HWBOT Community Forums

The official GALAX GOC 2017 Worldwide Qualifier thread

Rauf

Two questions:

1: Is it max 1% discrepancy between screenshot and validation for mem freq stage?

2: Is the new OC lab mem needed for the qualifier? The rules says any galax retail mem, but this page says new OC Lab mem is needed:

http://galaxstore.net/GALAX-HOF-EXTREME-OC-Lab-Limited-Edition-Memory-16GB_p_140.html

"In order to compete for the GOC Online Qualifier you must purchase the Galax HOF OC Lab limited edition memory 16GB DDR and the GTX 1080Ti OC Lab Edition graphhics card."

Thanks Galax for keeping the best XOC competition alive!

• Administrators

I try to clear this but have no response so far - should come monday latest I guess

Edit: It is as stated in the rules, all Galax retail mems are allowed but 1080 ti oc lab edition is mandatory

Edited by websmile

• 2 weeks later...

what the hell is the point of these contests ? basically professional overclocking teams with tons of cash and hardware, win all the hardware ? like they need it.. whats next a contest that the top10 richest persons win more money ? and only 2 professional overclockers are gonna win all the prizes, this shits stupid

what the hell is the point of these contests ? basically professional overclocking teams with tons of cash and hardware, win all the hardware ? like they need it.. whats next a contest that the top10 richest persons win more monTey ? and only 2 professional overclockers are gonna win all the prizes, this shits stupid

I think you are mistaken.

Last year, the entry cost was around 600 USD (1060 HOF + Mems) yet I doubt you participated.

Also, you are talking about winning all the hardware while you skip the competition part (aka Finals). If you are talking about the qualifiers' giveaway prizes (they will cover 8 people from the qualifiers) then you already aim too low. This is not a competition that is meant to have people joining for the giveaway. The goal is top-12 and if you don't make it, winning something from the giveaway can sweeten the pill.

Also, professional overclockers being the top10 richest guys in hwbot or having "tons of cash" made me laugh.

• 2 weeks later...
Bboyjezz and me got our card today, not sure what we can do in 3 days but we'll try our best as always! (oh well at least there's Lucky draw to look forward to haha :P )

Well, you always bench the last day anyway! :P

But seriously, it sucks. Not easy to master those cards in a short time. Good luck, I'm certain you will make it (as usual) :)

• Administrators

I moderated the competition and want to say thanks for the awesome participation. The result is final apart from a claim Galax got, I cannot tell about what it is but one guy qualified might be excluded from finals. Sorry this sounds mysterious but the person already got info about this, so do not worry it is you if you weren´t notified

Grats to all who benched hard, and rthanks for the awesome results and the fair play I saw a lot here :)

Congratulations everyone! Some amazing numbers were posted, I expect to see some world records broken at GOC 2017.

On a side note: Did anyone else's 1080Ti suffer from a CBB/CB? Regardless of container mounting or voltages set, video signal would cut out and PC would lock up @ -75℃ and not post exactly between -75℃ & -92℃. I could boot at -93 and below, but any 3D load @ would cause me to lose video signal. Signal would also cut out again at -130℃. Anyone experience anything similar?

Congratulations everyone! Some amazing numbers were posted, I expect to see some world records broken at GOC 2017.

On a side note: Did anyone else's 1080Ti suffer from a CBB/CB? Regardless of container mounting or voltages set, video signal would cut out and PC would lock up @ -75℃ and not post exactly between -75℃ & -92℃. I could boot at -93 and below, but any 3D load @ would cause me to lose video signal. Signal would also cut out again at -130℃. Anyone experience anything similar?

Both of my 1080 Ti's suffer from this issue.

Same here :) -85°C coming back to live at -120°C

Would your display come back without rebooting, or would you have to reboot? Could you bench at -120℃?

I'm assuming the temp sensor bug is a per-sample phenomenon? I've seen some examples of this card being pulled-down below -75℃ without a hitch.

And known workarounds, or do I have an LN2 potato?