HWBOT Community Forums

HWBOT Team Cup 2017 Discussion

max1024

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

I know, but we had 58xx which are practically same a couple of times now, this would make no sense to use it again. 6970 and 6950 are main targets

P.S. The division of amd cards is giving headaches all the time^^

Edited by websmile

I see no obvious reason why you did not ask - if you buy stuff without knowing before the contest even started it is not hwbot`s business. Not much more to say about it, it is a three months contest and there is no need to hurry.

Why would someone ask when there wasn't anything that would introduce doubt? I don't see the forum full of people checking if P45 boards and E8xxx series C2Ds are ok for LGA775 pifast. Please can you just add something to the competition page to reflect the actual rules? Since FB-DIMMs are server hardware and I assume no-one mind if someone handicaps themselves with SDR, a simple "no RDRAM" would be perfect and then there would be no chance of anyone else making the same mistake.

I totally understand and support the decision to make it a DDR1-4 stage so that it's not a "who can find an RDRAM board" competition, I just really want to see it communicated properly before someone else buys hardware they can't actually use. Please?

• Administrators

Anyway, you can contact Christian_Ney on this or Massman, maybe they finally update the stage rules. I am now off duty for an undetermined time and plan to do a lot of unfinished business that I had no time for.

How exactly the ranking algorithm works? For example the situation is as following:

3DMark01 GTX 200 (3 GPUs)

person1 -> submits 110k with GTX 280 (day 1)

person1 -> submits 115k with GTX 285 (day 2)

person2 -> submits 105k with GTX 260 216 (day 3)

person3 -> submits 120k with GTX 285 (day 4)

--------------------

So after day 2 we have one score contributing to the stage which is 115k with GTX 285... 38333 total score. After day 3 we have 115k (GTX 285) + 105k (GTX 260 216)..... 73333 total score. But what happens after day 4? The logical approach would be 120k (GTX 285) + 110k (GTX 280) + 105k (GTX 260 216).... 111666 points total. Question is, does it really work this way?

• Crew

Since we had trouble with the Radeon HD 6000 Stage:

I changed the limitation to specific GPU Cores, means you should be able to submit with Radeon HD 69xx, 69xxM, HD 68xx and HD68xxM cards. Thats still not the whole HD 6000 series but at least a lot closer.

Let me know if it works.

I downloaded the official wallpaper of the competition in the first days of it and ran the benchmarks, printed and uploaded my results.

The thing is that i notice the wallpaper changed!

I took a look at the result of other competitors and some of them are using the same wallpaper that i downloaded.

I would like to know if i'll have to run all the benchs again with the new wallpaper, or the first one is still valid?

Sorry if it's already been covered but I seem to be missing something with aquamark. Had a few ok scores but whenever I try to upload the results files, all throw a corrupt error. Is there something I need to do in app settings or bios or something?

• Crew
Sorry if it's already been covered but I seem to be missing something with aquamark. Had a few ok scores but whenever I try to upload the results files, all throw a corrupt error. Is there something I need to do in app settings or bios or something?

Try a run with disabled systeminfo