HWBOT Community Forums

ROG Crosshair VI

Hi guys, I currently have the Corsair Vengeance 2x8, 3000mhz cl15 LED, any ideas if im gonna be able to use it at 3000mhz on the asus hero VI? If not currently do you think it's going to be possible in future with bios updates?

Thank you!

We went a little bit too far with the tweaking, probably future BIOSes will go back to 5803 behavior. You can manually restore this by setting the Sense Mi skew to 272 under Tweaker's paradise.

Thanks for the reply. I set "Sense MI Skew" to enabled and the "Sense MI Offset" to 272 now. It's now showing 33°C in Idle with watercooling which seems reasonable.

Edit: 44°C load still seems very low though (Cinebench, 3,9GHz@1,28V).

Any tips for getting my ram working properly? It's G.Skill TridentZ 3200 C15. So far I got it working on 2933MHz CL14 but 3200MHz doesn't boot. It goes through the F9 cycle a couple of times and then stops on the "0d" error when booting. This was with the native 3200MHz multiplier and 100MHz BCLK, tried up to 1,2V SOC voltage on 0902. Ram timing manually set to 15-15-15-15-36 in BIOS with 1,35V. Maybe bad ram?

Edited by Masterchief79

Try 16-16-16 first, because it rounds up to the nearest even CAS, however on my system 3200 was straight boot with new bios.

Same at 133.4 BCLK.

No it can happen randomly at reboot, I really suggest you update to 0902.

Updated to 0902

Performance is on par with 8503, however I can't boot 4.1 anymore.

It was working with 1.38V before, now it is stuck at 55 code no matter the voltage. Everything else is the same as on older bios, 4GHz works fine.

133.4x30.75 = 55 code

133.4x30.50 = 55

133.4x30.25 = 55

133.4x30.00 = BOOT

PS: Setting CCX ratios from windows works.

Edit: Strange thing is over 31 ratio it works. So there's something like a hole between 30 and 31.

Edit2: In fact it is not related to ratios, because 100x30.50 works, but 100x40.25 doesn't. The hole is from 4 to 4.1GHz.

Edited by I.nfraR.ed

Thanks, will try that :)

I would like to avoid 105MHz BCLK or more because you lose PCI-E 3.0 and I'm optimizing for 24/7 operation. So would be great if it would just boot with native 3200MHz and CL16, will report back.

Edit: Unfortunately didn't work. Whatever I do, the memory doesn't work with anything above ~3100MHz. I tried native 3200MHz and also by BCLK. It shuts off for a sec, boots, goes F9 -> 0d and I don't get a post. No F9 cycle either. As I said, 1,2V SOC, 1,35V mem voltage, timings set to 16-16-16-16-35 this time, the rest was on auto.

Edited by Masterchief79

hey guys, seem to be stuck at 4.1 GHz at 1.425v so far. I went to 1.45v trying to hit 4.2 GHz, but instantly BSOD in Cinebench. I'm running this under water with 360mm and 240mm radiator with a 1070 in the loop, D5 and fans at really low speeds for minimal noise, reporting 79 C max after 10-15 min at full stability test in Windows 7. might be able to lower this number by ramping fans but rather not.

I understand 95 C is the max thermals, is it safe to go to 1.5v to try for 4.2 GHz? or should I continue dialling voltage down and settle for 4.1?

I've not tried any memory changes yet, this is with the Crosshair VI, and Elmor's latest BIOS from this thread, ps thank you Elmor, this is my first post, I'm a member of another forum and saw a link to this. your BIOS update removed my anxiety to even try Ryzen yet, I had it all here and was going to just wait a few weeks to even boot it up because the motherboard availability is so low, even if it bricked and I used RMA I could be waiting weeks and weeks to try again lol.

You won't gain much over single-core XFR frequency in the case of 1800X. It requires a big increase in volts.

You will see a better scaling with temperature in this case. I'm sceptical you would pass 4.2 even on 1.5V with your current cooling configuration.

It won't kill your CPU though, I've seen accidental 1.7V on water.

okay thanks guys, I did indeed try for 4.2 at 1.5v, no dice. instant BSOD in anything. it does get to the desktop no problem but Cinebench for example will run for just 2 seconds and Aida64 stability only 1-2 seconds too.

I was also wrong after further testing, 1.425v was not stable at 4.1, I had to bump this to 1.435 or so.

is that an ok voltage for 24/7 usage?

I'm maxing out at 81 C with extreme stability test running for 4-5 hours.

I could maybe notch it down to 75 C if I was to run the fans a bit higher speed but again I'd rather not, got alot of machines in here so like to keep each fairly cool hence the overkill radiator space in every one for the components.

Still be careful with the temps though. My Crosshair reads 45°C CPU Temp under prime95 @3,9GHz/1,3V. I can touch the back side of the board with my fingers though and even the back is hotter than 55°C I would guess. And keep in mind there's not even a good thermal connection between the CPU die and the mainboard itself. So the CPU should be at least at 65°C during that test, so it reads about 20K off the actual temperature.

This is with the 0902 bios and the Sense Mi fix to 272 already btw.

That's means CPU error afaik, like it can't be initialized, maybe too much contact pressure or dirt in the socket or whatever... Should be fine if you switch the coolers back and take the CPU out and in again. As long as you didn't break off any pins or something, permanent damage seems to be improbable by just switching coolers. Did you maybe pull the CPU out with the air cooler and damage it somehow in the process?

https://community.amd.com/community/gaming/blog/2017/03/13/amd-ryzen-community-update?sf62109582=1

so what do you guys think on here? see the temperature section..

are they basically claiming if Ryzen Master is showing 58 C idle (which mine is) but a 79 C max load temperature, those values are actually to have 20 C deducted to indicate a true temperature reading (relative to the 95 C maximum)?

little confused at this moment about this

Elmor i think there is a Bug in TurboV Core 1.01.15 , when booting into windows at 1.38v or higher with the LLC set to 4 or 5 in Bios 0902 and using TurboV in windows the voltage goes hay wire crazy it goes from 1.09v to 1.38v to 1.81v sometimes , i can fix it by rebooting. It happens random. Thank you in advanced Jon.

Kind Regards: Angelo

Elmor i think there is a Bug in TurboV Core 1.01.15 , when booting into windows at 1.38v or higher with the LLC set to 4 or 5 in Bios 0902 and using TurboV in windows the voltage goes hay wire crazy it goes from 1.09v to 1.38v to 1.81v sometimes , i can fix it by rebooting. It happens random. Thank you in advanced Jon.

Kind Regards: Angelo

Hi Angelo, can you give me exact instructions to replicate? CPU Core Voltage = 1.3800V in BIOS + LLC = 4/5. Then set which value in TurboV Core? Voltage reading in CPU-Z? Does the voltage fluctuate between those values or do you get a fixed high/low value?