HWBOT Community Forums

The Official GIGABYTE April Extreme Clocking 2017 thread

Lucky_n00b

I would just like to know if 1520 is actually possible?

Because if it is not, then is it fair that it is being used as a target score, if nobody can then achieve it?

As that would mean that no one has a chance to get the top points for the stage, other than the person who already has the next closest score, due to the target score being unattainable.

check the database, not a single quad core 1520 ;)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know how I missed the mandatory background but I think subconsciously I read Splave's one response about "lol - it's not working here" and didn't include it despite my thorough submission in the 1st round. :-( Oh well, good luck to people moving forward and thanks to Obi-Wan Splave-nobi for using jedi mind tricks on me... ;-)

• Administrators

Alva Yeeeessssssss :P

I moderated stage 1, please note 2 things, HEDT (X99/X79) is not allowed and a screenshot with background and cpuz cpu, memory and mainboard tab plus result is mandatory. I had to remove a lot of results and I did not like this :/

Karta what happend ? I killed only 3 1155 cpus with defective mb from MSI and few p4/athlons/durons, but never something more "new" and you know, iam crazy experimentater with voltages..

I don't know really. Was only at 4.7g, 1.25v on core. Tried lowering bclk in software, pressed apply and it shut down not to wake again. Tried in 2 other boards and 00 code. I suspect was the IMC but who knows. Only got those XTU runs from it and that was it. Very sad loss.

That LN2 board was won in a local competition, and it's hardly a competition where it will have any advantage over other boards. Plus, last generation.

Is it really a problem that it is part of the competition? He had no chance of winning anything other than the Lucky prize like the rest of us and only competition points.

Btw, I am still classing most of us all as first place. We all got close to target, with the only difference the time we entered. We are all winners.

Edited by KaRtA

I didn't realise that the there had to be the mainboard window open, although the picture of my rig should show that I don't have an LN2 board (and I don't have enough status to even warrant getting an LN2 board) is that alright? Next submission will have it though

• 2 weeks later...
I did not remove it but obviously people were not happy with the picture of your benching rig that you provided and reported it

Well can my score please be restored, because there is nothing in the competition rules as to what has to be in your bench photo and my one showed my Gigabyte Z170 board, so I don't see any problem with that.

Looking at other photos, there are some that just have a pic of a cpu heatsink and you can barely see the board, so how is that any better.