HWBOT Community Forums

New BIOS 0030. Updated LN2 profiles for LCC and HCC CPUs. Added Vccin Tracker option under Tweaker's paradise, enabled means "phantom throttling" is on, might allow for higher frequencies at the cost of efficiency. Known bug if you use 125 or 167 BCLK strap and keep DRAM Ratio = Auto you will get stuck at 49 POST code. To avoid, manually select DRAM Ratio.

yes, In the use of accidental power failure, the power will automatically power off three times

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Which POST code before it shuts down?

Edited by elmor

• 3 weeks later...

did anyone else run into dead dimms on the Apex? it seems my dimm C1 is stuck at error code 53 with several moduls, not posting. board is insulated with vaseline but i did clean out the dimms with contact spray to make sure its not contact issue. going to crosscheck the cpu on different board soon.

did anyone else run into dead dimms on the Apex? it seems my dimm C1 is stuck at error code 53 with several moduls, not posting. board is insulated with vaseline but i did clean out the dimms with contact spray to make sure its not contact issue. going to crosscheck the cpu on different board soon.

i had problem on mem detection because of the cpu bad mounted in the socket....try to take cpu off and put it again back.

• 2 months later...
anyone know what safe daily uncore offset voltage is? just curious because on auto the apex is setting it very high (+0.450) according to turbo-v (its the only thing that spits out what that is set to)

I have mine set to 0.350 24/7 with no performance issues.

• 2 months later...

Hi Elmor.

Ive testet the Board under cold and recognize some strange behavior.

After changing Memory values, i couldt not set VCCIN anymore, there was no input voltage shown. After cmos clear its still there. BIOS 1103

When adjusting Multiplier in Turbovcore, some cores droped down to x12.... When adjusting Vcore to 1,3v for example, one cores raises up to 1,5v

is that Turbovcore bugged or Bios ???

It does not need to be under cold to exhibit this behavior.

Same applies even under water cooling.

I have understood ( and would be most happy to be corrected ), that I can trust only settings made in bios.

For example - Try a very simple thing - to raise ( even slightly ) VccIN in Turbovcore. My system freezes instantly and does not even reboot. Only hard reset.

Same bios - 1103. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 3/31/2018 at 11:37 PM, unityofsaints said:

Fixed the 23/26 POST codes, was related to wrong CBB voltages. Does anyone else have issues setting maxmem with B-die? I'm on BIOS 1102 and I've tried lots of different maxmem settings on different O.S.es (Server 2012, Win 7, Win 10) and none of them work.

Maxmem only works up to W7 / 7 Embedded. Por 8/8.1/10/Server and all those you need to use the "remove memory" command my CMD

• Like 1

On 8/15/2017 at 7:00 AM, elmor said:

BIOS

0030 Updated LN2 profiles for LCC and HCC CPUs. Added Vccin Tracker option under Tweaker's paradise, enabled means "phantom throttling" is on.

0026 Latest BIOS, based on official 0802. Supports Windows XP with Kaby Lake-X. No throttling due to Vccin.

0038 Supports Windows XP with Kaby Lake-X. No throttling due to Vccin.

@elmor - which of these is actually the latest BIOS with XP support? I tried 0038 based on the naming but am seeing worse memory OC than latest official. Is 0026 actually newer?

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...