HWBOT Community Forums

ROG Crosshair VI

Thanks for the guide. Been looking for something like this. I'm doing my first OC build with an 1800x, CH6, Noctua NH-D15, G.Skill TridentZ RGB 32GB (May just run 16GB for now). Will check into this thread often and may ask for assistance just to make sure I don't mess anything up.

Awesome thread and thanks for the guide! I've been looking for something like this. I'm doing my first OC build with a Ryzen 1800x, CH6 board, G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3600 32GB (May use 16GB for now), and Noctua NH-D15. I'm sure I may ask for help getting best results since this is my first OC build.

Hi,

Thanks for the guide and geekbench result, that's nice.

I probably do something wrong, but I'm stuck at 110 BCLK, any advice ?

3200 MEM x 100 boot easily

2400 MEM x 110 boot easily

but I can't boot higher than 110 -> reboot for ever (loop). I tried 111 112 115 120 135

CPU ratio is low enough to be safe

bios 5704

mouse/KB plug on CPU USB

PCI-E gen2

Dram V 1.4 to 1.6 no improvement

SOC V 0.95 to 1.2 no improvement

Sb 1.05 to 1.2 no improvement

PLL 1.8

2.5 SB V 2.5 to 2.7 no improvement

VGA is GT620 on PCI16-1

No sata or other device attached

Tanks ;)

hey guys, already flashed 5803 but the temperature readings I'm getting are awful. I'm at 60-70c idle which only jumps ~75c under load.

Already reseated my corsair h115i 2 times, second time with spacers under the thumb screws since I had the feeling the spacing was wrong (using the AM3 backplate)

anyone else has something similar?`

edit:

atm I've only set DRAM frequency / Voltage, using ryzen master for cpu temps

just started gaming a bit (path of exile), after starting the game temperature goes down to 60c, was kinda locked at 70-72 after running a synthetic test and idling

Edited by Daxten

Hi,

Thanks for the guide and geekbench result, that's nice.

I probably do something wrong, but I'm stuck at 110 BCLK, any advice ?

3200 MEM x 100 boot easily

2400 MEM x 110 boot easily

but I can't boot higher than 110 -> reboot for ever (loop). I tried 111 112 115 120 135

CPU ratio is low enough to be safe

bios 5704

mouse/KB plug on CPU USB

PCI-E gen2

Dram V 1.4 to 1.6 no improvement

SOC V 0.95 to 1.2 no improvement

Sb 1.05 to 1.2 no improvement

PLL 1.8

2.5 SB V 2.5 to 2.7 no improvement

VGA is GT620 on PCI16-1

No sata or other device attached

Tanks ;)

I have the same problem as Wizerty. I will test with other chips and bios 5803 today.

Can you try only adjusting refclk and nothing else? Auto rules should take care of the rest, ideally on 5803 BIOS.

I fixed the voltage at 1.35 and oc'd to 4ghz, ram at 1.3v / target frequency 3ghz.. it seems to be better now but can't get idle under 50c. Under load 70-75c

(used hwinfo to verify temps)

Which sensor are you relying on? Idle temps read relatively high on this platform. Being in OC mode means your power saving functions are mostly disabled.

Can you try only adjusting refclk and nothing else? Auto rules should take care of the rest, ideally on 5803 BIOS.

Which sensor are you relying on? Idle temps read relatively high on this platform. Being in OC mode means your power saving functions are mostly disabled.

Sure, I will try after work today with same bios and with new bios.

Thanks,

Wiz

it clocks down to 2ghz, sensor is CPU (Tctl).

I've reversed the OC for now but idle still stands at 50-60c, under load still 70+.

checked again my cooler, I don't think it has to do with it, as I already said I remounted it 2 times. I'm using a AM3 backplate, could that be the problem? Maybe it will get better with the corsair am4 kit.. the temps feel odd, what is considered "normal" with ryzen?

Edited by Daxten

it clocks down to 2ghz, sensor is CPU (Tctl).

I've reversed the OC for now but idle still stands at 50-60c, under load still 70+.

checked again my cooler, I don't think it has to do with it, as I already said I remounted it 2 times. I'm using a AM3 backplate, could that be the problem? Maybe it will get better with the corsair am4 kit.. the temps feel odd, what is considered "normal" with ryzen?

No I think your cooling is fine. Does the voltage drop in idle as well? (0.x range)

Indeed, with F5 setting in bios I can boot with 120 refclk.

I tried to set one be one all my setting and I finally find the "wrong" setting. When you set SMT to enable MB can't reach anymore high refclk :P

I tried few time "auto" and "enable"

-> Auto = boot

-> enable = no boot

This is still with 5704, I will try new BIOS no.

Tks.

EDIT : Same bug happen also with 5803 bios. So keep SMT mode on AUTO

Edited by Wizerty

This is timings set be autorules with different ratio.

blue area can be set manually from bios.

green area can't be set manually, you need to use the good ratio to get timings you want if I understand the guide.

http://forum.hwbot.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=5414&stc=1&d=1488929939

@elmor :

I don't understand why there is " timings control after training" ?

autorules are the same with all mem stick or it depend on brand ? Ic ?

Tks,

wiz

This is timings set be autorules with different ratio.

blue area can be set manually from bios.

green area can't be set manually, you need to use the good ratio to get timings you want if I understand the guide.

http://forum.hwbot.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=5414&stc=1&d=1488929939

@elmor :

I don't understand why there is " timings control after training" ?

autorules are the same with all mem stick or it depend on brand ? Ic ?

Tks,

wiz

We used to be able to modify subtimings after initial POST and in the OS but it got locked by AMD in the release firmware. The options are just leftovers in case we get control again.

Subtiming autorules are decided by AMD and not us, it doesn't seem to care about SPD values either. Pretty sure they are fixed depending on DRAM configuration (DRAM Ratio, 1/2DPC, SR/DR).

Elmor is there's any way i can save my Board after it decided to auto update the bios all by itself and bricked during a reboot ? It happened out of nowhere :/ ? It got stuck for an hour trying to update the bios all by itself all of the sudden. Now it does not do anything , i tried all the bios thru the Bios Flashback and it does not work. Any idea or help how can i save the mobo ? Any help will be appreciate it.

Kind Regards: Angelo

This is exactly what happened to me:

Edited by chispy

Elmor is there's any way i can save my Board after it decided to auto update the bios all by itself and bricked during a reboot ? It happened out of nowhere :/ ? It got stuck for an hour trying to update the bios all by itself all of the sudden. Now it does not do anything , i tried all the bios thru the Bios Flashback and it does not work. Any idea or help how can i save the mobo ? Any help will be appreciate it.

Kind Regards: Angelo

This is exactly what happened to me:

Not unless you have an SPI EEPROM writer available.

Had Win7 x64 installed on Apex, moved the ssd to Crosshair and plugged the mouse and keyboard in the black SUB ports.

The OS installed drivers and I can use it now. MemTweakIt and TurboV from that installation seem to work, too.

Still on 0601 bios the board came with, will update soon.