HWBOT Community Forums

Wrong core numbers on AMD X2 555 unlocked to 3 Cores in HWBOt apps: GPUPI / X265

Hi,

I submitted gpupi scores and x265 scores for a x2 555 unlocked to x3 cpu

bolc`s GPUPI for CPU - 1B score: 26min 39sec 569ms with a Phenom II X2 555 BE

bolc`s GPUPI for CPU - 100M score: 1min 59sec 485ms with a Phenom II X2 555 BE

bolc`s HWBOT x265 Benchmark - 1080p score: 3.33 fps with a Phenom II X2 555 BE

bolc`s HWBOT x265 Benchmark - 4k score: 0.86 fps with a Phenom II X2 555 BE

I was expecting the system would not recognize it as x3. to correct for this, whenever I try to EDIT + select 3 cores instead of 2 in the unlock section, the submission gets stuck at the following webpage, and does not modify the data :

Apache Tomcat/7.0.59 - Error report

for manual submissions of other bench libe cbr, gb3, etc, I can select from the start "unlocked to 3 cores", and get a valid X3 core submission:

http://hwbot.org/submission/3694649_

however, for x265 and gpupi which deliver datafiles, I get stuck with 2 cores instead of 3 from the start and editing later on crashes...

is this momentarily crashing because of server issues?

or is a bug / should apply a workaround ?

Thank you in advance

I can't help with the issue but did you really need to make 3 threads for this? :P

others were posted in the wrong sections and were locked / deleted

Yes the idea is to make global points for x3 so I posted 3 times :P

Edited by bolc

The topic is looked after, I guess it is caused by the datafile verification.

I appreciate. Let me.know about the outcome.

Many benchers before me could submit x2 555 unlocked to x3 score for gpupi and x265.

I wonder how they succeeded...?

Not sure why it's giving you a hard time - Mine wasn't difficult, just had to specify it was unlocked to 3 cores right after the CPU model was entered, all the rest was per usual. I've noted sometimes using the prepopulate option (If you're using it with a previous run from the same chip) can mess things up so I just do it all manually from start to finish most of the time.

I appreciate. Let me.know about the outcome.

Many benchers before me could submit x2 555 unlocked to x3 score for gpupi and x265.

I wonder how they succeeded...?

With stuff like this you can generally submit with the wrong hardware then ninja edit it to the correct hardware - the edit screen will let you change it. However, with how slow hwbot is lately I've encountered issues with this, there are a couple of x265 5c scores I ended up deleting as the attempts to edit in the correct core count timed out.

Not sure why it's giving you a hard time - Mine wasn't difficult, just had to specify it was unlocked to 3 cores right after the CPU model was entered, all the rest was per usual. I've noted sometimes using the prepopulate option (If you're using it with a previous run from the same chip) can mess things up so I just do it all manually from start to finish most of the time.

for x265 and gpupi scores, I have no options to select the cpu type and number of cores after the file upload. it does all automatically and "grey out" the fields, which cannot be changed

hence I can only change that by editing the submission... which currently leads nowhere

With stuff like this you can generally submit with the wrong hardware then ninja edit it to the correct hardware - the edit screen will let you change it. However, with how slow hwbot is lately I've encountered issues with this, there are a couple of x265 5c scores I ended up deleting as the attempts to edit in the correct core count timed out.

just tried to edit and went into the white screen

Apache Tomcat/7.0.59 - Error report

moderators will have to manually modify submissions I am afraid

I am taking rank#1 for x2 scores while using 3 cores... I am probably being reported by the previous owner of the rank #1 x2 score right now :o

big joke: i can edit to x4, it is applied right away... but I cannot select x3 cores

what the h***

EDIt: I moved all my scores to X4 so folks with X2 scores won t be "injured"

but no way to move to X3 for some reasons...

Edited by bolc

damn** I found out that if you select "skip cpu detection" in gpu pi, you can type in whatever you want during the first selection...!

trying on a X3 445 submission which I saved with, and without cpu detection...

and that works without flagging cpu detection....!

have to check if the same holds in x265 benchmark, to skip cpu detection no such option in x265....

so, I can rebench x2 555 as x3 for gpupi but NOT for x265...

submission is so silly :o... and you feel inexperienced/powerless in front of unknown bugs :D

Edited by bolc

It is possible to disable CPU detection in X265 when using direct upload from the benchmark. I'm not sure if it works however, I quess very few people are using this function.

I tried on my mainrig, that works and brings you to edit and select core number... will try later on the x2 555 when i will rebench it..!

Thanks, this way I may get "rid" of the x2/x3 bench by today, and go back to my haswells :o