HWBOT Community Forums

$@39@ is cheating X265 and HWBot Prime

Splave

• Crew
Either way we cant have people continue to break the rules no matter what happened in the past. Someone got caught and needs to suffer the consequences if true. If we want to move forward we just have to handle it this way from now on and try and forget past mistakes. And thank Splave for catching it. but I was definitely frustrated by cinebench also, mainly because I didnt get to use it, haha.

I do agree with you

Issue is, how many times can you draw a line in something and move forward before anything actually gets sorted?....until the next time :P

Has it been decided that it 100% is a cheat? I have no idea how to use a java console to pause any benchmark so I can't test it. But there is proof that using pause button does not "trick the benchmark to make it think it ran faster", so I would say that at least using pause button is not a cheat. Not any more than slow mode is for xtu.

However I do find it unlikely that he has some other kind of super tweak to get that kind of efficiency with that OS and no overkill mode. But has he tried to explain it to mods or maybe even confessed?

• Crew
Has it been decided that it 100% is a cheat? I have no idea how to use a java console to pause any benchmark so I can't test it. But there is proof that using pause button does not "trick the benchmark to make it think it ran faster", so I would say that at least using pause button is not a cheat. Not any more than slow mode is for xtu.

However I do find it unlikely that he has some other kind of super tweak to get that kind of efficiency with that OS and no overkill mode. But has he tried to explain it to mods or maybe even confessed?

You thought the Cinebench image manipulation was a "tweak"

Give over Rauf :D, it's 100% a cheat

Isn't cheating at the top level pretty pointless??

I thought the ultimate overclocking aim is to be able to win live competitions with binned parts and referees etc, if you can't do well on the benches for real surely you would come unstuck at a contest.

My ultimate aim one day is to be good enough to overclock head to head. I've got some impressive section times on Strava (cycling app) where I've beaten a few well known local riders but they mean nothing on race day when you are all riding in the same conditions, then I'm just another rider in the mid field. I'm guessing the same would be true in a live overclocking competition where everyone had the same parts but I can dream.

I've been benching X265 since it first came out as I find it useful for establishing a good base overclock which will work for nearly all of the benchmarks if you just want to push out a hat full of reasonable scores for a particular CPU. Not done it on LN2 yet, might give it a go this weekend even if there aren't any points up for grabs.

I was hoping to see $@39@ turn elite and entering some live events, I'd like to think he is still a talented overclocker and will come back after his ban and follow the rules. Would be as good a time as any to change his name.

• Crew

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo, not an Aussie interaction plz Matt... Don't dare to give the link to Neil!!!!

Although never mind, everybody continues, though just keep it polite and no more thread derailing.

Back on the topic, so no more personal mudslinging, or banana things from the past, just focus on the present and how we can learn from it.

• Crew

why do you want him banned so badly?

this thread should definitely be closed.

That's certainly the most responsible thing to do.

As you all have noticed, the following actions were taken:

• HWBOT Prime: points disabled
  • HWBOT X265: points disabled; may be enabled soon; new version is coming soon
  • $@39@'s account temporarily suspended until we have further information