HWBOT Community Forums

GIGABYTE Beat the Heat Discussion

websmile

• 2 weeks later...

I had a quick question about the XTU stage. The rules state "CPU frequency may not exceed 5GHz (determined by XTU). Cache multiplier must be lower or equal to core multiplier." This is different from the usual 5003 limitation so I am curious if there is a limit setting or something I am missing in the XTU program.

My token qualifier XTU sub shows 5001 using 50x100 so I just wanted clarification if there are any special new rules that need to be considered.

I just can't believe Gigabyte would limit the competition to Z270 motherboards. I own two Gigabyte boards - both Z170. I'm trying to understand what the mentality here was but it escapes me. Of course, if there is one thing that Gigabyte is good at doing it's ostracizing their customers.

So what lesson did I learn? Always read all the rules and never take things for granted before you purchase another CPU from Newegg just to enter a competition you can't actually enter LOL. My bad.

I had a quick question about the XTU stage. The rules state "CPU frequency may not exceed 5GHz (determined by XTU). Cache multiplier must be lower or equal to core multiplier." This is different from the usual 5003 limitation so I am curious if there is a limit setting or something I am missing in the XTU program.

My token qualifier XTU sub shows 5001 using 50x100 so I just wanted clarification if there are any special new rules that need to be considered.

I think xtu has to say 5ghz and cpuz can say up to 5003mhz. not sure if correct. I thought only hedt can use higher cache then multi but maybe they just throw that in there to cover everything, unless someone has a board that does that.

I just can't believe Gigabyte would limit the competition to Z270 motherboards. I'm trying to understand what the mentality here was but it escapes me. Of course, if there is one thing that Gigabyte is good at doing it's ostracizing their customers.

So gigabyte has been running back to back competitions with hw and $ as prizes while others do $h1t and yet giga ostracizes its customers.

Additionally, since -as you said- it escapes you, have you thought the following?

a) its bloody 2017 and they don't care about z170 (and they shouldn't). Marketing budget goes on new series of products not old.

b) Might not be the case, but since they want to push z270 imagine if a z170 mobo would win their z270 product series. Not something that they would want to promote imo.

Thank you for sharing those points - as I said - it wasn't clear to me. Point B is makes a lot of sense.

I'm not sure it's fair to say other vendors have done nothing since I know there are a lot of grateful winners that just came out of a couple of Asus sponsored comps. But I get it - you took issue with my "ostracizing" comment and you're probably right - it wasn't needed.

Thank you for sharing those points - as I said - it wasn't clear to me. Point B is makes a lot of sense.

I'm not sure it's fair to say other vendors have done nothing since I know there are a lot of grateful winners that just came out of a couple of Asus sponsored comps. But I get it - you took issue with my "ostracizing" comment and you're probably right - it wasn't needed.

Exactly. No need to flame/go extreme on vendors (at least not always) that do something oc-community related. ;)

the main rules don't state it but if you drill down into each of the tests it makes it clear that z270 only. If there is any doubt, though - feel free to ask OGS ;-)

I don't know where you are seeing this rule, as I have checked the rules listed in each stage and it does not mention anything at all about only Z270 boards can be used.

All it says in every rule listing is that a Gigabyte or Aorus desktop system must be used. It does not specify Z270 anywhere.

I don't know what to say. I mean, obviously I posted in response to what I read initially but you are right - it's nowhere to be found. Maybe they changed it to allow more people to compete but I know for sure it was there.

Well, now I really must eat my words because this is the opposite of arbitrary and now I can even compete rather than complain. I'd like to hear from a mod just in case it was removed by mistake but as it stands it doesn't appear to be a requirement.

• 2 weeks later...
I don't know what to say. I mean, obviously I posted in response to what I read initially but you are right - it's nowhere to be found. Maybe they changed it to allow more people to compete but I know for sure it was there.

Well, now I really must eat my words because this is the opposite of arbitrary and now I can even compete rather than complain. I'd like to hear from a mod just in case it was removed by mistake but as it stands it doesn't appear to be a requirement.

I remember seeing it as a requirement to start with too, now it has been removed and it seems like it is staying removed.

So i got 4 reports for using not official bios???

Sorry but can you please let me know where this is stated because then all submissions using x8e in both soc and gaming 5 motherboards should be deleted...

the bios was downloaded from here... Gigabyte Z270 SOC/G5 Discussion Thread

Bios seems available to me. If it's the same as in the thread you linked it should be allowed.

It is in the gigabyte z270 tools rar in the thread.

Even if we were not supposed to use x bioses (which is not written anywhere) what i really cannot even comprehend is that both people that reported my scores for using non official bios are using the same bios for their motherboard... go figure...

Whatever the outcome of the moderation is, it is respected from me at least.

Since I am supposed to be the member involved.

I would like to point out two things, apropos of the potential misunderstandings.

I have my reason to doubt at least 20 submissions.

I think it was a bit not correct to do not have a frequency monitoring system ( HWmonitor for instance ) running.

I do not accept personal attacks and heavy insults, like integrity and sincerity characterizations.

Have not replied to personal insults.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion strictly based on results and doubts of them, but not on a personal basis.

My 0.02 cents.

And even if the mods decide to allow my submissions, I will personally delete them ALL, even the ones not reported.

Hope this makes everyone happy.

Edited by Fasttrack

If I set my BIOS to 50 x 100 and XTU reports "5.01" ghz can someone kindly advise me on how to avoid that in the future? Shouldn't that be counted as a simple flux considering CPU-Z shows 5000?

This was the entry that was removed:

http://hwbot.org/submission/3608318_marco.is.not.80_xtu_core_i5_7600k_1525_marks

Not fighting it but would like to know if I really would need to lower my multiplier and than play with BCLK for next time?

If I set my BIOS to 50 x 100 and XTU reports "5.01" ghz can someone kindly advise me on how to avoid that in the future? Shouldn't that be counted as a simple flux considering CPU-Z shows 5000?

This was the entry that was removed:

marco.is.not.80`s XTU score: 1525 marks with a Core i5 7600K

Not fighting it but would like to know if I really would need to lower my multiplier and than play with BCLK for next time?

I had same issue, I believe it was fixed by installing newest version