HWBOT Community Forums

Everyday all day submissions from unreleased Intel processors

Ace123

Lets put it this way.

7980xe release date is today and fugger posts a bunch of zen2 benchmarks. Nobody sees zen 2 for months.

Vega releases today, kingpin posts volta results. You cant touch one. Vaporware at the moment.

Pascal refresh gtx 2080 release today, splave posts Navi results. Not releasing soon.

Which of these are we ok with?

I'm fine all of them, helps to know what to plan on buying and what to avoid like the plague, which is usually anything from AMD. :celebration:

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one is obliged to be a member of HWBOT, if the environment or/and the policy of the site is against someone's beliefs.

No one is obliged to submit results at HWBOT, in order to enjoy overclocking as a hobby.

Overclocking is a vast field of knowledge, besides good or bad hardware.

It is a true joy for the enthusiast who experiments under any cooling conditions, to study and learn-learn-learn.

The right to make rules and decide on policy strategy, belongs to the respective owners.

These owners will benefit from wise decisions or lose from incorrect ones.

No one is obliged to be a member of HWBOT, if the environment or/and the policy of the site is against someone's beliefs.

No one is obliged to submit results at HWBOT, in order to enjoy overclocking as a hobby.

Overclocking is a vast field of knowledge, besides good or bad hardware.

It is a true joy for the enthusiast who experiments under any cooling conditions, to study and learn-learn-learn.

The right to make rules and decide on policy strategy, belongs to the respective owners.

These owners will benefit from wise decisions or lose from incorrect ones.

The idea that respective members should not provide feedback is wrong, as is the idea or belief that if something is wrong or you dont like something you just keep your mouth shut and put up with it or F-Off. These guys deserve your feedback for providing a community to be a part of. It isnt negative, you owe it to them. Trolling or destructive behavior is another thing entirely.

The idea that respective members should not provide feedback is wrong, as is the idea or belief that if something is wrong or you dont like something you just keep your mouth shut and put up with it or F-Off. These guys deserve your feedback for providing a community to be a part of. It isnt negative, you owe it to them. Trolling or destructive behavior is another thing entirely.

We understand your passionate Ace about the big scores & perhaps beaten with pre released hardware. You've been fairly outnumbered by opinion in here too.

Put it down to the Industries of Silicon. Manufactures make the computer parts & we buy them. It's about churning over Billions of dollars, big investments.

We all play our part. End user, overclocker, testing, development, endorsements, publicity, advertisings, business.

Not matter where we fit. There is purpose for us all. The elite/ extreme guys are so lucky to test the new parts early & post scores.

Benefit us too, as we save for those precious parts that benefit us most. Lust after the new & shiny is another term.

Reviews are fantastic on pre- release.....just enough information is leaked to keep you interested & keen to purchase.

In the end.... it's not about the needs or wants of x1. It's about the many. Industry wheels keep turning & the consumer keeps purchasing.

Cheers up man & keep racing your machines

Guest Wimpzilla
This thread is gold.

Time to go sort through all my trays of 12, 14, 16, and 18 core nao excuse me xD

Kidding or am I . . .

If you do not know what to do with them, send me one, i have not enough money to build the config along, but could be nice to pin it to my wall of shame!

Kidding or am I...

Ive been doing this a long time. Ive invested a portion of my life to hwbot and overclocking in general since I began posting my first overclocks on a funky little site named pimprig.

If I notice something crappy about a community I belong to and dont bring it up, how will I ever effect positive change? Am I just as bad as the next guy?

I have no problem with Intel, ive been an enthusiast overclocking their processors for a LONG time. I had a 386... they have in the past reacted.... poorly in an attempt to protect what they see as theirs, Market share. Part of our jobs as consumers is to check that behavior. If we reward a company with business and positive outlook for doing well qnd delivering great products, why shouldnt we do the opposite for negativity or shady behavior from their marketing department.

Is Strategically lifting an embargo and letting select overclockers release overclocking results on processors that wont be released for months in order to squash your direct competitors launch illegal? No, but it sure is hell shady, and if we all just shrug our shoulders and say "meh, i dont care" then how far will we let them go? At what point does someone say "whoa dude thats bulls**t", i want to protect the competetive market that forces these companies to push innovation and deliver us bwtter products faster, not just bully the competition into stagnation and then milk the current architechtire for 9 generations with garbage incremental increases.

Thats why I bring it up even though its worse than yelling into a vacuum.

Well I know you werent talking about just him but it's funny you replied to him because Rauf has always brought up things that he noticed were crappy, just wanted to say, not being sarcastic.

I definitely lost motivation for competitive overclocking, just want to do for fun now. I definitely couldnt keep up. It was my dream to have fun overclocking and get involved with elite league but if you cant get first place scores and dont have a great audience you will not get past the first sample. I just cant pay to play anymore.

It's so crazy I can actually afford life things now, I finally have a phone and car and things I like, can go out to dinner. It was too much for me to sacrifice those things for a competitive hobby that's not competitive, but I really did have to, if I wanted to compete even in extreme league. Especially if you arent in the clique of passed around tweaks. I think it's sad because I really wanted things to get bigger and more popular.

also definitely not posting this to try and change anything, been around long enough to know better, just figured I was bored and would share.

It's funny typing this as I see the world record notifications out of the corner of my eye.

Man they are really rolling in, my email is going crazy. But the notifications are cool. Gives a chance for lesser known people to get exposure and have people check out there #1 globals and wr's.

Edited by Strong Island

Well I know you werent talking about just him but it's funny you replied to him because Rauf has always brought up things that he noticed were crappy, just wanted to say, not being sarcastic.

I definitely lost motivation for competitive overclocking, just want to do for fun now. I definitely couldnt keep up. It was my dream to have fun overclocking and get involved with elite league but if you cant get first place scores and dont have a great audience you will not get past the first sample. I just cant pay to play anymore.

It's so crazy I can actually afford life things now, I finally have a phone and car and things I like, can go out to dinner. It was too much for me to sacrifice those things for a competitive hobby that's not competitive, but I really did have to, if I wanted to compete even in extreme league. Especially if you arent in the clique of passed around tweaks. I think it's sad because I really wanted things to get bigger and more popular.

also definitely not posting this to try and change anything, been around long enough to know better, just figured I was bored and would share.

It's funny typing this as I see the world record notifications out of the corner of my eye.

Man they are really rolling in, my email is going crazy. But the notifications are cool. Gives a chance for lesser known people to get exposure and have people check out there #1 globals and wr's.

So well said...

The tweaks, the clique, the insiders, the competitive that is not competitive.

When " tweaks " are considered tweaks for the very few and cheats for the rest.

And when the " closed clique " smells someone else stepping up, they take him down on the spot, calling him cheater.

Does anyone really own even 1 ( one ) of all those 7960 and 7980 processors ???

Of course not.

They can't be owned because they are not officially released.

So who owns the WR's ?

Asus, AsRock, Gigabyte, MSI and Intel.

Keep the flaming coming folks.

I am used to it.

I was banned for tweaking ( sorry - for suspicion of cheating ).

So what more can actually happen ?

Be banned from the forums too ?

Oh well....Lol

Well really the records used to be earned, now I feel like they are purchased and those "lucky enough" or "in-house overclockers" are meerly the vehicle for that purchase. Maybe thats just a misconception or a feeling but I cant help it. I want to be showed that im wrong, but I feel out of control with this like the obscure hobby i loved and enjoyed is becoming commercialized and only those "inside" matter anymore.

Its just a feeling. Carry on.

Well really the records used to be earned, now I feel like they are purchased and those "lucky enough" or "in-house overclockers" are meerly the vehicle for that purchase. Maybe thats just a misconception or a feeling but I cant help it. I want to be showed that im wrong, but I feel out of control with this like the obscure hobby i loved and enjoyed is becoming commercialized and only those "inside" matter anymore.

Its just a feeling. Carry on.

i definitely have the same feeling also but I guess maybe that's what it's supposed to be because all the big players seem happy, so I guess things are going the way people want.

we still have the extreme league and I also feel dumb complaining because if I had the chance I would do the same thing and did try. I am probably just envious.

at least all the 7980 xe were es so that doesnt effect extreme league, sort of like a natural scaling

i dont even know what im saying, been up all night, i can see it from both perspectives.

i just think i do really care about hwbot and the community and want to see it grow. It will be really sad when hwbot consists of 20 people in elite league just trading wr's.

Im going to start getting back into the forum comps, at least i have more control and it's where I always had the most fun.

First time freezing 780 ti kpe I didnt even know what hwbot was and only took screenshots to record gpu clock, and to this day it was the most fun session I have ever had, and the most I ever enjoyed overclocking, it was all down hill from there, haha, jk.

I guess some people, oops meant wallets, just get burnt out and need a break.

Edited by Strong Island

I am sorry to break your opinin, but you cannot say that your hardware expenses prohibited you going out for a dinner or buying a car or phone. This is non-sense , only drama, and as much as i like drama this has no foundation whatsoever.

To adress the matter, why are you guys jealous of some people getting samples before launch and benching them ? They have no commercial value, best thing you can do is use them for benching then keep them in daily use.

You don't have them in stores? Blame Intel and weird launches and confussion, don't be jealous of a few guys that actually did something for the privilege of benching some free samples.

I will spill out the truth for you . There is no competitive overclocking. You cannot make a living out of it. Nowdays there are 2 live competition, G.Skill world cup which from economical point of view is suicidal and your ass usually hurts after finishing it and Galax competition which is actually nice, good hardware, very polite treatment from organizers and so on. THIS IS IT . You also have some online competitions and that's all.

Truth to be said overclocking cannot be viewed as a discipline, sport or whatever. Vendors realized that the ROI simply does not exist that's why they prefer to keep the investment now as tight as it can be. Tricksters made money out of oc in the golden days and continue to make so until the ship will crash but you know this is real life, the last rat onboard will die only when the ship will totally sink. Overclockers never could make a living from his hobby,maybe in golden times if you were so good and won every major comp and live in a country with moderate daily expenses,then maybe yeah.

Nowdays what you get from investing time, energy and money is some free samples and parts before launch. If that is what you hate elite benchers for .... i will not comment further. Just remember what drives us all in this hobby is the passion and dedication, everything else comes and goes.

Guest Wimpzilla

I think users here are confusing decent fair competition ranking with privileges and money. Again this is a disappointing thread from top ranked oc world users.

No one says this situation will change or whatsoever, since economic interest are involved, nevertheless at least try to acknowledge discrepancies and diversity to propose a better ladder model.

From the casual overclockers that want just post a score for fun, to the enthusiast that spend money with the scope to compete, to the high end overclockers that are paid and receive information do to it.

So each category should have more strict rules providing decent and fair competition to everyone. Without having to point out toward the lack of money, sponsorship and knowledge.

Edited by Wimpzilla

Truth to be said overclocking cannot be viewed as a discipline, sport or whatever. Vendors realized that the ROI simply does not exist that's why they prefer to keep the investment now as tight as it can be. Tricksters made money out of oc in the golden days and continue to make so until the ship will crash but you know this is real life, the last rat onboard will die only when the ship will totally sink. Overclockers never could make a living from his hobby,maybe in golden times if you were so good and won every major comp and live in a country with moderate daily expenses,then maybe yeah.

Nowdays what you get from investing time, energy and money is some free samples and parts before launch. If that is what you hate elite benchers for .... i will not comment further. Just remember what drives us all in this hobby is the passion and dedication, everything else comes and goes.

Alex has a very forward way ( and honest ) to spit out the truth.

I would appreciate his words even more if indeed it was the whole truth and not only what

surfaces publicly.

Scratching the tip of the iceberg is certainly good, but not enough.

The vast majority of members here actually have no clue what is really happening behind

the curtains.

Unfortunately ( or maybe not ), THE WHOLE TRUTH can't surface.

There would be legal implications and this is certainly not in favor of either HWBOT or the

99% of active members who have a free playground to exercise their beloved hobby.

Everyone wants samples ,"equal" rights,more points,enthusiast vs elite etc...what a mess it has become.

Did you forgot what made you make the first sub on this website,that feeling of acomplisment ?

How you lost your way,your passion for tweaking your hardware and not looking at what others do or receive?

Hwbot has improved a lot ,you have separate leagues,good allocation of points,great selection of benchmarks in competitions,all for the fun of it.

Remember how was the spirit of a team in the past for country cup and how it is now,everyone is in it for the prizes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You can get it if you want. The way to get free sample is rreally pain and it burn your money. People with free hardware sample is burn more money than what you got. Sometimes if the time is right you can make some money, but mostly you lose money. Everyone can become elite if they want, just not expecting it you can make money from it, you will lose more than you can imagine. Just my two cents ;)

I am sorry to break your opinin, but you cannot say that your hardware expenses prohibited you going out for a dinner or buying a car or phone. This is non-sense , only drama, and as much as i like drama this has no foundation whatsoever.

To adress the matter, why are you guys jealous of some people getting samples before launch and benching them ? They have no commercial value, best thing you can do is use them for benching then keep them in daily use.

You don't have them in stores? Blame Intel and weird launches and confussion, don't be jealous of a few guys that actually did something for the privilege of benching some free samples.

I will spill out the truth for you . There is no competitive overclocking. You cannot make a living out of it. Nowdays there are 2 live competition, G.Skill world cup which from economical point of view is suicidal and your ass usually hurts after finishing it and Galax competition which is actually nice, good hardware, very polite treatment from organizers and so on. THIS IS IT . You also have some online competitions and that's all.

I never said I hate the elite, I actually said I was trying to be one, I know this isnt about me so you were talking to everyone but I just wanted to clear that up. I actually was one for a little bit and tried really hard. I started owner's clubs at OCN when I got a sample and tried to post features everywhere I could and it wasnt enough, but that is ok, I am just talking. I was working 2 jobs trying to afford to overclock and couldnt handle everything at once.

I guess I was really naive to the scene and really thought there was a chance to get involved with a competitive hobby.

Also how do you know I couldnt go out to dinner and buy a car and cell phone. When I got up to #3 in the world, I had a negative bank account and it was exactly what I needed to do to get to that place and afford nitrogen and hardware, why you say that is a lie? How do you know how much I make. Of course I took it too far and should have had my priorities straight but I really loved the competition and I had to be completely broke to keep my ranking. Of course you can say who cares about ranking, but I did and really thought this would stay with me forever, but I couldnt keep up.

Since you say this hobby is about passion and dedication, overclocking and learning on my own and getting involved and starting forum comps is enough to support that. Why go broke for a ranking nobody cares about? Seems really dumb to me now.

But like I said, I was naive and now that I am not I have made changes.

I wasnt complaining or trying to change anything or hating anyone. I stopped in after a few months and saw the thread and figured I would give my opinion because I shared some similar feelings.

And I was only a little jealous because I love overclocking and hardware, not because the samples have monetary value. I have never sold a single sample.

And I know you think you are the hardest worker and all that stuff but for years straight I dedicated every second I had to testing and learning and trying to get better. I was never just looking for a free handout, I respect what you guys do and tried to get there myself and maybe still might try.

Sorry for the walls of text but been thinking about it a lot lately since it was such a huge part of my life for years and now it's not. I guess I am just reflecting.

Edited by Strong Island

I think hwbot would be much better off if it had an "Elite FAQ" linked on the front page. Seriously, there are so many being pissed off by their misconceptions of what it means to be "elite"...

Regarding the ES results dominating the ranking... does it matter if CPU-Z show ES or not? You think vendors don't have access to retail CPUs?... Even if you ban ES, it will still be the same people submitting more or less the same scores...

One thing that is relevant though, but has not been discussed is 7740X ES. Kaby-X ES batches have superior scaling on cold. And many top scores are also done on helium. It seems likely that we will not see a CPU that can beat these ES scores for a long time. We are talking about the most popular categories to bench here: 4C cpus and legacy benchmarks. That is a sad development... One option would be to remove all ES scores from those few categories where retail can't compete with ES. Another option would be to always remove all ES scores 1-2 months after launch.

• Members

Rauf you have to have a general rule, trying to judge and draw the line on each cpu individually would be next to impossible.

ES vs retail is just yet another hurdle that the non elite has to jump over, one I think isn't actually as big as the fact that top guys will bin/be given binned chips potentially out of hundreds, which means no average joe can compete no matter how hard they try. On cheap cpus this is less of an issues, but when you're talking about chips costing 1000usd+ then it puts it into the same kind of area as guys who work at datacenters subbing with stuff that no 'normal' person could ever buy.

Just my opinion on why a lot of people dislike Elite (I'm personally not that bothered)