HWBOT Community Forums

Zen SuperPI 32M 5G/4G Challenge

Massman

PBO settings don't matter when in manual overclock mode.

Turn SMT off, but leave all cores enabled. Disable all unneeded devices in bios

Boot and load windows at whatever all-core multiplier and voltage you can or feel comfortable with., e.g. 4.5GHz, 1.25V.

For voltage, there are 2 "manual" modes, one is the full manual where the boards overrides it and you can only change from BIOS or special tools like TurboV. The other manual mode is AMD Overclocking, which can be changed from ryzen master as well.

When in windows, you need to find which of your 6 cores can do 5GHz and at what voltage one by one.  You may have bad sample and not all cores could do 5GHz. Increase voltage to 1.45V for example and set core #1 (second core) to 5GHz, if it doesn't crash, run superpi with affinity set to that core. If it passes, then you know core #1 is capable of 5GHz.

Clock core #1 back to 4.5 and increase core #2 to 5GHz, perform the same test. Do the same for all 6 cores.

If the system crashes/freezes at some point, then reboot and continue where you left.

You can then test your best cores for minimum voltage as well or if none of the cores can do 5GHz at 1.45V, maybe try 1.5V.

That's the general idea, to find a strong core which can do 5GHz. You don't need all the cores at that frequency, just one of them and set the superpi affinity (from Benchmate context menu) to that core, so it will only run at that thread.

My CPU can run 5GHz on all cores, but cores #1 and #3 are better than the others.

Edited by I.nfraR.ed
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, GTI-R said:

For the time being, boot with 6 cores at about 4.5G / 1.25V on the BIOS and search for an excellent core with TurboV on the OS?
Can TurboV adjust the clock and voltage by limiting the core?

I don't have a new Asus motherboard, but I think it can't. You can use Shamino's "OC TOOL" from the link posted in this thread, it can control cores individually: 

You can also use ZenStates, but I'm at work right now and have no access to my PC at home. Will attach a latest build in the evening.

Keep in mind there's some relation between core frequencies and your other cores will drop to lower frequency when you set 5GHz to a single core, but that's ok for a single-threaded benchmark.

As for the devices, it's always a good idea to disable everything that is not needed, such as LAN, WiFi, Audio, etc. It is not required, though.

• Thanks 2

@I.nfraR.ed Thank you for the new build of Zenstates! Will give it a shot and let you know if I find any bugs. 

I have another question if anyone is willing to weigh in, is Wazza is still useful with Zen3? I tried it using the OCX SpiTweaker and it seemed to produce slower runs if anything? 

• Like 1

On 5/16/2021 at 12:21 AM, GTI-R said:

I don't know how to operate ZenStates

You're only interested in the "Manual OC" section at this point.

Run the app, check the "En" checkbox if it is not, then select desired core index from the dropdown that currently says "All Cores", then select desired multiplier and click Apply.

This should set the multiplier on selected core and you can verify it in cpuz with a right click on the frequency. It should show the desired core running at the selected multiplier. All other cores in the same CCD will drop automatically to some lower frequency.

On 5/10/2021 at 7:42 PM, RonLazer said:

@I.nfraR.ed Thank you for the new build of Zenstates! Will give it a shot and let you know if I find any bugs. 

I have another question if anyone is willing to weigh in, is Wazza is still useful with Zen3? I tried it using the OCX SpiTweaker and it seemed to produce slower runs if anything? 

I could not make wazza work, even on XP with the classic tweaks.

// Edit, I've missed the 32bit libraries in the zip, so here's a new archive with everything included.

ZenStates_2.0.0_debug_20210520.zip

Edited by I.nfraR.ed
  • Thanks 1

On 2021/5/19 at 午後11時19分, I.nfraR.ed said:

この時点では、「手動OC」セクションにのみ関心があります。

アプリを実行し、そうでない場合は[En]チェックボックスをオンにし、現在[All Cores]と表示されているドロップダウンから目的のコアインデックスを選択し、目的の乗数を選択して[Apply]をクリックします。

これにより、選択したコアに乗数が設定され、周波数を右クリックしてcpuzで確認できます。選択したマルチプライヤで実行されている目的のコアが表示されます。同じCCD内の他のすべてのコアは、自動的に低い周波数にドロップします。

古典的な調整を加えたXPでも、ワザを機能させることができませんでした。

//編集、zip内の32ビットライブラリを見逃したので、すべてが含まれている新しいアーカイブを次に示します。

ZenStates_2.0.0_debug_20210520.zip 273.37 kB・0ダウンロード

I'm not sure

3 hours ago, I.nfraR.ed said:

I know it's a language barrier, but don't know how to help you and what the problem is.

I know man, I tried tirelessly to help him with pictures and whatnot but I think I might have even set him back a step.
We need to get him with an active Japanese speaking Super Pi OG

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, GtiJason said:

I know man, I tried tirelessly to help him with pictures and whatnot but I think I might have even set him back a step.
We need to get him with an active Japanese speaking Super Pi OG

It may be misleading because it cannot be translated well.
I am full of gratitude to both of you

• 8 months later...