HWBOT Community Forums

The question about the equality of all participants before the HWBOT rules and an influence of elementary algebra on the state of the Rookie Rumble #51 final table.

Anchoret

Hi all!

A few hours ago the Rookie Rumble #51 ended.

From 27.12.2017 to 15.01.2018 until 12:00UTC inclusive, there were clear rules - Stage 2 HWBOT X265 4K and Stage 3 SuperPi 1M had the same limitations:

>>Only members of the rookie league may participate.

>>Engineering samples not allowed

The final table contains violations of current rules. Namely, Ackerman, as a novice, participates in the final table (Stage 2 and 3) contrary to the rules.

The administration of the competition has not reacted to this violation of its rules.

Also, I want to write I'm not familiar with such elementary algebra, where: 0+15+10=24.

Like that:

wrong_pts.jpg

Edited by Anchoret

• Administrators

And before you criticize mathematics next time, note that we need to recalculate rankings when results are removed to have a final point count that is correct because with each result we block or exclude the ranking changes. As mickulty said, ackerman entered valid results while he was a rookie, we do not exclude members who are promoted automatically before a comp closes

I am already waiting 3 days for the results of a pre-moderation of my message. Where is it?

I repeat it again.

Ackerman was only moved to novice 9 days ago, and entered when they were a rookie.

Have problems with English? Do you feel the difference between to submit (or to enter in your version) and to participate?

Are you really from United Kingdom or pretend?

And before you criticize mathematics next time, note that we need to recalculate rankings when results are removed to have a final point count that is correct because with each result we block or exclude the ranking changes. As mickulty said, ackerman entered valid results while he was a rookie, we do not exclude members who are promoted automatically before a comp closes

I didn't know about your plans for modifying of the calculating submissions. Now, I see a new modification of the HWBOT - rev7.

Dear websmile, just unswer me:

1) What were the limitations in the rules of the competition: "only members of the rookie league may participate" or "only members of the rookie league may submit"? Please, quote the Stage 2/3 limitations here.

2) Have the rules been in force during the entire competition or they ended 8 days before the end of the Rookie Rumble #51?

3) The value of the rules is that all adhere to their. So, should you neglect the HWBOT rules because of Ackerman? Rhetorical question...

... I didn't invent these rules, not me.

Edited by Anchoret

If you would've spent so much time benching in that comp maybe this topic wouldn't exist.

Second thread with b*tching /complaining about useless things,difficult to undestand for you that Ackerman entered the competition as rookie so he was allowed to submit. By the end of competition he could've been Elite,doesn't really matter.

2suzuki

These are just your fantasies that are written nowhere.

Everyone has their own fantasies, different from yours.

The rules should be simple and unambiguous (easy to read and easy to understand). The HWBOT rules were and are such.

The clear rules mean there are no place for your fantasies.

Edited by Anchoret

• Administrators

Sigh - you can only submit when you are a rookie for years if configuration is right, you also can only participate when you have rookie status at start of a rumble and your results will not be removed if you are promoted during the competition, but you cannot submit anymore as soon as you have novice status. So anyone with rookie status at the start of the rumble is eligible, and this is absolutely correct and fair to guarantee everyone has the max of three rumble he can participate.

I said this above, the facts are clear, ackerman did legal and correct submissions as a rookie, non the submissions was made when he was novice, I had to re add one legal result because it was removed by mistake. It was handled same way 50 rookie rumbles before...

Discussion closed, and insulting people does not make sense at all - this will not be tolerated