HWBOT Community Forums

HWBOT Team Cup 2017 Discussion

max1024

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ddr1-4, fb dimm is ddr2 and rdram is different technology

Thanks for making this clear but it is after the start of the competition and now that i have purchased a motherboard and memory for this specific stage based on the initial post

( i was still researching the cpu )

Who do i send the bill to for the hardware that was only to be used in this competition?

Every time you guys make a change it helps one team and hurts another.

Similar to the allowing of server chips in 939. People have to buy hardware asap to compete in some of the areas so changing those rules after the competition starts ( or clarifying

to eliminate some hardware ) has a economic hardship for many.

This also brings up the reason for the change as every change hurts or helps people with that specific hardware.

Say hello to my new motherboard and ram. That will likely sit in a drawer for eternity now.

Mixed Lot of 9 RDRAM RAMBUS | Samsung & NEC brands | 64MB, 128MB, 256MB | T 5613 | eBay

ABIT TH7-RAID Socket 423 Pentium 4 Mainboard PCI AGP new motherboard pc parts | eBay

I sat on this message and rewrote it or it would have been posted yesterday.

Edited by sunset1
needed to think about it first and rewrite.

• Administrators

Send the bill to massman or blame yourself for not asking :) - the stage was designed from the start for ddr1-4 in the original concept and the fact people always search loopholes and don´t ask because they are afraid to lose the loophole advantage is common but also has sometimes the consequence people fail... I asked several times for clarification before the start but well...

P.S. which initial post do you mean? This one that states ddr1-4 a couple of days ago?

http://forum.hwbot.org/showpost.php?p=490626&postcount=6

As said, ask Pieter, all I can do is make clean concepts, ask for fixes if I see something is not explicit enough, but I cannot run after it 24/7 when I have 1k results at challengers i have to check and other stuff to do

Edited by websmile

Say hello to my new motherboard and ram. That will likely sit in a drawer for eternity now.

Mixed Lot of 9 RDRAM RAMBUS | Samsung & NEC brands | 64MB, 128MB, 256MB | T 5613 | eBay

ABIT TH7-RAID Socket 423 Pentium 4 Mainboard PCI AGP new motherboard pc parts | eBay

I sat on this message and rewrote it or it would have been posted yesterday.

Hello

:)

I bet eternity can wait.

You will use them sooner or later in an Old School Cup

Guys, i'm having problems when trying to upload the gpupi32, it keep giving me the message "No client version given, required version: 2.3".

But i'm using the version 2.3.4 download from hwbot link.

Also facing problems when trying to upload aquamark 3 file. If i save the file with the systeminfo it gives me the message "Invalid data file: Unable to parse the datafile".

But when i save the file without using the systeminfo the hwbot submit system simple does not allow it to be uploaded because the systeminfo is missing!

Follow the pictures and archives, please if someone can take a look i'll appreciate:)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7HP4KK3cTXGMFFCemlJRGNBTFU

Hello

:)

I bet eternity can wait.

You will use them sooner or later in an Old School Cup

Well to be honest i refused to buy them when they came out. The price diff was extreme and i waited all these years but decided to due to the team cup.

The board tho looks to be a sweet find.. to bad it will sleep cpu-less for a while ;>

Send the bill to massman or blame yourself for not asking :) - the stage was designed from the start for ddr1-4 in the original concept and the fact people always search loopholes and don´t ask because they are afraid to lose the loophole advantage is common but also has sometimes the consequence people fail... I asked several times for clarification before the start but well...

P.S. which initial post do you mean? This one that states ddr1-4 a couple of days ago?

http://forum.hwbot.org/showpost.php?p=490626&postcount=6

As said, ask Pieter, all I can do is make clean concepts, ask for fixes if I see something is not explicit enough, but I cannot run after it 24/7 when I have 1k results at challengers i have to check and other stuff to do

Well considering its impossible to guess what your main intent was and while i understand your point about people trying to get slick with hardware this is NOT one of those times.

For instance the dell 8100 desktop is pretty damn mainstream. NOT server. This board is a desktop not a server.

Loophole? Thats not even a valid point given the situation.

I took the time to try and make a point to help show a problem to make things better and if that not worth your time. So be it.

The main comp page is not updated. And while i was obviously kidding about the refund i do have a valid point.

The pages i looked at are still as they were and here are the screenshots.

If you were looking at the rules and went thru all the pages posted on the oc site what would you think was allowed? all memory. sipps sims dimms sdram rd ram whatever.

It was far from clear because frankly that's insulting to everyone that had to come here and ask basic questions. Its much easier to suggest they were looking for loopholes than to admit it could have been defined up front.

But lately it seems that things are made up as they go along. I for one appreciate your work. I try to stand up for you guys but on the same token i expect you to do the same and not feel attacked when i make a valid point or be told "Go ask Massman ". I wont be asking and i wont be subbing the board. You posted the answer after the contest started but i accept it as i always do.

Anyway blaming someone is not my idea of a good time. Solving problems is. I was a tech during rdram so to me its common place. ill continue to treat you with respect. I expect the same. Peace.

p.s. You have an incredibly hard and thankless job. I could not do it. I lack the skill set. Some of us appreciate what you do and respect your decisions. I may not understand them and question why but in the end your call is good enough for me. There is no need to go further on this matter. Thanks for your time and sorry for the drama. Sunset1

• Administrators
Guys, i'm having problems when trying to upload the gpupi32, it keep giving me the message "No client version given, required version: 2.3".

But i'm using the version 2.3.4 download from hwbot link.

Also facing problems when trying to upload aquamark 3 file. If i save the file with the systeminfo it gives me the message "Invalid data file: Unable to parse the datafile".

But when i save the file without using the systeminfo the hwbot submit system simple does not allow it to be uploaded because the systeminfo is missing!

Follow the pictures and archives, please if someone can take a look i'll appreciate:)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7HP4KK3cTXGMFFCemlJRGNBTFU

Skip the detection on gpupi and disable sysinfo on am3 and upload to hwbot and then add to team cup. Best I can advise at the moment

P.S. and please clear cache and cookies on your browser, this can sometimes cause this problem as well. I checked your gpupi result and I can upload it without problem

Edited by websmile

• Administrators

@Sunset - three days ago someone asked a simple question and it was cleared, by doing this as well you could have avoided not only purchase but also discussion. This is the main point I refer to and you can´t deny this. Same I cannot and will not deny that the description is unclear, nontheless it makes no sense when you see stuff like this and buy items despite the fact you do not know if they can be used.

P.S. We had a configuration error at the rules, can someone confirm that the downloads for background are now on again and work?

Edited by websmile

Skip the detection on gpupi and disable sysinfo on am3 and upload to hwbot and then add to team cup. Best I can advise at the moment

P.S. and please clear cache and cookies on your browser, this can sometimes cause this problem as well. I checked your gpupi result and I can upload it without problem

Thanks, it worked :)

PS: I think the total points on HWBOT TEAM CUP 2017 - SC2: GPU 3D is not working right, because the sum of all 6 stages is giving diferent result on the "total" last column.

Any plans to put the restriction to DDR1-4 in the rules for the stage rather than requiring people to delve into a forum thread to find out what is and isn't allowed? I was pretty damn close to buying rdram myself because there's no indication whatsoever on the competition pages that there'd be any problem with it as long as it's 423/478 rather than 603.

That's fine.

It's not like it wasn't posted at all.

Obviously I'm not the only one that saw it.

Blame is easier to give than receive.

Are you seriously making the argument that it's unreasonable to expect reading the competition rules and the the page for each stage to give you a complete idea of what's allowed?

@Sunset - three days ago someone asked a simple question and it was cleared, by doing this as well you could have avoided not only purchase but also discussion. This is the main point I refer to and you can´t deny this. Same I cannot and will not deny that the description is unclear, nontheless it makes no sense when you see stuff like this and buy items despite the fact you do not know if they can be used.

P.S. We had a configuration error at the rules, can someone confirm that the downloads for background are now on again and work?

How was i to know that someone posted a question in the forum? Was it referenced on the contest page? NO.

If you don't post it on the contest page it has no bearing on the contest. Leaving it hidden in the middle of some posts and then claiming it was resolved is a very interesting strategy. This matter is over to me and i will not be subbing the board as i have seen the post. When i saw the post it was accepted that it was not to be part of the contest.

" when i saw the post was when it was pointed out to me as it was not on the contest page. " thank you for your time. Lets put this to rest. thanks Sunset1

• Administrators

I see no obvious reason why you did not ask - if you buy stuff without knowing before the contest even started it is not hwbot`s business. Not much more to say about it, it is a three months contest and there is no need to hurry.

On another note, 1822 at xtu 5g will not be accepted (sigh, XTU still bugging) and do not downclock for screenshot on stuff like this and also disable speedstep so that we can check frequency. 5003 is the core limit in cpuz and 5,00 at xtu, to check this we need full multiplicator on the screenshot.