HWBOT Community Forums

BC1 Mini Power Supply size

marcoliu

In the OBT Mini product webpage, it says a 'full size ATX power supply unit' can be mounted to the Mini.

https://openbenchtable.com/mini/#psu

But, in the Specifications page, it says 'SFX and SFX-L' size power supply units are supported.

https://openbenchtable.com/specifications/

These 2 contradict each other. Which one is correct?

I would think, SFX/SFX-L only is more logical. But I still like this to be officially confirmed.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
Just bought a BC1 Mini and am looking for a SFX/SFX-L PSU to go along with it.

This is my first entry into ITX and as I am not familiar with this form factor, what PSU (brand and model number) would be of good quality? I am interested in 600W-700W range.

Corsair has a very nice 600w sfx power supply. There's a silverstone 700w and 800w as well, however from reading reviews the fan seems to be based on load not heat and supposedly some have died because the fan didn't spin up so may want to avoid. I know that for most itx cpu benching you'll be doing the 600w should be fine. I've actually run quite a few cpu benches using corsair 600w and it's a nice little unit, although 600w probably isn't enough to really push a cpu and gpu on xtreme cooling.

• 1 month later...

@marcoliu - Recently I have built a system in OBT Mini, and main factors for me regarding PSU choice was warranty, wattage and looking at psu reviews. The SF 600 has great reviews. Also Silverstone SFX PSU like the SX800-LTI or SX700-LPT have 3 year warranty while the Corsair SF 600 has 7 year warranty.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...