HWBOT Community Forums

Official Country Cup 2017 thread

yosarianilives

• Crew

im putting out the challenge to all the big guys next year

get involved in Country Cup, this is my most enjoyable benching of each year, an excuse to catch up with good friends, bench old stuff that i normally wouldnt touch

its genuinely alot of fun, but if the top guys from each country dont turn up and show the up and coming guys how its done, we are going to keep coming and taking this every year

dont let us win 2018

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prize wise AU usually puts forth everyone who made a submission, regardless of its standing to vote on what they want from the prize pool in order of preference, then someone does a Livestream with names in hat and pick names out, then chose from lists in order of preference according to what is still available.

Has worked for us in the past so far. Though please I don't need any more CPU pots haha

Yeah , it's well organised and done fairly. We keep getting Bob(NZ) to do it coz we love his sexy face and voice :P

Often guys will throw into the pool, gear they have no more need for , or duplicates. Helps spread access to gear and therefore opportunities to learn new stuff.

Yes, Websmile, we do love the team session for CC. It's become a tradition to include a bus trip through the Barossa Valley vineyards too, to break up the long benching days. Can get quite messy as some of our pics show lol.

Shout out to the guys at Cybergamer for giving us full access to their venue in Adelaide, big space. Much better room than the gaming venue last year, where I realised how a caged hen must feel like :0

Thanks to all the sponsors for the prize pools for everyone, in particular Gigabyte here in Aus.

Edited by AG-TAS

You guys are killing it! Shame I chipped my Vega 64 last night trying to ghetto mount a tek 9 fat onto it otherwise I would've been able to have some more fun for that stage. KP really needs to provide mounting for fiji and vega... Also I'm really hoping that getting 2nd this year will draw some more people out for next year. Would be really fun to do a bench meet for next CC.

• Crew
Yeah , it's well organised and done fairly. We keep getting Bob(NZ) to do it coz we love his sexy face and voice :P

Often guys will throw into the pool, gear they have no more need for , or duplicates. Helps spread access to gear and therefore opportunities to learn new stuff.

Yes, Websmile, we do love the team session for CC. It's become a tradition to include a bus trip through the Barossa Valley vineyards too, to break up the long benching days. Can get quite messy as some of our pics show lol.

Shout out to the guys at Cybergamer for giving us full access to their venue in Adelaide, big space. Much better room than the gaming venue last year, where I realised how a caged hen must feel like :0

Thanks to all the sponsors for the prize pools for everyone, in particular Gigabyte here in Aus.

^ Everything he said :D

It's a group effort and I'm damn proud to be a part of it :)