HWBOT Community Forums

Summer 2017 Party in PA! :)

Will you be able to make the party?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be able to make the party?

• Definitely- Either weekend works
    • Definitely- Only the 14th-16th works
    • Definitely- Only the 21st-23rd works
    • Maybe/Hopefully
    • Newp

Let me know if you want a passenger to help chip in for fuel, I'd be happy to drive to your neck of the woods and roll with you from there !

Hey Jason, sorry I didn't see this. I already have time off for the 14th but can get it moved if need be for another weekend. My plan now is to leave the Friday morning before and spend that day driving since it's around 10hours from my place.

If you haven't already booked flights or other arrangements, let me know and we can finalize everything once the date is finalized.

Hey Jason, sorry I didn't see this. I already have time off for the 14th but can get it moved if need be for another weekend. My plan now is to leave the Friday morning before and spend that day driving since it's around 10hours from my place.

If you haven't already booked flights or other arrangements, let me know and we can finalize everything once the date is finalized.

Count me in !

Getting nervous as the time window is quickly closing and I've still not heard back from Corsair.

Researched a Plan B. Last year's venue in Harrisburg has availability either of our target weekends. The rate is $500/day plus taxes. Still waiting to hear back on the best sleeping room rate they can give us but it's likely around $110 per day per room. Just as a point of reference, the rooms at either of our Philly venues are about $200 per room per night (so about $600 for Thursday check in, Sunday check out). Will have to check ln2 pricing but iirc it was under $1000.

So...question for the group. If Corsair backs out, would you be willing to make this a self -funded party? The actual price of the benching room would be $1000 (benching Saturday and Sunday) or $1500 for benching Friday through Sunday. If we can get 15 people then it'd be $100 per person (plus taxes and sleeping room rate) plus about $75 per person for the ln2..

Thoughts? I'm game for anything the group wants to do but last year was so much fun, it'd be awesome to do something.

Please let me know. Atm am honestly leaning toward Plan B. Net, net...we could self-fund in Harrisburg for less out of pocket expense than doing it in Philly.

Edited by funsoul

Estimated per person cost in Philly with Corsair sponsorship (excluding travel and taxes):

$200/night x 3 = $600

Estimated per person cost in Harrisburg without Corsair:

Hall + ln2 = $175 per person

Room = $110/night x 3= $330

Total= $505

For those that may be concerned about added travel costs from Philly to Harrisburg, maybe I could drive from Harrisburg to the Philly airport and provide a free ride.

with the money we save on rooms it works out. I would be sharing a room with jason and since I am driving I could probably try and pick some people up from the airport also.

Not that I want to cut out Corsair but I have been learning sometimes it's fun to do things on your own, because you have nobody to answer to and can just have fun instead of working, even if it is more expensive.

The amount of stress I put on myself for a free board, because I dont want to disappoint is not fun, especially when you have 2 jobs and a kid. You just end up feeling guilty the whole time.

UPDATE:

With time getting short and having not heard back from Corsair, this party will now be a party strictly for us, by us. The cost per person will actually be lower than it would have been in Philly (at least for people not sharing rooms, see above comments). The only commitments or expectations will be our own. FUN is the name of the game with this get together!!!!

I'll work with the venue and ln2 supplier to get an all-in price asap, come up with a total per person price then create an official sign-up thread. We need to move quickly so we'll have to set a closing date for the sign-ups. Once sufficient funds have been sent (or at least close anyway), will book the venue for the 14th-16th of July. If we don't get enough paid sign-ups by the end date, all funds will be returned. If more than enough people pay in, either partial refunds will be made or we'll spend it all on pizza and beer.

Apologies for the long delay and lack of a confirmed set up so late in the game but am doing the best I can :)

Stay tuned!!!

UPDATE:

With time getting short and having not heard back from Corsair, this party will now be a party strictly for us, by us. The cost per person will actually be lower than it would have been in Philly (at least for people not sharing rooms, see above comments). The only commitments or expectations will be our own. FUN is the name of the game with this get together!!!!

I'll work with the venue and ln2 supplier to get an all-in price asap, come up with a total per person price then create an official sign-up thread. We need to move quickly so we'll have to set a closing date for the sign-ups. Once sufficient funds have been sent (or at least close anyway), will book the venue for the 14th-16th of July. If we don't get enough paid sign-ups by the end date, all funds will be returned. If more than enough people pay in, either partial refunds will be made or we'll spend it all on pizza and beer.

Apologies for the long delay and lack of a confirmed set up so late in the game but am doing the best I can :)

Stay tuned!!!

I'm still interested! I will probably test my dewar this month in prep on some old hardware. 75% sure I can make it.

Have you talked to any other vendors? There is a MicroCenter near Philly as well.

Still waiting for confirmation on the all-in price for the beblnching room but confirmed that the sleeping room rate will be $89/night (+tax).

Also...although the benching room is available for the 14th-16th, the hotel is completely sold out. The party will be July 21st-23rd.

Will update this thread when I know more.

Beepbeep- haven't spoken to any other vendors

I should be in for Harrisburg just have to confirm with work.

I wonder if microcenter would let us set up right in the store. Last time I was there they had a lot of dead space on the one side of the store. It would definitely draw a crowd for them.

Hope to hear back from people tomorrow and will get an update and sign-up thread posted asap.

Yeah...don't have a corporate microcenter contact and doing something like this direct with an individual store brings all kinds of liability issues (plus we'd have to tear down and clear out every day). Wish I had enough space and powah runs...I'd just do it at my house. hehehe

The official sign-up thread is here: http://forum.hwbot.org/showthread.php?t=170495 Harrisburg, PA July 21st-23rd, 3 days of benching fun with a great group of other benchers :)

All-in price per bencher for the event room and ln2 is $175 including all fees, charges and taxes.

Trying to get this figured out as quickly as possible so, if you're coming, please sign-up now :)

Thank you!!!

-Stefan