that can do 5.8/5.9GHz, and we've seen 6GHz+ tonight I'll go LN2 and we start setting a bar 

Well i was saying 7 ghz in order to have a chance at WR :) Great score so far, keep pushing, isn't 4800c14 faster than 3200 c10? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, flanker said:

Maybe a little few second down with Win7?

I tried briefly but it was slower, and the usb driver was crashing the system, I’ll need to work more on that to be sure of the efficiency

4 hours ago, Alex@ro said:

Well i was saying 7 ghz in order to have a chance at WR :) Great score so far, keep pushing, isn't 4800c14 faster than 3200 c10? 

In Zen2 was worse, when you exit 1:1 the latency have a big penalty, and in spi32m latency is everything on Zen, I might try again and with the 5950X.

I think I can get into the 4:40 or even bit better, but for the world record I guess a 6.5 is due 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Can't get W7 installed atm on the current bios, so decided to try out W10 on a completely untweaked os, just boot direct from bios and run to get some baselines for Vermeer. Using a dual rank kit which is a first for me and performance seems pretty strong.

Unfortunately both cpu's cold bug here no matter what fclk so this is all air cooled since no point in wasting juice on this.

5.47.352.PNG

5.47.315.PNG

• Like 1

On 11/25/2020 at 2:43 AM, l0ud_sil3nc3 said:

Can't get W7 installed atm on the current bios, so decided to try out W10 on a completely untweaked os, just boot direct from bios and run to get some baselines for Vermeer. Using a dual rank kit which is a first for me and performance seems pretty strong.

Unfortunately both cpu's cold bug here no matter what fclk so this is all air cooled since no point in wasting juice on this.

5.47.352.PNG

5.47.315.PNG

now AMD is faster than r1 finally. hows the 4 gig clock results loud?

6-53-4.jpg