HWBOT Community Forums

HWBOT Team Cup 2017 Discussion

max1024

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No idea about world tour - on the x299, I was strictly against allowing it anyway

1. After Intel´s paper launch we still have regions where cpus are not available, and what is even worse, a lot of boards are not available. Some guys in the staff are still believing in vendors and promises, and that a launch is a launch. Maybe next time they will be more realistic. Fact is Intel and vendors bunnyed a lot of stuff up by making paper launch, sending out dozens of samples but you cannot buy the models they send out as samples even in big markets like europe.

2. X299 cpus without delidding are useless if you want to max them out. Delid tools are not widely available which provides another problem.

3. I have big doubts that someone buys an expensive new gen platform for team cup only, so don´t tell me you spend 2k or whatever to throw the hardware away after the cup is over...

P.S. You can easily believe all of us would prefer it to be different, but we have to react when we see something goes utterly wrong

I bought a 7900X and literally bought a 7740K just before the ban, the 7900X only took 2 weeks to find. I even got a board that was available before the comp start to keep it honest. There are no real elites competing here and I doubt I will make an impact on the scores. But Bunny the few though right?

• Crew

Well lucky you living in the big US of A... however you didn't submit anything with it yet ? In Belgium we have stock since last week. Decent OC related motherboards, prolly end of this month... maybe, untill Coffeetake gets released on the 21st...

The main concept of this Teamcup was too allow the teams to be competitive on hardware most possessed. Which in our thoughts was Sky/Kaby Lake and Hasswell/Broadwell-E. Also GPU wise no exotic requirements are needed. Investing in a 2K platform which is blown away with the latest CPU releases would completely go against that thought. Hence why due to very low retail availability and therefore affiliated sparse nr of submssions (read 3, of which one done with an ES CPU ) it would be better to halt the usage of the X299 right now for this cup.

Some might like the decision taken, others will hate it. I could be wrong but I think most will applaud the move.

Edited by Leeghoofd

People don't problem with the decision taken, the problem is when the decision was taken. All those problems you list were known before the comp started, why didn't you think of it then????

People who spent their money asked, explicitly

http://forum.hwbot.org/showpost.php?p=490786&postcount=25

Why didn't you say no then???

Also we don't have any special boards available here in USA either. Fact of the matter is, on a platform with CB & an IMC that barely scales after 3400Mhz RAM, all you need is a board with a halfway decent VRM setup & you are good.

Case in point, $@39@`s 3DMark - Time Spy score: 14263 marks with a GeForce GTX 1080 Ti

Maybe if you people had the ability to stick to your decisions instead of flip flopping half way through, people would respect you more.

Edit:- Also, CPU availability has been bad in USA as well. There were some CPUs available at launch & then nothing for past 3 weeks or so. Just had some new stock in last week, most of which was sniped by scalpers.

Edited by rtsurfer

• Administrators

I made a precheck on sc1 and some sc2 stages - since one year now cinebench has to show the complete rendered image, we will not accept hidden pics due to possible file cheats. And 80% of all time spy subs have no link despite from benchmark start it was clear you need a valid fm link.

• Administrators

You have to submit XTU for competitions at oc esports website for the stage - the problem is caused by XTU normally not in need of a screenshot for validation, which means when you submit at hwbot.org you add the screenshot as rig picture in fact. This is not accepted when you try to add the sub to the comp then.

As said, the solution is subbing at oc esports website via submit button of the stage

• 4 weeks later...

How is the MVP ranking calculated for the comp? Especially since most stages require more than one submission, how is the weight of each individual sub determined?

Also, I was looking at the results for the ROG Team comp to see if I could figure it out, and the person who won the MVP award only submitted three stages?

How is the MVP ranking calculated for the comp? Especially since most stages require more than one submission, how is the weight of each individual sub determined?

Also, I was looking at the results for the ROG Team comp to see if I could figure it out, and the person who won the MVP award only submitted three stages?

I think it's simple. If you need 3 score they do score 1+2+3 then divide by 3. If you only sub 1 or 2 scores it still gets divided by 3 so you loose out by getting 1 guy with a massive score vs 3 OK scores.

well, are the few prices given to warp9 and overclock.net supposed to be enough...? are you gonna give bonus points to the team?

for individual competition, there is a price + points, why should this be different? yeah, I know, spoiled brats...

in any case, this teamcup surely emulates members and/to attracts some new folks, this is at least what I/we try to do in my team. but yeay, a little reward does not hurt either...