HWBOT Community Forums

hwbot.org and oc-esports ... are SLOW

• Crew

well no joke it took our team almost 3 hours to complete the upping of the submissions, sometimes having to redo some scores 3-4 times before it was accepted.... Finally you end up with blank score screens and the user makes mistakes out of frustration...

Thanks to the members and espeically the moderators to keep up with the erratic behavior of the site....

Gee..... I'm wondering if it's a hardware problem related to the server(s) not being able to handle the load.

If so get some sponsors to help out.

They certainly reap the benefits of the site and could legitimately even call it an investment/advertising/whatever for a writeoff when they do it.

By helping the bot they help themselves too.

Just a thought here. :o

The problem is rev6 of points does not scale. Each submission has impact on a global ranking, a hardware ranking, possible a custom competition ranking, team ranking, hardware masters, etc etc. One submission may cause 10000 updates of submissions in the same ranking, as the rev6 algorithm is based on your position within that ranking. Eg if there is a new #3, the points of #4 and lower (tens of thousands) need to be recalculated. Obviously this is especially bad during the last days of large competitions, where people sandbag and then submit top scores at roughly the same time.

Rev7 solves this problem mostly by not taking your position into account, but based on % compared with the world record. Only if the WR changes, a total recalculation is required. There is a long ongoing discussion about this revision, and go-live date has been postponed multiple times, sadly.

If you browse the dev version of hwbot (uat.hwbot.org), which runs on much lower end spec servers with the same database, you will notice the site is quite responsive. Rev7 will not solve all the problems, but it will run much smoother.

You need to fix this very slow loading ... on both pages.

It's been too long , with this problem.

Only the forum pages have acceptable loading times.

Hope you can find a solution.

You can try clearing the web browser cache and improving the network environment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You can try clearing the web browser cache and improving the network environment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Do i have to press F5 for this , my friend ?

:ws:

Will i see much improvement ?

:D

Sorry mate

Please dont reply on this.

:)

• 4 weeks later...