HWBOT Community Forums

Official Country Cup 2017 thread

yosarianilives

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators
Does this also mean 3 different AMD cpus? Or would it be okay to do all 3 subs with a 1950x for example so long as gpus are different?

No limit on cpu model apart from AMD most likely, stay tuned for the update. Three different highend gpus are already hard enough to find and expensive stuff

Another quick question about Stage 5. Are Vega Frontier Editions allowed?

No, let´s stay with non workstation

On GPUPI AMD stage we can use intel cpu correct? i assume so

You assume right, the cpu used is not limited for the gpupi stage.

Edited by websmile

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So basically you have to have an i9 to win. I see what you did there designer of le competitions. Intel weren't selling enough i9 cos they are poo and Threadripper is miles better so you ask hwbot to design all competitions to make sure as many people in a team or country as possible have to buy latest overpriced crap they put out and can't use their older hw they already have.

Smooth.

The question is how much did they pay you? Also can I have some Intel shillings monies too plz? If they give me £2000 I'll buy a i9 for the country cup

So basically you have to have an i9 to win. I see what you did there designer of le competitions. Intel weren't selling enough i9 cos they are poo and Threadripper is miles better so you ask hwbot to design all competitions to make sure as many people in a team or country as possible have to buy latest overpriced crap they put out and can't use their older hw they already have.

Smooth.

The question is how much did they pay you? Also can I have some Intel shillings monies too plz? If they give me £2000 I'll buy a i9 for the country cup

I think you'll find that the i9 isn't that good, mesh sucks. Tons of good replacements. For example the extremely cheap pentium ae, skylake pentiums on a bclk oc z170 board, ivy i5s, skylake i3, etc. This list of things is large and all are relatively cheap.

• Crew

Smooth.

What makes you think you need an i9 for this stage? Please do you research like everyone else. There are quite a few CPUs which are better choices.

Also Intel isn't paying HWBOT anything to design the stages of the competitions (or Massman forgot to send me my share). :rolleyes:

• Administrators

http://hwbot.org/article/general_rules

I post a link to the general rules here again - if you use newer sysinfo and latest benchmark version and have a link without time measurement error you can bench all futuremark benchmarks also with amd and haswell etc. The windows restrictions table tells it all, so this should answer the several questions about time spy and so on I get regularly

P.S. Why should someone use an i9 for stage 1 when there are at least 10 subfamilies which have clearly faster cpus for 32m? Be happy don_dan saw this faster, I would have given you a much more "friednly" reply...

Edited by websmile

• Administrators

The ozzies will win, their team session concept plus good benchers and decent hardware will grab the cup :)

On prize-distribution, we will not interfere with this. Our recommendations are lottery in the team (based on number of qualifying subs for example), common agreement or that participants find a solution themselves based on whatever they see as important. We might do a draw for the winners if no one is able to find a solution at a winning country, but this is only last exit if you do not find a way.

On shipping, normal prrocedure is that one or two members of the winning cc teams send adress and stuff is shipped there to be spread. Normally this is handled by Massman or Stewart, so I can only give you a raw overview of options

The ozzies will win, their team session concept plus good benchers and decent hardware will grab the cup :)

On prize-distribution, we will not interfere with this. Our recommendations are lottery in the team (based on number of qualifying subs for example), common agreement or that participants find a solution themselves based on whatever they see as important. We might do a draw for the winners if no one is able to find a solution at a winning country, but this is only last exit if you do not find a way.

On shipping, normal prrocedure is that one or two members of the winning cc teams send adress and stuff is shipped there to be spread. Normally this is handled by Massman or Stewart, so I can only give you a raw overview of options

Okay, thanks for the clarification on the distribution.

Now as for the aussies. They won yesterday, at that point the math said they just had to stay top 3 in each of the last 3 stages. As for winning today, now they just have to show up for the next 2 stages to win, although we know they'll try for a proper shutout :)

Prize wise AU usually puts forth everyone who made a submission, regardless of its standing to vote on what they want from the prize pool in order of preference, then someone does a Livestream with names in hat and pick names out, then chose from lists in order of preference according to what is still available.

Has worked for us in the past so far. Though please I don't need any more CPU pots haha

Edited by zeropluszero

Prize wise AU usually puts forth everyone who made a submission, regardless of its standing to vote on what they want from the prize pool in order of preference, then someone does a Livestream with names in hat and pick names out, then chose from lists in order of preference according to what is still available.

Has worked for us in the past so far. Though please I don't need any more CPU pots haha

You can ship it to US ;) I only got gpu pot for this comp. But more seriously I don't think team USA has potentially been in this scenario before...