HWBOT Community Forums

GIGABYTE Summer Spectacular 2017 Discussion

mllrkllr88

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^Anything under 0c will be reported as 0c and then an ln2 user could say they are on phase

Gosh so many ways to cheat, is there a absolute way to make sure the readings shown are truly what they are?

In the spirit of the competition it would be better if people can compete on true level playing field.

• Administrators

Please note that the 3d stages (Ice storm and catzilla) need a verification link, we will also add this to the rules explicitly. It is more safe than staff checking fps only to make sure default benchmark settings are used

• Administrators

Lod is explicitly allowed in the rules for ice storm - we had some "complains" that changing resolution can boost result illegally, and I want to avoid drama when I check manually only (fps in relation to clocks). It is much easier and more transparent for all contestants if the link gives more security

• Administrators

Update and clarification on Ice Storm:

If the in-benchmark settings and resolution are not changed it is allowed to change the desktop resolution. Please note the link has to show default settings being used, which is OK when the benchmark settings (aka res for example in the benchmark) are not changed and default

• Administrators
Why was my gpupi submission removed????? I received no notification of an issue. I've checked sub several times and see nothing wrong.

Sorry, but this is no mistake - your submission has cpuz cpu, memory and spd tab - the mandatory information is cpuz cpu, memory and mainboard tab because the comp is limited to Gigabyte mainboards only. No chance I could let it stay in competition

Thank you for explanation. Major brain far on my part, being for competition and not normal submission. I did not receive a notice it was removed.

I guess you should have removed all of them as none of my subs have main tab. 3d were just place holders anyway.

Nice to see SI's submission made it in time, good job on 1st stage guys. Now lets see some burning gk208's please

my memory stinks, wish I would have went with 1gb card. I have samsung mem but 1450 is max at 1.55v, adding voltage doesnt help. Gonna try and epower the memory tonight.

It's cool I took my tek 9 fat brkt and put 1 screw in the farthest hole and 1 screw diagonally across but in the closer hole and if I tilt the pot a tiny bit the screws fit perfectly and I can mount it with 2 screws.

my memory stinks, wish I would have went with 1gb card. I have samsung mem but 1450 is max at 1.55v, adding voltage doesnt help. Gonna try and epower the memory tonight.

It's cool I took my tek 9 fat brkt and put 1 screw in the farthest hole and 1 screw diagonally across but in the closer hole and if I tilt the pot a tiny bit the screws fit perfectly and I can mount it with 2 screws.

Oh man that sounds like exactly my pot and mem situation though my mem does 1488MHz but yeah I have to mount the Raptor 4 with 2 screws and tilted a little because my 2GB GDDR5 gigabyte card has a rectangular mount.

Also about Icestorm. It's legal to set desktop resolution to like 800x600? because that makes the benchmark run at super low res and gets a huge FPS boost.

Edited by buildzoid

Oh man that sounds like exactly my pot and mem situation though my mem does 1488MHz but yeah I have to mount the Raptor 4 with 2 screws and tilted a little because my 2GB GDDR5 gigabyte card has a rectangular mount.

Also about Icestorm. It's legal to set desktop resolution to like 800x600? because that makes the benchmark run at super low res and gets a huge FPS boost.

ya I think we have same card, i epowered mem last night to test, did some shrr shrr around both sides of thru hole and cap area, have some nice spots.

i forgot to set dip switches though and was mad because when i booted up there were tons of artifacts, but i was only at like 1.05v so that was the reason, hopefully i can squeeze a few more mhz.

might try 2 epowers. but I get worried about crossing the grounds from each epower. Not sure what that would cause or if it matters.

No, you don't get to complain about 1450 mems... :P

I am stuck at 1375 with 1GB Samsung GDDR5. This was the max on the stock card with stock voltage. Then with G-Power core+memory its exactly the same. I tried all the way up to 1.78v and didn't even gain 5mhz. Interestingly, going down to 1.45v (-0.05) got me about +15mhz so I think trend shows heat is an issue. I am hoping to get some scaling with cold.

No, you don't get to complain about 1450 mems... :P

I am stuck at 1375 with 1GB Samsung GDDR5. This was the max on the stock card with stock voltage. Then with G-Power core+memory its exactly the same. I tried all the way up to 1.78v and didn't even gain 5mhz. Interestingly, going down to 1.45v (-0.05) got me about +15mhz so I think trend shows heat is an issue. I am hoping to get some scaling with cold.

ya hoping cold will help.

Hey have you ever tried 2 epower's. Is it possible to get the grounds crossed when using 2 on one card. or does it not matter? Maybe it's a dumb question but I dont have a lot of electrical knowledge

Has anyone experienced CB issues with this GT730 yet?

I did a quick test last weekend and my card has an issue around -80. With enough DMI volts the card was displaying with full pot LN2 but I could not bench it there. I am curious to see if others are having similar experiences.

No more LN2 for me :( I am going to try DICE tonight, we will see how far that gets me.

Has anyone experienced CB issues with this GT730 yet?

I did a quick test last weekend and my card has an issue around -80. With enough DMI volts the card was displaying with full pot LN2 but I could not bench it there. I am curious to see if others are having similar experiences.

No more LN2 for me :( I am going to try DICE tonight, we will see how far that gets me.

good luck with the dice, going to try cold tonight, will let you know if I get same cb

I want wish everyone good luck with the rest of the competition!!

I had tons of fun learning GT730, I picked up a few new 3D tricks, and I got to try LN2 for the first time too...couldn't ask for a better time benching :) It feels good to be done, looking forward to sitting back and watching you guys battle it out for the top spots.

I cant believe I need 7 power plugs for a tiny gt 730, haha, not sure if it will help but it's fun practicing soldering and learning as much as I can,

I know it's late but the volt mod is in the photo above, top one is core, 20k vr and bottom one is mem, I used a 20k vr at 15k. They are both pin 6.

found some nice vcore and ground on back

Edited by Strong Island

You guys doing 2 epowers on such a tiny GPU? Crazy stuff.

honestly it was mostly just for fun. I did the volt mods first but my memory sucks so I figured I would try to improve it a bit, once I did the mem I figured why not do the core. Helps me practice on cheaper gpu also.

The new epower will def come in handy with a mem rail.