HWBOT Community Forums

Cheapaz Chips Season 2 Official Thread

Massman

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

The only changes made at GA were that I removed more results, and mainly because the raymarch bug was happening more often than usual.

On the "bugged" runs, so how to see these? minimum and maximum fps are completely in line for the results. We cannot block results because of efficiency being too good if we do not have more hints. This is a quite new benchmark and it has not been run on lower end gpus much. What is even more hilarious, the community discussed the benchmark choice and hardware for months and obviously no one did in depth testing.

• Administrators

I might exchange stage 3 if we cannot find a solution that either shows these runs are tweaked or bugged. It is always risky to use newer not much tested benchmark on rarely used hardware. This decision will be made saturday/sunday most likely because everyone will feel bad if we have to rely on chance.

I have to comment here because I believe in Honesty too.

I installed W10 and setup everything up and on the first run it crashed I was using the same clocks as I was with 3D03 so I lowered them a bit and it went through and gave me 851 marks so I thought beauty saved the screenshot and subbed it this was on the second day of the comp.

I wasnt thinking anything about bugged run or anything as far as I knew at the time it was good.

Later I tried the openGL API in the bench and got a very low score after going back and trying the Direct X API again I could not reproduce the score.

I have been trying for days and done 4 more complete reinstalls.

I can get 730 easily enough just tweaking with inspector and am sure I can get into the 800's with cold on the card.

As I said I believe in honesty and fairness but I am not removing the score I have not got the highest score maybe Electron Libre can come in here and tell us all how he got a score of 889 he's score appeared a few day ago and I would say he was out to beat my score so maybe he knows how to do it legally.

Edit:

Michael if we change the bench I vote for heaven its in a wrapper and is the same thing basically it also meets the objective of keeping the CPU out of the bench.

Edited by macsbeach98

I might exchange stage 3 if we cannot find a solution that either shows these runs are tweaked or bugged. It is always risky to use newer not much tested benchmark on rarely used hardware. This decision will be made saturday/sunday most likely because everyone will feel bad if we have to rely on chance.

I think if this needs to be done, just extend the length of the competition to make it even.

Macs, as much as I'm sure it is awesome to hit an 850+ if it cant be replicated - or even id say within 20 points I really reckon its bugged.

I think if this needs to be done, just extend the length of the competition to make it even.

Macs, as much as I'm sure it is awesome to hit an 850+ if it cant be replicated - or even id say within 20 points I really reckon its bugged.

I agree totally Matt but if Electon Libre can show up and tell us how he actually done it then I will be able to do it again and so should everyone else.

My actual choice is to change the bench.

Just make the change to Heaven or Splave's idea.

______

Were in here to make this a fun comp ... but for no accusations as scores to be proven / not believed.

Bought a new GT1030 for this :) so I'm a little late to join & learn my first volt mod.

Virgin Alert .....

my question is this michael if you will, and im not even in the comp but watching it, i just tried to download the bench directly from bot comp link to have a look at this bench, 1275 mb, took 20 minutes, i know australias internet isnt good , bit it gets to the end of the dload and its failed ??, my main question is this, has anyone in BOT ever tested this bench, for bugs, or what ever or has it been just chucked in for a comp like so many others and hope for the best and doesnt give dramas ???, coz from what ive seen so far theres many people wasting a lot of time , money, and energy on another bench like the last XTU / realbench experiences ??

thx ozz

• Administrators

The benchmark was tested with a couple of different GPUs, but you can´t test new benchmarks on all different cards available. For this competition, hwbot did not determine the benchmarks used but the community did at a special preparations thread so you are asking the wrong person for "if this was chucked in"^^. The benchmarks we use normally are tested and bugs are known unless we make special stuff like the realbench beta comps in the past to evaluate new options

michael i asked you coz i know youll tell the truth, simple, my original question stands, bot did not test it, im still trying to download the bench,ark form the comps link the 2nd time, 1st time failed, got to the end within 15 seconds, the failed, oops , failed again for the second time in the same comp download option

i watched the video of it and it will be a top but hard benchmark when all is sorted , i loved the older stuff in it, a top music back ground too, and thx for the realbench of late update

The benchmarks we use normally are tested and bugs are known unless we make special stuff like the realbench beta comps in the past to evaluate new options (not really good stuff to put in a comp is it untested )

cheers ozz

michael, i just downloaded it off unigene website and downloaded and installed no problems, i dont have the gear installed to run it but it installed no worries, so can you tell me, everyone what the problem is with the cheapazchips comp download is please ??, i tried it twice same result..failed???

I do not understand the question about the download - if I click the ocesports download link at cheapazz it leads to unigine site directly for download link, so there is no difference for me. Does it lead you somewhere else?

no michael, what i said was if i download it from the cheapazchipz comps link from bot it doesnt download properly for me, it stopped twice and didnt download, both from 2 different ( times) not stages , sorry , typo, there is the option in each stage to download each stage correct ?, stage 3 the super 1080p extreme is not downloading for me, now whether anyone else has had these issues i dont know but im wondering with the talks of a bug somewhere in which ive read of whether that bug is in the download from BOT , clearly theres a bug in it somewhere form the comments already and for me to try download it twice with the same results off BOT from the comp stage page

if i go to unigene site itself then no problems, it downloads perfectly and is installed on my pc now

Edited by ozzie

• Administrators

All downloads work for me, they lead to website of piblisher or direct download at 3dm03, but I need to use the normal left click and cannot download with right click. Same as on hwbot directly, also the 03 being shown as shortened url problem is same. All works nontheless