HWBOT Community Forums

Challenger division IV and V hardware restrictions clarification

unityofsaints

Hi,

These two divisions have different hardware mentioned on the main page and individual stage pages. Am I right in assuming that:

- IV is all mainstream Ryzen CPUs (no Threadripper) and all single AMD mainstream GPUs (no FE)

- V is same as above but Ryzen 3/5 only and all Vegas are excluded

It would be good to get confirmation of this as it sometimes takes a while to get the right hardware shipped and prepped.

Happy Benching :)

Edited by unityofsaints

• Administrators

The divisions are not final, on division 1 limitations are not shown and pro oc also contains tr4 which I cannot add due to lack of access. I did this because no one else is left to do it and to leave a prepared field before I most likely leave, so on further competition problems (also old school) please contact richbastard

• 3 weeks later...
The divisions are not final, on division 1 limitations are not shown and pro oc also contains tr4 which I cannot add due to lack of access. I did this because no one else is left to do it and to leave a prepared field before I most likely leave, so on further competition problems (also old school) please contact richbastard

Can we please get clarification here? The competition starts tomorrow, I have a bench meet planned on Sat. and still no idea at all what GPUs will be eligible :(

This is final from my side, what richbastard changes I can´t forsee

The hardware restrictions are inconsistent. Division V Stage II is probably the worst offender because it mentions APUs + iGPU in the text and Ryzen + dedicated in the limitations section but all AMD 3D stages have similar issues.

Also, will there be a Competition background? Today is the start date.

Edited by unityofsaints

The hardware restrictions are inconsistent. Division V Stage II is probably the worst offender because it mentions APUs + iGPU in the text and Ryzen + dedicated in the limitations section but all AMD 3D stages have similar issues.

Also, will there be a Competition background? Today is the start date.

no backgrounds I was wondering the same thing til teammate pointed is thread out

http://forum.hwbot.org/showthread.php?t=175821&page=2