HWBOT Community Forums

Can Ryzen be benched on Windows 10?

I have posted this question a couple of times elsewhere on the forum as I get my 1700X tomorrow and don't want to have to re bench any benchmarks if I need to do them on Windows 7.

Is the Ryzen in the same class as Skylake & Kaby Lake in terms on benchmark results being valid on Windows 10?

Thanks

I have posted this question a couple of times elsewhere on the forum as I get my 1700X tomorrow and don't want to have to re bench any benchmarks if I need to do them on Windows 7.

Is the Ryzen in the same class as Skylake & Kaby Lake in terms on benchmark results being valid on Windows 10?

Thanks

There was a post saying it is affected by the RTC bug so it is in the same class as everything other than skylake and kabylake. But there are some benches that are ok, like 3dmark suite, gpupi and a few others.

• 9 months later...
  • Administrators

No - the problem is deeper, there are articles on the internet that propose with BIOS updates bclk tuning might be unlocked on boards without external pll chip and msi even released beta Bioses in the past. In fact AMD does not support Hwbot at all if I am not mistaken, including no deeper information on stuff like this and similar. We will have to stay with win7 except for the benchmarks with integrated timer and 3Dmarks with link and sysinfo enabled

• 2 months later...
  • Administrators
Just now, Jumper118 said:

the 2200g and 2400g dont work at all on 7 :P 

Glad to see you are happy that amd does not bother to fix the rtc bug and at same time does not offer win 7 support - you are a real role model for us all :)

5 minutes ago, websmile said:

Glad to see you are happy that amd does not bother to fix the rtc bug and at same time does not offer win 7 support - you are a real role model for us all :)

i thought it was funny when i spend £140 on an apu to find i couldnt even boot into windows for 3 hours trying to get it working :) i dont run windoge 10 on anything other than my mining rigs. 

does this mean 90% of all ryzen and threadripper scores are technically against the rules XD  

Edited by Jumper118

• Administrators
3 hours ago, flanker said:

I heard, the main problem is not AMD but Microsoft want not support Win7 or help with HWBOT issues

Intel fixed the rtc issue on skylake and newer systems. We all know ms does not give a f... about this, but give me one good reason apart from that amd does not give a f... as well why Intel can do it and amd can't

4 hours ago, websmile said:

Intel fixed the rtc issue on skylake and newer systems. We all know ms does not give a f... about this, but give me one good reason apart from that amd does not give a f... as well why Intel can do it and amd can't

Intel used the money they saved soldering the lids for the past 6 years on to work on fixing it XD